• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

Pokemon Food Fight :mad: I can't stand even hearing its title!

Also:
So Near, Yet so Farfetch'd
The March of the Exeggutor Squad
It's Mr. Mime Time
Bye Bye Psyduck
The Stun Spore Detour
Just Waiting on a Friend
Hocus Pokemon
Will the Real Oak Please Stand up?
In the Knicker of Time

Those are only the episodes whose titles I can remember. There are several in the Johto and Hoenn sagas that I dislike, but I can't remember, I haven't seen Sinnoh episodes enough to know, and I've never seen Best Wishes

A couple of BF fillers were pretty bad:

- Giant Caterpie episode. (Probably the worst giant pokemon episode, awful animation, we didn't need to see the Butterfree line again)
- Three Jynx and a Baby (Really pointless filler about Jynx rampaging city because of a Smoochum)
- Chatot ep, (Dogasu covered it, but it was a failed attempt at comedy)
- The lake ep with the Vaporen (Another really dull episode that wasted a Dragonair appearance)

The Bells are Singing! was absolutely abysmal. It was basically the Exeggcutor episode and the Chatot episode put together to make one of the worst episodes ever. Strategy Tommorow- Comedy Tonight! was a terrible episode, and was a terrible attempt by both the original writers and TPCi to make a funny episode. I also can't stand Clamperl of Wisdom, The Relicanth Really Can, and The Evolutionary War!, because they were all based around an undebuted Gen III Water type. That's not why I hate them though; I hate them because I saw them hundreds of times when Advanced Battle was being aired in the UK.

Any of the episodes with Pokemon contests mainly this is my problem with pokemon dp.I never liked pokemon contest in the anime.

That PokeRinger match between Paul and Ash. I still say Honchkrow should have won. Staravia was down for the count and then it musters up the strength to evolve and whoop Honchkrow without even trying. That annoyed me, so much.

Last edited:
The Trubbish episode. It wasn't boring, but I'm not too fond of certain...decisions made in that episode & how those decisions were portrayed. It's all said already in the review thread so I won't go any further on that.

most contest episodes focused on may. and anything with too much embarrassment humor like the one where Harley dresses up as may. The first Harley episode I'm cool with though.

You can't stand watching good episodes? Majority of those episodes were very entertaining. Certainly more entertaining than 85% of Johto.

"The Joy of water pokemon" was fairly bad. A Nurse Joy who has a fear of water pokemon?

"The Trouble With Snubbull" is the first episode that comes to mind for me. A dull and contrived conclusion to a dull and contrived ongoing arc (yeah, I'm not sure how you make an arc involving a rebellious pink dog with a kinky little fetish dull either, but by jove they succeeded).

Seriously, I never really bought that Granbull would suddenly be all loyal and affectionate toward an owner she quite blatantly despised, just because the two of them exchanged glances for a couple of seconds, but whatever.

Last edited:
I strongly dislike the one with Spiritomb in DP, so boring! And such a filler episode. A terrible portration of Spiritomb.

Here's another Johto stinker:

"Whichever way the wind blows"

Really lackluster episode about a group of Gloom wanting to evolve into Bellossom instead of Vileplume and vice versa. Why oh why did Johto make eps about old Kanto Pokemon? Bellossom already got a filler at the start of Johto too.

The Remoraid and Smeargle fillers I remember being awful too.

Goodness, I can write an entire essay on how bad a large chunk of the Johto fillers were. These eps had no action, no memorable character interaction, no interesting twists at all.

Really lackluster episode about a group of Gloom wanting to evolve into Bellossom instead of Vileplume and vice versa. Why oh why did Johto make eps about old Kanto Pokemon? Bellossom already got a filler at the start of Johto too.
That episode may have been boring, but there was nothing wrong with showcasing Vileplume; the first Bellossom episode had failed to acknowledge Bellossom's connection to the Oddish family, so quite a few viewers had no idea that it evolved from Gloom via the hard-to-find Sun Stone. As for Vileplume, it had never been properly showcased prior to that episode. Also, are you honestly complaining about a Generation II Pokémon being featured twice in the same series? You are aware that there were 157 episodes and only 100 new Pokémon, right?

Last edited:
That episode may have been boring, but there was nothing wrong with showcasing Vileplume; the first Bellossom episode had failed to acknowledge Bellossom's connection to the Oddish family, so quite a few viewers had no idea that it evolved from Gloom via the hard-to-find Sun Stone. As for Vileplume, it had never been properly showcased prior to that episode. Also, are you honestly complaining about a Generation II Pokémon being featured twice in the same series? You are aware that there were 157 episodes and only 100 new Pokémon, right?

You are aware that some johto pokemon didn't even get a debut in Johto (outside the movies), because Johto was so messed up?

The fact that Typlosion, a starter of all Pokemon, did not get a single appearance in a Johto episode is beyond absurd. It appeared in the Raikou special but never an episode. We didn't get to see a Typlosion in an episode until we got to Flannery's Gym in Hoenn, how messed up is that?

Pretty much anything that could possibly go wrong with the anime all went wrong in Johto. It was almost as if the majority of eps that saga were written in such a way to either be dumbed down for young children or piss off the Kanto/Orange fans as much as possible.

Johto didn't get good until "Master Quest" and even then it was only the last 60 or so eps of the saga.

"The Stolen Stones," another Johto filler about Arcanine, a Gen 1 pokemon, is more proof of this.

Whereas the Vileplume/Bellossom isn't proof of this in any shape or form. Is that so hard to acknowledge?

We already knew Bellossom evolved from Gloom. And either way I don't see why they couldn't bring this up in the first Bellossom filler, which also was fairly mediocre itself. That ep was about a girl teaching Bellossom dance routines.

I think the problem with most Johto fillers is they were about the uninteresting one-dimensional COTD's rather than the Pokemon or battles. There was hardly any action in Johto, a case proven by how little development Ash's Johto starters got.

If you use that logic, then every episode that has anything to do with evolution is a waste of time.

The others were either done better and more enjoyable eps overall. The classic Slowpoke/Slowbro ep from Kanto was hilarious.

The Gloom/Vileplume filler in Johto was not. Case in point, the Clamperl/Huntail/Gorbyss filler from Hoenn was just as bad.

Case in point, the problem with the episode wasn't Vileplume's presence.

Bellossom already debuted in an episode 100 eps prior, so there was nothing new in the episode. The ep itself was a total bore anyway.

Any episodes with the majority of Piplup gets on my nerves. :sorry penguin fans:

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom