• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Escavalier vs. Scizor

Scizor for being epic. Escavalier is ok, it has nice bulk and huge attack, but its design is really unappealing to me. Scizor's got the looks, the style, the skill, the everything... Plus, it evolves from Scyther who is just as awesome, whereas Karrablast is meh.

scizor looks cooler,has a cooler name, and is the successor of scyther. Plus it's red so its 3x faster.

Design -wise, Escavalier. I think it's really creative, and I love the knight motif, having always been fascinated with medieval stuff. In fact, I like this pokémon so much, it used to be my favorite.

scizor has a cooler name

"Escavalier" is cool too, being a portmanteau of "escargot", french for snail, and "cavalier", meaning knight. Snail Knight!

But stat-wise, Scizor. This thing just kills everything in sight. It doesn't look too shabby, either.

But overall, Escavalier. The knight motif was a personal autowin.

Last edited:
Scizor! It's just a beast. It can spam Technican Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Aerial Ace, and other low base power moves. I just don't like Escavalier's speed, but it's design is better. And Scizor makes up for it's low speed with Techni-Bullet punch. Scyther is awesome, Karrablast is meh. So my vote goes to Scizor, the truly epic Bug/Steel.

Scizor looks cool and it is red, one of, if not my favorite color.
But there is something on it that never appealed to me... I don't know why.

Escavalier on other hand... I love its kinda bulky design, its lances and especially its eyes.
Also, its method of evolution is pretty cool. I don't mind its slow speed, a lot of my favorite Pokémon are basically slugs.

tumblr_me9w30oLH21qj3od6.png

^ derp.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom