• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

Any Episode with Purrloin and few other appearances it is in they have been god awful especially it's Debut Episode.

Climbing the Tower of Success!

The only thing that saved this pile was Stephan. Seriously, the entire episode was outright terrible. And do not get me started on Ricky--he is the only CotD that I have ever wanted to see die in a fire.

Basically every episode after Advance Generation. There were a couple of episodes I could tolerate, but they were few and far between (with heavy emphasis on "few and far").

Basically every episode after Advance Generation. There were a couple of episodes I could tolerate, but they were few and far between (with heavy emphasis on "few and far").

I really feel things started going downhill fast after AG myself. XD.

Well, actually after Misty left the show didn't feel as awesome and it went a bit downhill in my eyes (so beginning with post-OS), then the VA change in the dub 3/4 of the way into AG, which pretty much messed up all the main characters' English voices for me, and then after BF, the writing seemed to get repetitive and redundant with most episodes being rehashes of former ones with only a few exceptions (e.g. Hunter J, Paul v. Ash, Don Battles, etc.).

Still I watch this show, just in the hopes it will end one day.

I Can't stand the Prima one because that was just such a Bad Episode and had really No Funny Parts in that Episode at all.

Try for the Family Stone is probably the worst and most forgettable episode I've ever watched. Promoting Healthy Tangrowth was also a bad one. I also dislike a few DP fillers and lot of BW episodes, but there are too many to even make a list.

The AG Episode where Ash and May Fight with each other sometimes I can't stand these Episodes but this a really Bad One Here.

The dunsparce deception (found the kids annoying), Xatu the future and that pidgy delivery service episode in johto.

The first 22 episodes of best wishes before the aborted TR vs TP special bored me to death. I sorta liked the show after the castilia battles except for the unova league, and most of the tournament episodes.

Last edited:
Any episode where Ash is getting unfairly criticized by other characters. Sure, he has a lot of stupid moments, but when something happens that's out of his control and he still gets blamed, it's infuriating. But the two that come most to mind are:

Challenge Of The Samurai: I think just about everyone in the show was much too tough on Ash during the first five episodes, but this was especially bad. At one point, Ash is attempting to capture a Weedle, when the samurai of the episode's title asks him for a battle. Ash asks him to wait until he's caught the Weedle first, but the samurai ignores that and tries to attack Ash with a sword, causing the Weedle to run off. After that, the two begin the battle, which is later interrupted by a swarm of Beedrill, which were called over by the Weedle Ash tried to capture. After escaping, the samurai blames Ash for this happening, because he "can't finish what he started", even though the only reason that happened was because the samurai impatiently attacked him! Just... ARGH!

Ash and Trip's Third Battle: For me, this episode is Iris and Trip (my two least favourite characters in the show's history) at their worst, and without Cilan around during the battle, they are the only people Ash has to interact with. Not my idea of fun. The only thing that would have made it worse is if Trip won the battle, but luckily, it ended in a draw.

All the TR breakup episodes in DP, especially For The Love of Meowth (dub, original AND dub in the case of Noodles)
The Junior Cup (both)
The Fires of a Red Hot Reunion (dub, everyone (that is, who had a prior 4kids voice) sucked that episode)
The Unova League (both)
Soon to be Professor Oak and Rotom (dub)
A Faux Oak Finish (both, but especially dub. Catchart is AWFUL here.)
The Bicker The Better (both, I say both even though I didn't see the original because I didn't like it as a whole)
Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys (both)

I Can't stand the Prima one because that was just such a Bad Episode and had really No Funny Parts in that Episode at all.

I can't stand that episode either, but only because the dub messed up and gave Lorelei a different name.

Anyways I really can't stand TR break-up episodes because they're all the same: The trio members fight among themselves, split up, and then reunite after 22 minutes. It's so repetitive and predictable and they do it at least once a saga. I'm not here for those episodes at all.

Most of DP, dubbed. Dear god, where do I begin? Brock being pointless all the time, relegated to the sidelines almost every episode, his awful dub voice that makes him sound about 25 years older than he actually is, Team Rocket's alliteration and assonance show as presented by Jimmy Zoppi (aka James Carter Cathcart aka Billy Beach aka "I like alliterations you can tell kiddos") who's "in your ear" non-stop (literally), Piplup's incessant and annoying whining, Ash's deep, chain-smoker voice. Oh god, what a nightmare! Someone turn it off, please! I can't sit through this anymore! T_T

Add to this Ash's brilliant dialogue as written by the great masters, such as "Nathaniel reminds me of me!" or "Whoa, she's holding a...*pause for dramatic effect*...Pokeball!"

I'm sorry to those who loved DP dubbed, but I just hated it, personally. Not watching that saga again...painful experience for me.

Last edited:
I honestly enjoyed (or at least tolerated) most the filler episodes in Johto, but a few of them were unbearably dull.

For instance, "The Whistle Stop". The plot was really boring and predictable, the character of the day (whose name I can't recall, which goes to show just how unmemorable she was) wasn't interesting or even likeable (not to mention she had an extremely ugly hairdo). Literally the only redeeming things in that episode were Brock's Pokedex imitation upon seeing the CoD and the part where James got swallowed by Victreebel (and that was only because Eric Stuart supposedly put some kind of backwards message in there).

I can't name any pacifically but here is a stream list:

-TR episodes that have nothing to do with anything but being staying themselves.

-Fights with the main girl episodes.

-Pikachu-we-already-know-it-won't-evolve and Pikachu "will always be my best friend" episodes.

-Flashbacks that take up 50% of the episodes.

-Lab episodes. This includes seeing starters even before Ash gets them all.

-And pokemon bonding episodes. I understand they are necessary but I rather not waist my time.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom