• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Erm...help...

Reaction score
Browsing the skins on this forum, I appear to have clicked on one that has taken me to a weird version of BMGF that looks like a white screen with only one picture, avatars and text. I've tried to change the skin back, but the User CP doesn't allow me to do so - does anyone know how I can change my skin back?

Unless you're on a small-screen device, which is what it was designed for.

Yeah, that happened to me a while back too. Definatly not fun :(

First, try logging out and close your browser.
This should reset the cache and you should be free to re-login with the default skin.

I have logged out and closed the browser, but whenever I sign in as The Benmeister, no matter what computer I use, it will remain as this stupid skin.

Or did you mean something else? I'm really bummed here.

Hmm, out of curiosity, what type of browser are you using.

If you have more than one, I suggest trying another.

Nope, I only have Internet Explorer.

Man, this really needs to be fixed less more unsuspecting newbies are caught in the same situation. Is it not possible to alter the WMP skin to be able to change your skin?

Yeah, that was the worst part of the problem I ran into. The only viable option I
would hope for is to clear your cookies. Also, just in case, go for Firefox.

I'll try and help step by step.

If nothing works right now, try to access plain Bulbagarden without logging in.
Is it in neo-classic? (default skin)

EDIT: forget all I said and go here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/profile.php?do=editoptions
go to the bottom of the page and change the skin to something other than neo classic.
For some reason 'edit options' is hidden in WAP and is inaccessible.
To prove it, I went into WAP and followed these directions.
I found that neo classic didn't work as a choice... but others get it out of there.
After this you should be home free!

Thanks to Dark Fire in the Fizzy Bubbles area for the idea.

Last edited:
I'm saved! And to think it was oh so simple...

Much appreciations to all who helped. Although I was getting used to that skin. It was like a brother to me...

lol, In the end, you grew accustomed to your foe.

I just happened to browse though at the right time I guess Dark Fire.
Though, it was your suggestion that gave me the idea to just give ben the link
since I remember it not existing in that skin. I should probably tell Zhen or Archaic
about adding the 'edit options' there to prevent any more of this frustration.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom