• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Error 13267

Is Error 13267 a good thing or a bad thing?

• a good thing

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • a bad thing

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

redyakuza

Xytegenia's finest
Reaction score
For those who haven't heard of it before, error 13267 on the GTS implies that you are not allowed to offer your pokemon for trade because the system believes said pokemon is hacked.

But what if you know you haven't got a hacked pokemon? What if you know you raised it by yourself, caught it on an an adventure long ago and feel fit to send it on its merry way internationally?

Turns out Error 13267 also applies to pokemon that have inappropriate nicknames O_O.

This error stops you from trading pokemon with swear words in their nicknames because Nintendo have a profanity filter.

BUT once again what if, like me, you've never sent a pokemon off with a rude name before and you still get this problem? Well, turns out, nintendo thinks it's own pokemon's names are offensive too O_O

here's a list of pokemon that must be nicknamed to something more child friendly before being allowed to trade:

FroslASS

CoFAGarius

WEEdle

There are more but i haven't the imagination to work them all out.

This link highlights the ludicrousness of this error Pokemon Black and White Error 13267? Stop Cursing | Gameolosophy

So, any other pokemon I have to rename before I can trade them? -_-'

Marshtomp won't work either, even though it's not fully spelled out.

I thought Nintendo fixed the problemw here perfectly normal names were getting blocked off?

This reminded me of Halo 3, where you couldn't play back a film named "Big Team Slayer", and it censored it if you were connected to XBL.

Word filters never work, all they do is backfire. Besides, they take away the fun of naming a Kakuna "Penis".

But of course, moral guardians win.

EDIT: Fitting video

[video=youtube;Qh2sWSVRrmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

Last edited:
Marshtomp? Seriously? o_O

Let me explain why I made this post so you can feel my pain.

I was on the GTS last night and I searched for Jirachi. Amongst the millions of Zekrom lvl.1 requests was a CHANNEL Jirachi lvl.5 that wanted a Froslass. WIN! I thought. I go to find my Froslass I only just transferred less than 24 hours ago and BOOM: error 13267.

FML >.<

/cry

Nintendo's being paranoid...

They were when Wii online came out. Remember FCs, no voice chat in random battle, and not being able to set your own mottos or even know who you were playing against in PBR?

Unfortunately, Pokemon Battle Revolution never does show off a considerable amount of depth, as the online experience is as stripped down and basic as the single player mode. Players can opt to either head into random battle with a worldwide opponent or team up with friends for a Pokemon rivalry, but it's never a seriously engaging experience. In worldwide you'll select a level and game type, and then head into random matchmaking. There's no list of waiting players or amount of fighters per stadium, however, so meeting up with an opponent can be a bit of a hassle. We've had matches begin in a matter of seconds, and others take up to five minutes before finally giving us an error code that we can only assume means there was a disconnection problem or lack of competition.

The good...

... and the bad.

In the case of a disconnection, you'll need to go through the entire Wi-Fi connection process again, re-select your pass, pick the type of fight you wish to do, and then start matchmaking for a second time. Add a few of these disconnection issues together and you've got a large chunk of time devoted to reselecting options and jumping through Nintendo online hoops. It's not exactly the online experience we were hoping for, and a pretty underwhelming debut for the Wii console.

One of the biggest issues with Pokemon Battle Revolution isn't found in technical shortcomings, but in the lack of motivation players will have when in the game. Online battles result in no post-battle stats and there's no reason to fight, as the game lacks any kind of leaderboards, tournaments, trophies or achievements. Unless you're doing it for the thrill of battle - which some players will be - there's literally no global competitive structure to encourage fights. Why create a game that's about "being the best there ever was" if there's no way to find out when you are? Pokemon Battle Revolution's online offering is simply one-dimensional, as your only option is to pair up with friends or random partners, battle, and then move on to something else. No incentive, no character development, and no lasting appeal.

Source: Pokemon Battle Revolution Review - Wii Review at IGN

I'm suprised it took everyone this long to realize Nintendo failed.

(Cue you get nothing)

We are still relatively early in our online gaming development as an international community. Take WoW for example: people from all over the area getting along and developing friendships and working together in teams. Dissidents who don't like to play nice are banned by GMs.

An implementation of fair play and respect into all competitive gaming is what's required.

Wow that's just a bit crazy. Seriously Marshtomp? That's the most stupidest thing in the world. I guess they did fail long time ago, and it doesn't matter what they will do, people will always find a way around it. Like write the name in numbers if possible (Like how you can write Boobs in a calculator) or whatever,

But seriously? WEEdle? That's even more stupider, the people who even use Wee are children themselves unless you are just cheering and going Wee on a swing.

Wow that's just a bit crazy. Seriously Marshtomp? That's the most stupidest thing in the world. I guess they did fail long time ago, and it doesn't matter what they will do, people will always find a way around it. Like write the name in numbers if possible (Like how you can write Boobs in a calculator) or whatever,

But seriously? WEEdle? That's even more stupider, the people who even use Wee are children themselves unless you are just cheering and going Wee on a swing.

Or weewee (aka urine) or it's more likely WEEDle (weed like marijuana)

Oh yeah, I totally forgot Weedle also had the name Weed in it XD, although it's still a bit silly considering weed also means those annoying plants or whatever that shows up in your gardens.

Yet Oddish is the weed Pokémon...

I'm divided over whether it's good or bad. Maybe if the actual names were exempt from it, but it does stop certain nicknames. The good and bad cancel each other out.
(as if anyone in their right mind would use a Weedle for anything online, anyway)

If it does, then double fail, as some events might get blocked too.

I say let the little Froslasses see swear words on their traded Pokemon. It builds character. Plus it's not everyday that you get a Pokemon named "UrABitchLOL". (This happened to me once on Diamond)

Skuntank... Yeah.

I have found out that it is impossible to name your pokemon "fuck" but it is possible to name them "fuck yeah"

Don't ask how I know.

Skuntank... Yeah.

I have found out that it is impossible to name your pokemon "fuck" but it is possible to name them "fuck yeah"

Don't ask how I know.

-Goes and tries this-

Edit: My God it's true. New name for Samurott >:D

They become acceptable if there is a space after the word. So technically, you should be able to trade all Weedles and crap if you renamed them (Pokemon name)(space).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom