• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episode 448 title

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
That's the number we're on, right? Anyways, on April 20th...

Sudowoodo! Gold Legend!?

Sudowoodo...

I'm not going to predict a Bonsly evolution since that would just be silly, but I'm sure Bonsly will have some involvement with this. I wouldn't be suprised if we even got a bit of BrockwoodoShipping either.

Gold Legend? My first thought is Ho-oh, but I doubt it. The Sudowoodo is probably just a disc jokey or something. So just another filler.

Noooooooooo! I hope to pokemon god that they don't make bonsly evolve at least not yet :bawling: . But then again I can see a very whitty sudowoodo. If it's not about brock's bonsly this might just be another one of those episodes where they help somone who's been searching for years to clear up some mystery finding something the person or peopls couldn't have done without the assitance of out heroes.

Bonsly won't evolve, it's just a D/P advertisment. Same reason Manene and Munchlax won't evolve either.

Let's hope this doesn't happen again:

Chatsy said:
Oh my god o_O
Sudowoodo
+
Brock
sudowoodo.gif

=
029.jpg

Now I'm disturbed.

And this one:

dee0c0bc.gif

Bonsly will be scarred for life...

Why would they get rid of something that is doing such a good job creating hype for Diamond and Pearl? I think a Sudowoodo would suit Brock but Bonsly won't be evolving over the next couple of years. This is the scanario I can see:

Guy: Hey, you guys have a Bonsly? That's cool. Hey, then I have something to show you. Look, it's a Sudowoodo. Isn't that exciting? But Sudowoodo is sad because it can't be a gold legend.
Team Rocket: Let's steal that Sudowoodo!
Ash: Oh no, Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!
Team Rocket: We're blasting off again!
Sudowoodo: *Is happy now*

"9 months ago, this young man licked a Sudowoodo, now his life is down the drain, taking care of a young Bonsly. Always use protection."

Hmm It would be cool to see a golden Sudowoodo, and blah blah blah, but chances are this is a normal filler, although the Battle Frontier fillers have proven to be really good.

Oooh, Sudowoodo. The title is a little hard to predict, in the same way that the Red Inazuma one was until we had a summary - though I admit my mind snapped to the shiny Sudowoodo at first, so that's probably the safest guess - but I just hope this will be a good filler. This should definitely have Bonsly involved, and probably will have Brock involved likewise, so I bet I'm going to love it. Especially since the Battle Frontier fillers have mostly been great so far. ^^

If this is another Brock-centric episode, how many spotlight episodes has he had in the BF saga?

Is it just the Bonsly capture ep, co-starring that Contest ep with May, and possibly this one?

Scott85 said:
If this is another Brock-centric episode, how many spotlight episodes has he had in the BF saga?

Is it just the Bonsly capture ep, co-starring that Contest ep with May, and possibly this one?

Just those 2 with this being a possible 3rd.

Bonsly will NOT evolve... maybe someday after D/P sinks in and becomes big enough for it not to need an advertisement.

However... we may learn how a Bonsly evolves, if it's by any special way at all. Doubt it's anything fancy, if anything probably happiness since it's a baby.

~Zak

I'm gonna guess bonsly either evolves based on the trainer's love for it (like most baby pokemon) or normal level up way probably lv25. If it's not one of those two i'll be peasantly surprised.

Scott85 said:
I hope you aren't complaining. :p The writers are pushing Brock out of the background so that they can show off Bonsly. It's so good like that.

Antimatter said:
Bonsly will NOT evolve... maybe someday after D/P sinks in and becomes big enough for it not to need an advertisement.
We know. I even said that in the first reply to this thread.

Antimatter said:
However... we may learn how a Bonsly evolves, if it's by any special way at all. Doubt it's anything fancy, if anything probably happiness since it's a baby.
I doubt it. It sounds like it will be a Sudowoodo from the beginning of the episode. (Unless the Gold Legend is linked to how Bonsly evolve.) We got a Sneasel/Mr. Mime episode earlier in Battle Fontier, so I'm guessing this will the same; a filler that reminds the viewer that the new Pokémon already have forms in the current generation.

FabuVinny said:
I hope you aren't complaining. :p The writers are pushing Brock out of the background so that they can show off Bonsly. It's so good like that.

I'm not. :p It's good that Brock is getting spotlight (of course, only thanks to a blatant D/P advertisement), but now poor Max is barely getting anything.

Max hasn't even had an episode this saga yet has he? Aside from the Mt. Moon episode where he co-starred it with Misty, he's been in the background too.

I guess with the quicker pace this saga is going they barely have time to focus on anything else but Ash and May's quests.

The problem with Max is that they're pretty much DONE all the angles they can cover with him now.

"Oh look, there's a Pokemon - let's learn about it/make it evolves/save it"

Until he actually CATCHES one of the bloody things there's nothing they can do with him other than simply repeat what they've already done with another Pokemon. (Which isn't that unimaginable unfortunately)

James catches a new Pokemon, get's the spotlight in TR. Brock catches Bonsly - gets himself some spotlight (albiet very infrequent until these 2 - assuming this is a Brock-centric). It's pretty clear that Max's character is more or less stuck in the background until he actually gets himself a Pokemon and starts getting involved in the action.

If Max gets a D/P Pokémon then he will get pushed out of the background. But that relies on him getting his first Pokémon and since that can't happen at the moment he's stuck. If there is a new feature in D/P that can be implemented in the anime, he might do that. Or maybe the next series will drop Ash and have Max do Gyms while travelling with May. Or maybe not...

Brock now gets spotlight in episodes that aren't even about him. Lucy's episode is a good example as it is rare for a character to do much other than cheer during a <s>Gym</s> Facility battle. I can't recall anything to that extent other than the Rudy episode. Then again, the Breeding Center episode was a May episode so let's not assume too much at this stage.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom