• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English Platinum names revealed: Fan site posts info before game's release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U.S. Platinum names revealed: U.S. Platinum names update

You hate learning new words?

Girseous is a good way to discribe platinum. Much in the same way "Adamant" describes diamonds and "Lustrious" describes pearls.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Heck, I pride myself on having a pretty extensive vocabulary, and not having the need to learn new words all that often, so I DO like the opportunity to learn new words. I'm still not too fond of the name they picked. But I won't be losing any sleep over it or anything...I'll be buying my copy of Platinum on Sunday just like a lot of other people.

I've just noticed one lame thing.

One of the optional names for girl character is also "Plato".

So, Plato was a woman, or what?

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato

Why it's one of the default names for the Girl Trainer in Platinum. We'll never know.

OMG. Do you know what a rhetorical question is? I'm not really THAT stupid as you think...

I think they were just to lazy to made up a Platinum-related name for a girl. Or the technical limitations didn't allow them to. But I doubt it.

It sucks that they used the name "Plato" for girl.

What are the others, out of curiousity?

Same as in D/P, I think. I didn't meet any new names (other than Plato) and I tried a lot... But they might be one or two new names that I didn't get.

That's one of thousand reasons why I think that our hacking masters (Zhen Lin, Arty2, Pipian and co., but they could hire Kyoufu Kawa and Peter O., or maybe even exhume Meowth346 for this matter [if they all agreed, of course]) gather up again and make a Script Rip project again! We really need it, as there is many hidden in-game data which have to be ripped.

If you really want Game Script for Platinum (I bet you won't mind it), please discuss here. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks but we are more than capable of getting our own screenshots in game...and not with a camera either.

Thanks but we are more than capable of getting our own screenshots in game...and not with a camera either.

Yeah but I have pre-release screenshots and oh yeah.. how do you get screenshots without a camera?

You don't have pre-release anything. You're using a flash card.

But still.. I have screenshots PRIOR to the game release so it's called pre-release

meanings of
pre-before

release-publish

okay?

:D

You're not the only person capable of obtaining such things though...we can get higher quality shots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom