• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

Episodes I can't stand are the ones where the BW rivals are included but they either do nothing useful or there is one of them missing. Also any episode Trip loses and leaves.

Let's see... What episodes come to mind that drive me to insanity?

Well, most of Johto comes to mind, though I can't remember any specific episodes (you couldn't PAY me to re-watch Johto and Kanto again). But pretty much all of Johto as several Kanto episodes were unbearable (especially nowadays).

In AG... it seemed the most together and fairly well-laid out at times. However, "In the Knicker of Time" and "Zig Zag Zangoose" were lousy and pointless, especially with the shorts-obsessed kid. "Love at First Fight" was very tough to endure, "Maxxed Out" seemed pointless, "Judgement Day" was boring, but that's about all that come to mind in AG.

Moving on to DP... Anything with Piplup as center stage was tough to deal with. He REALLY got annoying after a while, plus his "development" was short and sparse. Anything with Hunter J also rubbed me the wrong way as well, since she was so intolerably evil and cruel (glad she met her doom). "Bibarel Knaws Best", "Luxray Vision", "Nosing 'Round the Mountain", "Sleight of Sand", the summer school arc, and anything with Kenny was unbearable and pointless. That's about all that comes to mind right now.

BW... good god... what a nightmare!!! Iris alone was too much to take, and anything, ANYTHING, where she was center stage made me want to hurl. I stopped watching the whole BW series mainly because of her and her "You're such a kid!" lines. Talk about irony at its best. On top of that, her catching a DRAGONITE was the final straw. But pretty much the whole BW series was a waste of my time. I hold no regrets not watching BW at all. A total disaster at best, though "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad", "Club Battle Finale: A Hero's Outcome!", "Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!", and the Junior Cup arc are probably some of the bigger highlights (with the slight exception of Krookodile beating Dragonite and Iris crying like the little kid she is). But, above all, any episode with Iris as the star was simply, utterly, and completely the pits.

That about covers it. Better stop now before I really go off (not that I sorta haven't, but I could still rant off some more, but better stop while I can).

Hunter J should have done more IMO. Like actually steal a cotd's pokemon in front of ashs face and getting away with it while ash leaves her ship headfirst in a straightjacket.

I also get bored and can't stand anything with max in it. People may think piplup is bad but max is way way worse.

fhat any episode that boring and pointless. Also all the episodes focused on Misty.

Many filler episodes, mainly in Johto and Sinnoh. Actually, Orange Islands had the two most boring episodes ever - the one with the Raichu zapping his trainer and the one with the Magikarp researcher. Ewww. Also, there was one episode in Sinnoh where a guy with a Snorlax tried to prove that the best way to train Pokemon is through science. Ash tried to prove him wrong and they both took part in a Poke-athlon. That Snorlax guy beat Ash no problem, but he STILL admitted to being wrong and praised Ash. That is like... so stupid!

I can't stand episodes where Ash doesn't use his on hand Pokemon or when they have lunch scenes and there are purposely Pokemon missing.

I've been making my way through the older episodes and there's this one episode in AG that is absolutely gag-worthy: Love at First Flight. Pokemon does a fair number of episodes where two Pokemon are attracted to each other, but tossing in their trainers in this sappy, sugary, "i'm too shy to admit i like her!!" set-up was so terrible that I had to shut the episode off and skip to the next one.

Any Best Wishes episode. After watching a couple, I can't bring myself to do it again.

Apart from every single solitary Japanese Pokemon thing at all that isn't the First Movie, I'm going with "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight!", "Unlocking Some Respect!", and "The Kangaskhan Kid", three episodes that are wrong on an ethical level. In the first one's case, it's Ada depriving sick hospitalized kids of something that makes them happy. In the second one's case, it's Master Thief Keyes completely getting away with breaking and entering. And in the case of the third one, well... this CinemaSins-inspired video can speak for me. These are the kinds of bad role-modeling I'd expect from MLPFiM, but not from Pokemon.

Oh, and "A Double Dilemma" can go choke on a yew berry seed, too. Last I checked, I was watching Pokemon, not the infamously pure evil "The Boys of Bummer" episode of The Simpsons.

Last edited:
Any episode with the catchphrase "you're such a kid/What a kid" and any episode that involves the "crush" scenario.

The Pikachu and Pichu episode in Johto. Most boring episode of all time.

Apart from every single solitary Japanese Pokemon thing at all that isn't the First Movie, I'm going with "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight!", "Unlocking Some Respect!", and "The Kangaskhan Kid", three episodes that are wrong on an ethical level. In the first one's case, it's Ada depriving sick hospitalized kids of something that makes them happy. In the second one's case, it's Master Thief Keyes completely getting away with breaking and entering. And in the case of the third one, well... this CinemaSins-inspired video can speak for me. These are the kinds of bad role-modeling I'd expect from MLPFiM, but not from Pokemon.

Throw in "The March of the Exeggutor Squad" and you have my picks. Just... ugh. The incompetent magician who intended to hypnotize everyone into watching his show not only appears to suffer no ramifications, but is made out to be a hero. I really wanted the newly evolved Charmeleon to torch him instead of Ash.

Any and all episodes in OS and BW. Seriously, they were just the pits. Not only was Ash in super stupid mode during both, but they had to include an annoying female sidekick that would regularly criticize Ash in a hypocritical way every three steps on the road. It's seasons like that that cement my hatred for Misty and Iris, though at least Misty could be tolerable at times and act like a genuine friend every so often. The worst part is that those episodes/characters get so much glory, especially the OS, yet both the character and writing are just the pits. Just... ugh... I would like to pretend that those seasons didn't exist, but sadly they do, and I can't ignore the ignorance of them. Please, writers, if we get a Sun/Moon season, don't hit Ash with the Dumb Ray and make him lose all that progress again like the transition between DP and BW.

Oh, and as of recent, any episodes involving Alian now hit the list. He's just way to OP and needs to be knocked down several pegs. Champions and E4 I can understand being OP, but Alian is just insanely powerful with his overused Mega Charizard. Please, writers, make Ash-Greninja turn Alian into just a bad memory.

DP65
As a Butch & Cassidy fan, this episode sends me into a deep, crippling depression (made even worse by the fact we never saw them again :cry:). The fact it doesn't live up to the potential of its premise adds insult to (mortal) injury...

The Battle Frontier fillers between Nolan and Saffron City that tried to recapture the "anything goes" feel of the Kanto days, only to fail miserably.

AG156
To me, this episode perfectly shows what a wasted opportunity going back to Kanto for the BF was. If you're going to have a ninja school...in Kanto...on the way to Fuchsia City, you should use Koga, Janine, or at least Aya. But nope, they just used some random ninja COTDs :mad:

Most of DA
Having totally screwed up the Isshu Saga and out of fucks to give, the producers just went through the motions with 5 months of busy work.

The Master Class 2-Parter
Imagine if the Grand Festivals played out like regular, everyday contests with a special guest.
It's almost like the writers were as sick of Showcases as we were...:cautious:

Last edited:

Oh, and "A Double Dilemma" can go choke on a yew berry seed, too. Last I checked, I was watching Pokemon, not the infamously pure evil "The Boys of Bummer" episode of The Simpsons.

"A Keeper for Keeps?!" has just made my list. And Hidden Mew's thoughts on it below are mine, too.

Last edited:
Most of the BW series, for obvious reasons. Other than that, The Kangaskhan Kid (I still watch that video if I want to laugh a bit). Any others? Err......not that I can think of.

A few weeks ago, I remember people complaining about the whole locksmith XY filler episode. I didn't think it was ground breaking or one of the best filler episodes, but I thought it was okay and had a refreshing kind of focus on the characters of the week.

That episode is a masterpiece compared to A Keeper for Keeps. Even before that ending came up, it was still pretty awful. The episode showed not only why I dislike Bonnie, but why I find the whole running gag absolutely terrible. I'd rather rewatch Serena's Showcases and I still stand that Showcases are boring as sin. It's easily one of, if not the worst, episode of XY in my book.

Episode 98: A Way Off Day Off

I liked most of the orange league saga, but this episode.... You can summarize it as "Nothing unusual happens to our heroes between one island and another". It's simply uneventful and boring.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom