• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eon Ticket to be available for 15 UK fans: Fans to distribute tickets across the coun

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Eon Ticket to be available for 15 UK fans: Fans to distribute tickets across the country

The Pokémon Company International has announced The Great Eon Ticket Relay. 15 fans from cities and towns across the United Kingdom will be selected, then receive their Eon Tickets at a special event held on Nov. 29, 2014. The intention is for these players to spread their tickets via StreetPass.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Eon Ticket to be available for 15 UK fans: Fans to distribute tickets across the

God........ why..... why are they so annoying with this event crap? I hope the US gets it in an easier way. Praying for a GameStop code that hopefully someone would grab for me. (well I'd be praying for a plain wifi distribution like everything should be nowdays but obviously they'd rather do it other ways + ORAS already will have the shiny Beldum running over wifi at the time)

Re: Eon Ticket to be available for 15 UK fans: Fans to distribute tickets across the

I'm still confused on how this Streetpass works. Would someone be so kind as to tell me, please?

I'm still confused on how this Streetpass works. Would someone be so kind as to tell me, please?

It's right here. In summary - your and <other person>'s 3DS exchange data when they are within a few metres of each other (as long as you both have WiFi and StreetPass enabled)

Game Freak really don't know when to quit do they? Common sense implies that countries like USA/Canada/Australia are too large for this to be feasible, so hopefully you won't have to go through this as well.

It's right here. In summary - your and <other person>'s 3DS exchange data when they are within a few metres of each other (as long as you both have WiFi and StreetPass enabled)

Game Freak really don't know when to quit do they? Common sense implies that countries like USA/Canada/Australia are too large for this to be feasible, so hopefully you won't have to go through this as well.

Yeah, hopefully.

Get the Eon Ticket via StreetPass!
StreetPass is the only way to get the Eon Ticket—so keep it turned on!
Some lucky Trainers will be the original Eon Ticket holders, who will kick off sharing the Eon Ticket with others in their area. In the United States, Play! Pokémon League Leaders will be given codes to distribute to participants at nearly a thousand Pokémon League locations.

I'm so mad. No Eon Ticket for me...

Get the Eon Ticket via StreetPass!
StreetPass is the only way to get the Eon Ticket—so keep it turned on!
Some lucky Trainers will be the original Eon Ticket holders, who will kick off sharing the Eon Ticket with others in their area. In the United States, Play! Pokémon League Leaders will be given codes to distribute to participants at nearly a thousand Pokémon League locations.

I'm so mad. No Eon Ticket for me...

You and me both. I live in a remote area, so what are the chances that someone will just happen to have the Eon Ticket and I just happen to have ORAS and Streetpass active? And since there are no event places outside of Gamestops near me, then that leaves me high and dry. Damn you, GF, must you screw us over and over and over again!?

Event Pokemon is one of the worst ideas for anyone not in Japan (and maybe Europe too).

Yeah... this seems like it is just going to end up being a pain for everyone and anyone who wants it.

I wonder if enough fan uproar about being unable to get it would change anything. Like if tons of people would e-mail Pokémon/Nintendo or tweet at them complaining about this method...

I wonder if enough fan uproar about being unable to get it would change anything. Like if tons of people would e-mail Pokémon/Nintendo or tweet at them complaining about this method...

I figure if they haven't clued in and changed their minds about event-specific distributions/streetpass events, or Japan-only distributions yet, they won't change. And they wonder why the games are flooded with hacked mons...

-facepalm-

Hey, anyone else remember Wifi? And Mystery Gift? Those things still exist, right?

I'm more like to get Ebola than the Eon Ticket. What a stupid method of distribution. Ugh.

Oh, yay. I don't live in a densely populated town, and Pokemon tournies NEVER come even close around here. Should I just give up on this right now? Why do we have to jump through hoops to get anything these days??

So I've thought about it, and this distribution is actually more accessible than almost every other offline event. From the initial distribution onward, every single tournament pretty much forever will be a distribution site. It might take a while to get started, but if you go to Pokemon meetups you will probably get it.

Even then, this distribution is not for an event-exclusive species. Not getting this event isn't really missing out on much.

So I've thought about it, and this distribution is actually more accessible than almost every other offline event. From the initial distribution onward, every single tournament pretty much forever will be a distribution site. It might take a while to get started, but if you go to Pokemon meetups you will probably get it.

Not helping people like me who don't live in the right places. (I know we're not their target audience but still annoying. and even these who live in the right countries might still miss out if they won't go to these events/tournaments)

Even then, this distribution is not for an event-exclusive species. Not getting this event isn't really missing out on much.

Who knows, they might make the Soul Dew and/or their mega stones only available through this. And even if not, still feels like I'm missing some game content. I don't know, it's just super annoying they wouldn't give everything over wifi these days when we have this option...

Not helping people like me who don't live in the right places. (I know we're not their target audience but still annoying. and even these who live in the right countries might still miss out if they won't go to these events/tournaments)
You don't have to go frequently. A year from the initial distribution, if you ever go to any Pokemon event at all in a country that was seeded you will probably get it; in two years it would apply to most countries. People who more frequently go to Pokemon events will get it sooner, but if you ever decide to head down to your local TCG league (there's usually a local one, if you look) you could get it eventually. People will miss out, but fewer than almost every other non-Wi-Fi event.

Who knows, they might make the Soul Dew and/or their mega stones only available through this. And even if not, still feels like I'm missing some game content. I don't know, it's just super annoying they wouldn't give everything over wifi these days when we have this option...
Soul Dew probably will be available this way and exclusive, yes. However, the ease with which this event can be shared would make resetting for it fairly easy too, meaning people are more likely to have spares to share online.

You don't have to go frequently. A year from the initial distribution, if you ever go to any Pokemon event at all in a country that was seeded you will probably get it; in two years it would apply to most countries. People who more frequently go to Pokemon events will get it sooner, but if you ever decide to head down to your local TCG league (there's usually a local one, if you look) you could get it eventually. People will miss out, but fewer than almost every other non-Wi-Fi event.

Which is still an answer of "You have to go to an event, which still has a luck factor as to whether you get the Eon Ticket".

Silly distribution. Silly silly silly.

And that's not even considering the possibility that all of the 'winners' live in remote areas and never street pass anyone, killing the distribution on arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom