• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episode Predictions

I wrote a big thing for a Meowth episode awhile back but I’m not gonna do that again, I’m just gonna list some ideas I’d like to see. I’m not gonna really put them into order since they could easily be spread pretty much anywhere.

• Sᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀʙ!: Ash and Go (Koharu as well, if she ever joins them) continue their research of Pokémon by spending the whole day at Prof. Oak’s Laboratory. While the two of them are there, Ash introduces Go to all of his Pokémon. Go is shocked by all of Ash’s Pokémon, showing interest in all of them. They spend the whole episode showing unique scenarios and combinations of Ash’s Pokémon, showing off their personalities. No threats or anything, just a celebration of all of Ash’s Pokémon.
  • Lᴇᴛ’s Gᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴀғᴀʀɪ Zᴏɴᴇ: Go continues his quest to capture them all by going to the Safari Zone! With only 30 Poké Balls and not being allowed to battle, Go has to be careful not to waste as many as he can! Using clever tricks and strategies, Go hopes to catch all the unique Pokemon from the Safari Zone as he can!
  • Sɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢs ᴀᴛ Cᴀɴᴀʟᴀᴠᴇ Cɪᴛʏ: Ash and Go find themselves at Canalave City after following reports of Manaphy sightings at the city! With Ash hoping to battle one and Go hoping to catch one, they start their search! After searching for hours, Ash and Go head to the harbor after no signs of it on land. Ash gasps as he sees someone sitting there, fishing. It turns out to be Lana, who had also come in hopes of continuing her quest to find Manaphy. Ash introduces her to Go and they’re all having a great time, when they suddenly see something speed by in the distance. Hoping for it to be Manaphy, they follow behind it on Lana’s Lapras. They don’t realize it, but they’re being followed by Team Rocket, who wish to steal the Mythical. Ash and co. follow it to an island and discover it with a group of baby Phione! Manaphy can tell they mean no harm, but Team Rocket manages to capture Manaphy and her Phione, along with Ash and Go! Lana must fight them off with Primarina and Sandy and save everyone!
  • Rᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Oᴘᴇʟᴜᴄᴄɪᴅ Cɪᴛʏ Gʏᴍ: Ash, hoping to increase his PWC ranking by challenging a tough opponent. While researching opponents, he reads that the Gym Leader of Opelucid City was taking challengers, and that they were tough! Ash remembers the gym leader being Drayden and how strong he was, which pumps him up! Ash and Go decide to go to Unova to challenge him! When they arrive and enter the gym, the spotlights shine down on... Iris! Both Ash and Iris are shocked to see each other! Ash learns that after training with Clair, she continued her journey until she arrived back at Opelucid, where Drayden had temporarily assigned her as Gym Leader! Using the opportunity, Iris used her new title to attract PWC members to quickly raise her rank! Ash and Iris decide to have a 3v3 match (Including an evolved Gabite from the Gible she caught in her extra episode), where Ash has the opportunity to boost his rank and earn one of the Unova badges he missed out on!
  • Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ Uɴᴏᴡɴ! A Mᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ Iʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴs!: Ash and Go are back in the Johto region to investigate the mysterious Ruins of Alph! Before long, Ash and Go are tricked by an illusion of Mew that leads them into a fantasy world! Eventually, Ash and Go are split up and must face illusions of their fears and reaffirm their beliefs before breaking out and defeating the Unown that are tricking them in a raid battle against hundreds of Unown!
  • Rᴀʙᴏᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Cɪɴᴅᴇʀᴀᴄᴇ! Eᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Pʏʀᴏ Bᴀʟʟ!: Go decides to take Ash back to the Galar Region after managing to score tickets to a football/soccer ball game where his favorite team, the Wyndon City Cinderace, are playing against the Spikemuth Town Obstagoon! The Wyndon City Cinderace win with the star player’s (Let’s just call him Ken for now) Cinderace uses his Pyro Ball to score the final point! Go and Raboot are star-struck! After the game, Raboot attempts to use Pyro Ball but he can’t get it right. Go decides that he and Raboot will have to go to Ken and his Cinderace directly! Using Sobble’s invisibility (or Drizzile if it’s evolved), it sneaks in and lets the group into the back of the stadium! They find the locker room and look inside, and Ken and his Cinderace are there! Go and Raboot introduce themselves to the two of them, who are both very confused. When Go asks if he can help Raboot learn Pyro Ball, Ken is doubtful due to Pyro Ball being a move only Cinderace can learn, but decides to help due to Go and Raboot’s determination! Using the field as their arena, Ken and Cinderace show Go and Raboot techniques on how to get faster and gain more internal heat. They train all night, and Raboot’s ember is getting stronger. Ken invites Go and Raboot to join their next game tomorrow night! The next day, Go and Raboot are doing their best to play, but the team is losing. Time is running out and it’s all down to Raboot. Using all of his energy, Raboot runs as fast he can, leaving tracks of fire wherever he goes, and kicks the ball as hard as he can, bursting into a huge ball of fire, mastering Pyro Ball and winning the game!

Last edited:
I've noticed somewhat of a pattern for Ash's captures since the first one in the series, and they appeared to be spaced out quite evenly without it feeling rushed. And no, Mimey didn't count since it's an asspull and was caught prior to the series.

JN010 - Dragonite
6 episodes.
JN016 - Gengar
5 episodes.
JN021 - Riolu
6 episodes.
JN027 - Galarfetch'd

If we go by this pattern of 6 episodes or so then we can expect the next Ash capture to be in episode 33 or 34... hopefully.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this thread. Love because there are so many cool ideas, hate because the actual anime rarely ever executes them, lol.

JN042: Ash and Goh travel to Wyndon to have their Pokémon participate in the weightlifting and canoeing events of the latest edition of the PokélympicsThe Olympics of the Pokémon world.

I was also hoping for an Olympics-esque episode at some point since Tokyo was supposed to host the Olympics this year! I know it got pushed back, but I'd still love to see a Pokemon take on it, even if it doesn't end up matching time wise.

Rᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Oᴘᴇʟᴜᴄᴄɪᴅ Cɪᴛʏ Gʏᴍ: Ash, hoping to increase his PWC ranking by challenging a tough opponent. While researching opponents, he reads that the Gym Leader of Opelucid City was taking challengers, and that they were tough! Ash remembers the gym leader being Drayden and how strong he was, which pumps him up! Ash and Go decide to go to Unova to challenge him! When they arrive and enter the gym, the spotlights shine down on... Iris! Both Ash and Iris are shocked to see each other! Ash learns that after training with Clair, she continued her journey until she arrived back at Opelucid, where Drayden had temporarily assigned her as Gym Leader! Using the opportunity, Iris used her new title to attract PWC members to quickly raise her rank! Ash and Iris decide to have a 3v3 match (Including an evolved Gabite from the Gible she caught in her extra episode), where Ash has the opportunity to boost his rank and earn one of the Unova badges he missed out on!

I didn't know I needed an episode like this until right now; this would be sooo good.

How about a sleepover with Koharu? Ash and Gou want to raise her confidence and Ash knows a goal isnt easy to find. So Ash decides to invite some previous pokegirls to explain how they found their dream, have some fun

I think a good way for Koharu to interact with Pokemon more would be to go to some fun Pokemon-related event with Ash and Goh. Maybe a festival of some sorts nearby Vermillion City? She'd have greater reason to go with them somewhere for something like that rather than the "go catch Pokemon" offer Ash threw at her in JN017.

An episode about Koharu trying to discover her passion and hobbies, could teach us people of the quarantine to do something productive ,maybe one of her friends is good at football or anything not pokemon related in this not-purely pokemon school,or maybe just :
Koharu:"Mom, I want to learn how to draw like you!"
Talia:"ehh, there should an art club in your school or somethinh aight?"
1-Koharu:"Pfft it's an anime, if I want to be an artist I'm just born with the talent, time to look around for something to draw"
2-Koharu:"K, time for a slice of life kinda realistic episode that works perfectly with this series if I'm the main character!!"
Maybe something like the orienteering episode that actually matters where she travels around the city and takes goddoggo with her, gets attacked by persian and raticate, yamper OHKOs it, and now let's draw the dead, and other random stuff happens that make her closer to yamper and the end is her drawing yamper sitting on the bay under the sunset, is this Aya Matsui enough?

Also I can't help but wish that pidove will reappear and be nicknamed Ari ,and maybe evolve so that it won't be legal for it to compete in the race(just kidding,kinda), what if it evolves in these...ring sky competitions? Whatever that Ash's early bird magical evolving machine, what if Ash's secret capture is rookidee since it's absent from the merch?(once again, I'm kinda kidding)

That's what hops in my mind when walking back and forth, please don't tell me I'm the only one who uses the power of walking back and forth the same way Shudo uses booze...

Episode 33:
When glory and prospect collide!

Goh tells Ash that he wants to know more about him, since he's his best friend. Ash says is not very good with words and decides to go to Pallet Town.
Then, Ash shows Go, all his trophies and gym badges. Go is very impressed on how Ash could win all that with just Pikachu. Ash smiles.
Ash calls Prof. Oak and they go visit the ranch. When they arrive there Go is so surprised with how many pokémon live there. He sees the herd of Tauros and says to Ash that not even him would catch that many and the trainer that did it might be a little bit crazy. Ash laughs and starts running in direction of the herd. When Tauros see him, they all run towards him. Before meeting him, they gently stop, and start rubbing their heads against him. Go asks how Ash did it. Ash then says, I'm their trainer and they're all my friends. Before Go can even answer, we see a big shadow approaching, the shadow belongs to sceptile. And with him more pokémon start arriving to meet Ash. Ash calls Kukui so that everyone can meet everyone. And we all get a 2 episode arc of them just hanging out, and training.
In the following episodes whenever Ash calls a reserve they stay at the lab. Torkoal will be the first to be called, because it's the only one that understands sobble and its crying.
Later we also get an episode where they go in search of Primeape!!

-a good long double or a tripple battle anyone??? we had those not much since Alola.

Last edited:
I've noticed somewhat of a pattern for Ash's captures since the first one in the series, and they appeared to be spaced out quite evenly without it feeling rushed. And no, Mimey didn't count since it's an asspull and was caught prior to the series.

JN010 - Dragonite
6 episodes.
JN016 - Gengar
5 episodes.
JN021 - Riolu
6 episodes.
JN027 - Galarfetch'd

If we go by this pattern of 6 episodes or so then we can expect the next Ash capture to be in episode 33 or 34... hopefully.

There seems to be a pattern of 9 episodes with Koharu too.

JN 11 Current story and development with Yamper
JN 20 Getting interested in Pokemon alongside Go and his brother.
JN 29 Backstory and character development.

How about a sleepover with Koharu? Ash and Gou want to raise her confidence and Ash knows a goal isnt easy to find. So Ash decides to invite some previous pokegirls to explain how they found their dream, have some fun

I have long dreamed of an episode where all the past female companions meet and become the greatest girl gang of all time (I absolutely hate the "there would be so much drama between them" trope that you see brought up all the time) so this episode sounds AMAZING.

I think shippers will get meltdown when this happens, especially if Lillie confesses her love for Ash, which she already wanted to do at the end of Sun and Moon.

JN010 - Dragonite
6 episodes.
JN016 - Gengar
5 episodes.
JN021 - Riolu
6 episodes.
JN027 - Galarfetch'd

33 and 34 are the trade episode and the Bea episode.

My predictions (2/3):
  • JN047: Ash, Goh, and Hilda travel to Turffield, where they meet Mikey
    An old character of the day from back in the days when the original series aired. I guess he could appear again in JN047 and become a supporting character, considering the amount of past characters that have appeared in Journeys so far...
    , a person who reveals that his Eevee evolved into a Sylveon off-screen, that he moved to Turffield two years earlier, that it's been 8 years since Ash last met him, and that he's 17 now.
  • JN048: Still in Turffield, Ash, Goh, and Hilda watch a Gym Challenge at the Turffield Stadium where Mikey battles against the Turffield Gym Leader Milo, the result being the former winning the battle and receiving the Grass Badge.
  • JN049: Ash, Goh, and Hilda travel to Goldenrod City, where they spend the day at the Goldenrod Sky Building
    The Umeda Sky Building of the Pokémon world.
    and decide to sleep at the nearby Imperial Rose Hotel
    The Pokémon world's version of the Westin hotel in Osaka.
    for the night.
  • JN050: Still staying at the Imperial Rose Hotel in Goldenrod City, Ash, Goh, and Hilda decide to take a tour of the nearby Ecruteak City, where they discover the remains of a burnt-down movie studio that once belonged to Pokéstar Studios and stood for 24 years before getting burnt down into debris by an arsonist a year ago, et cetera.

Last edited:
All this will no doubt be a massive pipe-dream and even border on being pure fan-fiction but just an idea for a villain arc for near the end of the show placing a big emphasis on TR, Ash and the whole "every region" style the show has been doing.

Part 1 - All Out Assault! Crisis Commence!

After Ash and Pikachu surprises everyone all over the world by defeating the unbeatable Leon and his Charizard, the stadium finds itself under attack by Team Rocket (including Matori) complete with a sinister message by Giovanni where he states that the whole of Galar and every region is about to fall under the merciless hands of TR. Ash, recognizing Giovanni and Matori (remembering the last time he saw him back in Unova and Matori in Sinnoh) springs into action to try and stop them with Gou also helping out. Sakuragi, Koharu, Ren, Kikuna (who have come to watch and cheer Ash on) Chairman Rose (not sure if we'll see him turn a new leaf like with Lusamine), Oleana, Leon and many of Ash's companions (except for May because of her Japanese VA so poor May) who have also made it there to watch also find themselves caught in the crossfire.

Jessie, James and Meowth (who are also watching Ash) are surprised and somewhat furious over this so they also head out to find why they're causing this. Giovanni, Matori and the grunts would arrive before Ash and Leon's battle the same way Team Flare did before Ash vs Alain.

Last edited:
Here are mine!

JN036: "A LaRoussing Battle, Part 1" Ash and Goh returns to the Hoenn region and they all go to LaRousse City. Ash seems to remember this place. They walk straight towards a Cacturne which belongs to Sidney himself. Ash is excited that he encountered the 2nd of Hoenn's Elite four and also the TRio are planning to take every single one of the Pokemon of LaRousse City. Ash, Goh, and Sidney all go to the lab where Ash met a familiar face which he hasn't seen in a long time. Tory seeing Ash again, Tory gets to introduced to Goh. The gang all approched to see Sid, Rafe, and Rebecca which Ash also hasn't seen for a long time. However, Rafe now has a Blazikenite and Sid now has a Blastoisinite. They now can mega-evolve. They get to battle Ash and Goh. However, thier pokemon gets captured by the TRio. They used their Prize Master and they send out Typhlosion and Kadabra. And so it's a showdown.

JN037: "A LaRoussing Battle, Part 2" So, that episode takes place where the previous episode left off. Ash, Goh, Sidney, Sid, Rafe, and Tory are battling the TRio. Tory revealed that he now owns a Porygon since he's a trainer now and they kept battling until the captured Pokemon are freed. Pikachu uses thunderbolt and the TRio has been flung to the sky. And after that Ash, Rafe, Sid, and Goh resumed the battle where they left off. And so Sid and Rafe gets defeated and Ash and Goh has won.

JN038: "Tides of a path" That episode focuses on Chole. Also Matori and her army returns, Chloe cuts her own hair inorder to escape, Yamper evolves into Boltund, she now turns over a new leaf, and she now became a research partner with Ash and Goh.

JN039: Ash, Goh, and Chloe returns to the Unova region, they met Shauntal, Marshal, and Grimesly, Ash gets Tirtouga,

JN040: Ash meets with Gary in the Sinnoh Region after a very long time, Gary revealed that he caught a Cryoganal, Bouffalant, Pyroar, Tyrantrum, Dhelmise, Toxapex, Palossand, Stonjourner, an Alolan Raticate, and a Galarian Weezing offscreen and he shows them all, Goh and Chloe meets Gary, Goh gets an Eevee and Porygon, and also a Hoopa cameo at the end of the episode.

Last edited:
Catching Pokémon That Can Mega Evolved!
Features with Ash that will catches Salamence, Tyranitar, Aggron, Alakazam, Steelix, Banette, Aerodactyl, Absol, Houndoom, Camerupt, Metagross and Sharpedo!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom