• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eon Ticket to be available at Pokémon Leagues in the United States: Available at near

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Eon Ticket to be available at Pokémon Leagues in the United States: Available at nearly 1000 ...

The Eon Ticket, an item which allows Trainers to go to Southern Island in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, will be available at nearly 1000 Play! Pokémon Leagues across the United States. Since Eon Tickets can be shared via StreetPass, the intention is for these players to spread their tickets in this way.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Eon Ticket to be available at Pokémon Leagues in the United States: Available at

Well, this is just the most perfect way to get the Eon Ticket... IF YOU HAVE THE LUXURY OF BEING ABLE TO ACCESS SUCH EVENTS!!! I mean, really? What if you don't live anywhere NEAR potential places for such events? This is just typical of GF. Wi-Fi or even a slagging Gamestop serial code would be LOADS better than this idea! Great... just great. I wasn't able to access the Eon Ticket back in Gen III, and there is a extremely high chance that I won't be able to again. Thanks, GF, you do such a great job for the fans of your games.

Re: Eon Ticket to be available at Pokémon Leagues in the United States: Available at

I live in an area without easy access to these tournaments. Hell, I get maybe one new Streetpass a month if I am lucky. This is most unfortunate. It is a neat idea, spreading the ticket by streetpass, but I sure hope that more methods for obtaining it are established. As it is most people living outside major US cities, and almost all of us Canadians, will be left out in the cold.

If one person in your area attends this event and manages to get a code, there's still a very slim chance you'll streetpass them or streetpass someone who already has. Especially when you're someone that gets 20 or less street passes a month or constantly forget to take your 3DS everywhere you go.

In theory this epidemic style distribution is cute and innovative and all. But the highest odds of running into Ticket Holder Zero or a Ticket infectee are at a con, another large gathering which also costs money, or if you're friends with either of them.

The only reason I got an Eon Ticket back in the day was because Nintendo Power was pretty damn cool back then. This method sounds easier but there's too many complications esp. on this side of the world to--ah, Cute Charm beat me to it.

I have to agree with everyone else that this is a pretty f'ing awful idea. In theory, it's not too different from the GameStop promotions. In practice, not everyone seems to have a nearby Play! Pokemon League, while GameStop is a chain so it isn't too Farfetch'd that you can get one from them. Plus, IIRC, Play! Pokemon is something with the TCG, so...it's entirely possible you need to play the TCG in order to get one.

StreetPass is also a nice idea...in practice. If this was Japan, I could see there not being too many complaints. But America...I don't often get StreetPasses, and nobody else seems to, either (at least, seeing from this thread). The worst bit about StreetPass is this - you need the person to have StreetPass on, Pokemon ORAS Streetpass on, and for them to have the Eon Ticket. If one of those doesn't apply, no Eon Ticket.

Still, it could be worse. They could've given us Europe's method of distribution. ...They honestly seem to be the Butt Monkey of the world.

I'm mostly concerned about this method of distribution because my system very rarely "acknowledges" other systems for some reason. I've gone entire days and streetpassed NO ONE, even if I'm sitting next to a friend who also has a 3DS! When it works, I do average 10-15 passes per day, but I'm afraid that with my luck I would get the chance to ACTUALLY BE IN THE VICINITY OF A TICKET-HOLDER AND not have my system recognize or pass with them. :(

I'll never be able to get this... It only gets you Latios in Alpha Sapphire and Latias in Omega Ruby, right?

If I were one of the Eon Ticket holders, I'd go by every Nintendo Zone I could. Streetpass relay is the way I get 95% of my Streetpasses.

I live on a remote archipelago and get maybe 5 streetpasses a year tops (and they usually have Trade and save! as the greeting).

I hope to heaven high they offer an alternative. I may luck out and be anywhere near one of these (unless the closest one is a considerable distance from my county, which, given my locale, is a posibility) but as it stands, I'm a tad reclusive (and money's tight as all get-out these days), thus streetpass may not be an option...

Maybe I could get a cheap copy of ORAS and lend it with my 2DS to a friend who gets the Eon ticket.

Does anyone know if a 2DS will operate on the charger with the battery removed?

You know if NoA were smart, they would at least have another ORAS/Eon Ticket-special StreetPass Weekend some time in November or December in order to increase people's chances of StreetPassing someone with the Eon Ticket from one of these events.

Actually, if NoA were smart, they would permanently make it so that StreetPass Relays allowed for nationwide StreetPassing, and not make it some "special event" that can only happen every so often.

But I have little-to-no faith in NoA, so just never mind.

I'm holding out hope that they'll do another streetpass weekend after Christmas. Since the 26th is a Friday, it's a prime opportunity to do one and give kids that got ORAS a microscopic chance to get a ticket for their new games as well as the adults stuck in Timbuktu to get one.

This is a pitiful way to give out things. Too bad Game Freak refuses to come to 2014 and use Nintendo's eShop for things like this and Diancle...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another reason why GF hates fans(and why I hate them for being a**es to their fans). On my part at least in not even getting OR or AS cause of the crappy pre orders your getting if your in the US and I never really do that good on those games anyways. Just a watcher from the shadows I guess.

I'm actually apparently luckier than I thought. Despite my distance from major cities, I still have several Play! events nearby somehow. My chances of being able to go, though...

Just remember to check the site for local Leagues (though you probably already did...)

Yeah, fat chance of me ever getting this in northern Canada.

Somebody tell me why Gamefreak forgot that Nintendo systems have Wifi capabilities now?

When you register ORAS on Club Nintendo, make sure to comment about this saying how disappointed you are with their distribution method for the Eon Ticket. idk if it'll help much but we should at least try...

Two things I want to point out on the official ORAS website--

Pokémon said:
If you want an Eon Ticket—the item in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire that will allow you to catch Latias and Latios, respectively—be sure to turn on your Nintendo 3DS family system’s StreetPass function. That’s because the only way you can get the Eon Ticket right now is if it’s passed to you by someone who already has it!
Emphasis added. So it seems like the Eon Ticket may be available through means other than StreetPass in the future. Of course this then leads to questions like how far into the future and what do these other distribution methods look like, but at least we know TPCi is at least thinking of other ways to distribute the Ticket. Also, should this article be updated to reflect that Eon Tickets will also be initially available at the Nintendo World Store until 14 Jan 2015? That opens up the possibilities of getting the ticket more for other people, even if only by a little, so I think it would be worthwhile to mention that somewhere.

Finally, in response to a portion in this Bulbanews article, in case anyone was wondering:
Pokémon said:
Note: You can share your Eon Ticket with others through StreetPass regardless of whether you received it via special code or StreetPass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom