• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Estimated Release Date - Oct. 28th, 2016

Misheard Whisper

Nico-Nico-NOPE
Reaction score
Hey all, I just got an email (below) from mightyape, the local geek retailer, informing me that the new games are estimated to come out on October 28th this year. That's about a month earlier than I expected, to be honest. Could they know something we don't?

release%20date._zpsmsfdlck9.png

The prices for the two games are also listed as $79.99 NZD.

. . . could be worse.

That's exactly what I thought, which is weird -- but it also diminishes the probability that they're just spitballing. If they genuinely had no more idea than we do, I'd think they would have estimated November 28th or something (based on 'coming Holiday 2016'), so this kinda makes me think they do have some insight.

That's exactly what I thought, which is weird -- but it also diminishes the probability that they're just spitballing. If they genuinely had no more idea than we do, I'd think they would have estimated November 28th or something (based on 'coming Holiday 2016'), so this kinda makes me think they do have some insight.
The Japanese presentation apparently specified "Winter" 2016, and October... ain't winter. I can't see a Pokemon game coming out in NZ before Japan, so either they're flat-out wrong here, or it's just a very optimistic estimate.

Whatever date the games come out, I would wait and see what kind of content it has before deciding to purchase.

If those are the deal-breakers for you, then I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. We'll all be enjoying Gen 7 while you draw rage comics on DeviantArt.
I am allow to decide what I want to get. If they didn't made a gen 6 game for Zygarde's forms then they should include them in Sun and Moon.

I am allow to decide what I want to get. If they didn't made a gen 6 game for Zygarde's forms then they should include them in Sun and Moon.

They most likely will, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a post game entirely related to Zygarde, but I'm sure there will be something to make up for everything. It is a 20th anniv game too evidently, so there will be lots of throwback elements.

They will almost definitely be in S&M. If not, the time and effort they spent creating and promoting them would have been completely wasted except for an anime arc.

I'd love a late October release, but like some of the posts above I could see it happening maybe mid-November.
Any time close to holiday season is good though, because it can stay at a higher charting position throughout said holiday once it starts, and then after. Which is what normally happens.

I'm soo excited for CoroCoro reveals over the next month, new Pokémon reveals are the best time :D

October seems unlikely to me too tbqh, but I shall remain ever optimistic. The sooner the better, of course! :D

I'm going to guess Mid-November to Early December for a release date getting in there during the holiday rush season to have all the parents nab for their child for christmas.

It's curiously almost exactly 8 months from today.... Maybe it automatically estimates like that?

But yeah, agree with the others here. End of Novemeber sounds more likely.

I'm thinking it'll be the end of November. And it'll fill the slot A Link Between Worlds, ORAS, and Super Mystery Dungeon had in previous years.

Amazon has pre-orders up, with a release date of "December 31st." Undoubtedly a placeholder, since it'd be very odd to say you're giving something a holiday release and then get it out after Christmas.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom