• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episode 437 title

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
Grovyle VS. Tropius! Grasslands Duel!!

(source PokeAni)

yadda yadda yadda discuss

Well...i'm looking forward to this big time...lol...

as there should be somethign important out of this..either EVOLUTION...or NEW MOVE...

i don't want to get to the evolution...

but the move...hmm..what move could it learn?

There is nothing to suggest that it will be anything but filler besides the fact that the title is similar to that of when Treecko evolved into Grovyle. And after Haunter vs. Kadabra2, that still isn't a guarantee.

FabuVinny said:
There is nothing to suggest that it will be anything but filler besides the fact that the title is similar to that of when Treecko evolved into Grovyle. And after Haunter vs. Kadabra2, that still isn't a guarantee.

All..is tru and tru...lol

but we'll find out like 2 - 4 days before it is airs, or the preview is up..so...let the RUMORS BEGIN :p..Lol

OMFG GROVYLE WILL EVOLV0RZ!!! :O

I say nay, damnabbit. Let Grovyle stay the way it is. He's badass enough. :D

Well it's at a disadvantage with the height and everything and so having a Sceptile and Tropius would realistically be more evenly matched, but whatever I'm just glad to see a good grass match up again since Ash's Grovyle has taken plenty of Pokémon down bigger than it.

I don't care whether or not Sceptile evolves in this episode, so long as it evolves sometime soon. Yay for Tropius! Could be a good battle or a lame filler.

A Grass-type battle? I love Grass vs. Grass battles. And Grovyle has needed one since evolving. They'd better do it justice, though Grovyle doesn't normally disappoint in battling. I don't much care weather it evolves, I just wish to see a great battle. And Possibly a Boss Fantasy involving Tropius' bananas.

Does anyone else think that ash should have a ghost type or even a psychic would be nice

Ash's strategy revolves around standard attacks. Like Tackle, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt etc.

He gets the advantage out of them by using them in a very smart manner.

Psychic attacks and Ghost attacks are not in Ash's range and are in large part why he doesn't have them.

Also, that's completely off topic. :p

I love this ep..and i'm looking forward to it...

but i suggest more of a water vs grass...like Wailord vs. Grovyle...but probably Grovyle gets killed inthe battle ;D

but...i'd say if it was Sceptile...

n/eway bakc to topic...hmm....

wonder who the trainer is....as it is said that Sceptile has the power to jump...high using like poles or trees...to high height...

and that'd be good against a flying tropius :D

Ben's Thoughts

Grovyle does learn one move that may be useful in this battle - the bug-type Fury Cutter (although, I suppose that Tropius being part flying-type will reduce its effectiveness somewhat). Because of this, we may have a new move showcased in this episode. However, I think that it is more likely that it is just going to be a introduce-the-Pokémon filler episode about Tropius.

Still, it will be interesting to see how the animé portrays this species.

Slightly off-topic but I predict if Grovyle ever evolves into a Sceptile, I'll bet that it will be associated somehow with it learning Dragon Claw. It is one of those moves that can only be learnt by the ultimate evo, none of its pre-evo forms.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom