• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Estimated Release Date - Oct. 28th, 2016

I would agree mostly because of the past trends. Late November release-dates are quite common with most main-series games.
Not really. They were done for GS and RS in Japan, and for ORAS worldwide.

But the only December release was Crystal in Japan. It's hard to understand why they would wait until December.

October 28th is hardly "holiday season."
It's close enough, believe me. I've worked retail for a while now and there are a number of shoppers who have their holiday shopping completely done before November. Why? They want to avoid the crowds and don't want to leave the house on Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Here in the States, it's getting far more common for retailers to offer deals on Thanksgiving Day rather than the day after. Black Friday has become a bit superfluous now and it doesn't make the money for most retailers that it did a few years ago.

And yes, there has been pushback on that but it hasn't been enough to get Walmart, Target, et al. to stop the practice; don't expect it to end anytime soon.

Granted, ten to one this isn't the actual date but I'd be fine with late October. It'll give me more than enough time to save up for it. (Medical bills just make life so interesting.)

I know it won't happen because they already said Holiday 2016, however I would absolutely love a September release.

I think the best bet though is probably mid November again, like the weekend before Thanksgiving in the US.
The reason I mentioned September is because that's been a common choice for release before. I forgot they said Holiday 2016 in the trailer, oops.

What time frame does "Holiday 2016" exactly cover? IIRC it's November/December.

I think it generally refers to November/December, but since they only have a window right now, the last week of October could be possible if localization goes quicker than expected.

In Japan we have 2016年冬
Means it's December because winter start mid December

In Japan we have 2016年冬
But I'm sure they have used winter 2016 to mean "mid novemeber too", even in Japan?
Surely, that must have happened with a game before.

October 28th is hardly "holiday season."
Honestly if thats the estimated time thats great and not surprising especially with the holiday projection they gave us already. One might think, "Holidays? That must mean December right?" But nowadays producers and stores prepare to have things for respective holidays as early as 2 months early now (i.e. I see halloween stuff in stores in August, Christmas stuff in October, Valentines Day right after New Years)

Plus the sooner they crank these babies out the sooner we get to play so yay!

Honestly if thats the estimated time thats great and not surprising especially with the holiday projection they gave us already. One might think, "Holidays? That must mean December right?" But nowadays producers and stores prepare to have things for respective holidays as early as 2 months early now (i.e. I see halloween stuff in stores in August, Christmas stuff in October, Valentines Day right after New Years)

Plus the sooner they crank these babies out the sooner we get to play so yay!
That's only in regards to seasonal stuff. They have to get that stuff out early because if they don't they won't have time to order more before the holiday happens.

With consumer goods and entertainment stuffs they stick to the set release dates. October would be considered fall and if they meant that they would have most likely gone with "fall 2016" for the teaser. But with "Holiday", "Winter", and "Late" being thrown around by the announcements, you'd think that they're talking about the last two months but before the winter holidays so it would be out by then. And you know Hanukkah is a lot earlier then Christmas and they'll probably want to get it out before then too.

Last edited:
Long story short, seems like October at the absolute earliest and December at the absolute latest? Though I highly doubt December. Definitely too late. Too bad it wasn't a summer 2016 release XD

In Japan we have 2016年冬
I don't live in Japan, but Wikipedia says that November 8th is considered the beginning of winter; December 22nd is the middle of it.

I would think that if they already knew the release month, they would have confirmed it. Winter 2016 isn't too specific, but it does make a late October release date unlikely.

I don't live in Japan, but Wikipedia says that November 8th is considered the beginning of winter; December 22nd is the middle of it.
I'm from Yokohama in Japan usually winter starts in mid Dec. Before that it gets little colder

Lol anyway I guess nov Dec

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom