• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English title of seventeenth movie revealed: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction to

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
English title of seventeenth movie revealed: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction to be ...

The English title of the seventeenth Pokémon movie has been revealed to be Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: English title of seventeenth movie revealed: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destructio

Whoa, that was QUICK! o_o

What, is the dub going to come out about the same time as the Japanese release?

Thing is, that wouldn't really surprise me...

Someone please remind me, how soon did the English titles for the last few movies come out :confused: Because I don't remember them being revealed THIS soon!

Unless, of course, this a mix-up.

Last edited:
Re: English title of seventeenth movie revealed: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destructio

I've a feeling that it'll be a theatrical release this time...

I've a feeling that it'll be a theatrical release this time...
+1 the idea. Additional +1 if on IMAX. Another additional +1 if in 3D.
Didn't expect the title to be this soon.
But what does "available for license" mean?
Possibly less restrictions for distributing the film.

Last edited:

I'm curious about the film being available for license. Is the license for a television broadcast or a DVD distribution?

The movie doesn't come out in Japan until July, and yet we already have an english trailer? God damn, the Pokemon Company has been on fire lately.

Wow; I was stunned that the English title was unveiled so soon! Here are my comments, originally posted on PokeCommunity Forums:

The English title for the 17th Pokemon movie was revealed today, being:
Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

English trailer:
[YOUTUBE]3I5OKEh12Ek[/YOUTUBE]

English logo:
BkmoO3kCYAAlpI8.jpg

Source: English title of seventeenth movie revealed - Bulbanews
This was quite startling for me; the English title unveiling so quickly was unexpected! Could The Pokemon Company International (TPCi) be pushing for a worldwide (well, as close to that as it can be) release of the first XY movie as well..? I can't complain about the title - the retaining of the moniker "The Cocoon of Destruction" was practically exactly what I wanted! {XD} Kudos to TPCi for not "censoring" it somehow.. I love the logo as well - the "Cocoon of Destruction" part looks suitably menacing and the "Diancie" part looks all diamond-ish and pretty. <3 I guess the main thing I dislike, logowise and namewise, is the prominence of Yveltal...I'm thinking that this movie is probably all of what we're going to get in terms of a "Xerneas vs. Yveltal" movie (unless a sequel involving Zygarde or something else is made), so the imbalance of Yveltal receiving more focus slightly bothers me a bit.

Ayaka.png
Millis_Steel_M17.png
Marilyn_Flame_M17.png
Ninja_Riot_M17.png
I love the designs and outfits for Ayaka and Millis Steel - and they're cuties, to boot! ♥ Marilyn Flame looks like a fiery vampire(?) with an intriguing outfit, so we'll see how that works out... Ninja Riot's water-based design looks a bit too generic for me (although his shinguards are cool), but I hope that his English name remains the same. I hope that Millis Steel and Marilyn Flame are kept as their respective English names, unless TPCi can somehow pull a Woosleyism and name them something better.

As for the English trailer, I liked Marilyn Flame's English voice as well as Yvonne/Serena's English voice (first time that I'm hearing it). As with DAT NARRATOR...I don't know. XD At least we got the "Dee-YAN-see" pronunciation for Diancie, so that's a plus (although if the etymology does involve the English word diamond, "Dye-YAN-see" probably would be better and would make more sense...this feels like "Dialga" all over again {XD}). It's going to be a rough few months as Never Trust A Trailer is in full effect, particularly regarding Mega Evolutions (although I hope everything from the trailer makes it in; the diamonds were pretty and stuff and all the voices were decent to good range...still unsure about whatever sound Delphox uttered XD). The English trailer omitted the "Project Pikachu/Pikachu the Movie/Pikachu Project" stuff, strangely... Here's hoping we get an official English release of it online or on the DVD release of this movie.. :x

In addition, it's cool that Ayaka cameoed in Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~; looking forward to see her role in the movie! I hope that these movie characters get veiled cameos in future core series Pokemon games...

A theatrical release would be intriguing (and quite unexpected at this point in time).. In any case, I await the English airdate of the movie, and I hope that the "Pikachu Project" segment still sees a proper English release, whether online or on DVD.. :<

There probaly will be a dubbed Pikachu Project segment. But it will have to be online this time, like the last PP, (the one with the Eeveelutions) but it can be done.

And if they can disturbute the Pokemon anime to Netflix and Hulu terrortories, what about Australia?!?! For 20th Century Fox's sake (censoring joke intended), AUSTRALIA DOSEN'T HAVE NETFLIX AND HULU. On the postivite other hand, Beyond Entertainment are kind enough to realese EVERY FUCKING SEASON AND FILM (apart from the first 3 three films, obviously because Warner Brothers still own the rights to said 3 films) ON DVD IN THIS COUNTRY. But apart from Australians hacking onto Netflix (It's possible, alright) and watching things online without paying for it, I have one question:

Is there a way Australians can watch Pokemon offically online?

My answer: NOBODY GIVES A FUCK.

And if they can disturbute the Pokemon anime to Netflix and Hulu terrortories, what about Australia?!?! For 20th Century Fox's sake (censoring joke intended), AUSTRALIA DOSEN'T HAVE NETFLIX AND HULU. On the postivite other hand, Beyond Entertainment are kind enough to realese EVERY FUCKING SEASON AND FILM (apart from the first 3 three films, obviously because Warner Brothers still own the rights to said 3 films) ON DVD IN THIS COUNTRY.
Well, in the past movies have only been released at cinemas and on DVD. They have put a few of them on Pokemon.com, Netflix and Hulu before though (although Pokemon.com was only for a limited time). Beyond is going to release this on DVD (maybe even before the US), so there's no need to worry about Australians missing out. Also, don't forget about Movies 6 and 7, which Beyond doesn't have the rights to, and have consequently never been released in Australia.

But apart from Australians hacking onto Netflix (It's possible, alright) and watching things online without paying for it, I have one question:

Is there a way Australians can watch Pokemon offically online?

My answer: NOBODY GIVES A FUCK.
Pokemon.com/Pokemon TV app (although you aren't paying for that, it is legal, which I assume is what you meant by "without paying for it").

Whoa, that was QUICK! o_o

What, is the dub going to come out about the same time as the Japanese release?

Thing is, that wouldn't really surprise me...

Someone please remind me, how soon did the English titles for the last few movies come out :confused: Because I don't remember them being revealed THIS soon!

Unless, of course, this a mix-up.

Here's the pattern for the last four movies.
Movie 13: Zoroark: Master Of Illusions
English Title revealed: December 2010
Airdate: February 2011

Movie 14: Black and White Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom
English Title revealed: September 2011
Airdate: December 2011

Movie 15: Kyurem Versus The Sword Of Justice
English Title revealed: September 2012
Airdate: December 2012

Movie 16: Genesect And The Legend Awakened
English Title revealed: September 2013
Airdate: October 2013

The biggest gap we've had between a movie's English Title reveal, and the actual premiere, have been no longer than 3 months.

Thank you very much, Teeboy :)
That was very informative.

(And this totally ISN'T a mix up!)

Does this mean the dub will air at the same time it's released in Japan? Maybe even a little before then?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom