• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Eternal~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presidian

cuter in person
Reaction score
~Eternal~​

“Kirstin, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine – like I’ve been for the last past five years. I’ll be home later today. Bye-…I love you too, Kirst’,” Roark said, driving a navy blue pick-up truck through the Oreburg mining area. “No you won’t! Can’t you just take one day off?” Roark’s wife, Kirstin, asked. Roark put on his orange mining helmet as he put the truck into park. He got out of the truck, and stepped down on the dark brown soil covering most of the mining area. He walked over to a cart full of coal on one of the many railroad tracks bringing the coal out of the city and into others. Roark fell to the ground; blood seeping from his side after three gunshots was fired. “Roark? Honey…it’s not-…Roark? Roark!” Kirstin asked worriedly. A worker ran over to Roark, looking around for the shooter. “Roark!” he yelled, kneeling and supporting him by his back – but he was dead.

~​

Wake sat in the middle of his pool on a floating platform: drinking a cup of coffee brought by one of his apprentices, and eating a donut brought to him from a Café in Veilstone City. As he took a sip of his coffee, still hot and steaming from the top: gunshot echoed through the tiled room. His coffee mug fell to the bottom of the pool. Wake fell into the water; blood flowered from his side, dirtying the battling pool. He died quickly as his body floated through the sapphire water.

~​

Kirstin sobbed into her arm as the Police Officer approached her cottage in Northern Oreburg. “I’m sorry, Ma’am. He was dead when we found him, and no one was there besides him except his assistant,” the male Police Officer said. “We couldn’t have done anything.” Kirstin looked up, revealing her pale face and dark blue eyes. Her curly auburn hair bordered her face nicely, but her hair was frizzy from stress. “…Please…go,” Kirstin said, still sobbing. The Officer nodded, bowing and walking out of the cottage.

A small, short, blonde-haired, and three-year-old boy walked over to his mother, tugging at her blue pled shirt. “Ma-ma?” he asked, taking off his smaller mining hat that his father had given him on a previous birthday. “Ma-Ma?” he asked again, tugging at her shirt again. Kirstin picked him up, and hugged him. “Where’s Da-Da? Hank wants to see him again!” Hank asked. “…H-He’s…he’s not…c-coming…back,” Kirstin told her son. He looked up to her; worry in his small dark eyes like his mother’s.

~​

And thus: the Saga began. Kirstin, as some of you might know, is the Hearthome Gym Leader. She also, like many others of the past Hearthome Gym Leaders, has gained the ability to…

Ghost Whisper

Now, I know what you’re thinking: why would anyone want to do that? And what is "Ghost Whispering"? Well: you will just have to wait and see. You still need to sign up for the class that Ms. Kirstin is holding.

~​

To participate in Kirstin’s Ghost Whispering Class, or the investigation, please fill out this form:

Name:

Date of Birth:

Appearance: (1 paragraph)

Personality: (1 paragraph)

History: (2 paragraphs)

Pokémon: (No legendaries, whatsoever. Please include personalities, and brief histories for each of them.)

Hometown: (Any city in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh. Not Isshu.)

Ability: (To either Ghost Whisper, or another Ability. I will have to approve this: I don’t want something to amazing, like: being able to fly. I want something pretty…well…undeveloped. For now, that is.)

Field: (Investigation/Ghost Whispering)

Roleplaying Sample: (Can be written right on the spot, or copied and pasted from another RP/Fanfic)

~​

Now, your character will either go to the Police Station in Jubilife City to be briefed on the situation of Gym Leader murders, or take Kirstin’s Class in Hearthome City for Ghost Whispering techniques. Note: your character must be chosen for this class. I will be the chooser, and no one else. Here are some rules:

- Do not post one sentence posts! This will make the RP slower and slower. I know it’s hard, but it’s worth it. 1 4-7-sentence paragraph at minimum will do the trick.
- Do not take control of others’ characters’ roles! Make sure you aren’t, especially in Pokémon battles
- Do not take the Game Manager’s place if he/she has left (only if you have permission, you may). You will be immediately ejected from the RP if you do this.
- Do not have a silent character that doesn’t do anything. (Trust me, I’ve done this once before, and it almost ruined the whole RP for me. Make your character at least the slightest outgoing.)
- Keep inappropriate love scenes and swearing to a minimum.
- Follow all of the Forum’s rules, and BMFG’s rules (duh)
- You may have as many characters as you can handle
- I will decide if a character if is killed or not. No, I will not kill your character just if I feel like it: I will only kill your character if 1. You aren’t following rules, or 2. if you have claimed a Gym Leader, and it’s time for them to go in order for the plot to go as planned.
- Have fun! (And put, “I’m a doofus” in your post someplace. Please Bold it so I can find it~)

Break any one of these rules, and you’re out for the day. Break any three, and you’re ejected from the RP.

~​

Character Roster:
-GoldenrodGirl ~ Maylene ~ Gym Leader
-Tehfwee ~ Reserved: 1 Normal Trainer
-Godzillawolf ~ Approved ~ Investigation
-Johto Trainer ~ Paige Korper Approved ~ Ghost Whispering `
-Reggaehype ~ James Krope Approved ~ Ghost Whispering
-

Gym Leader Roster: (Note, any one of these Gym Leaders can be replaced by one of your characters. Please include their bio and PM it to me~)

Gardenia – Pending
Maylene – GoldenrodGirl
Byron – Pending
Candice – Pending
Volkner – Pending

My Characters
Name: Kirstin

Date of Birth: May 5

Appearance:

Kirstin has curly, Auburn hair that reaches her shoulders roughly. She has dark blue eyes. She usually wears jeans, and one of her many pink or purple blouses. Her skin is a peachy color, and she always wears pink blush on her face to complement it in some way. Kirstin wears a Magenta scarf in the fall and winter: she hates even the slightest cold.

Personality:

Kirstin hates the cold (because of her hometown). She is very self-conscious, though, she Kirstin is also conscious and aware of the people around her. Whether they are kind, or mean, Kirstin hates to harm anything living: especially Pokémon. She loves to Swim, and does so in her spare time. Kirstin also likes being a mother, even though it meant that she would have to battle challengers at the Hearthome gym every other week.

History:

Kirstin was born in Sunnyshore City, Sinnoh, along with her twin brother whom now lives in Goldenrod City with their older sister. She began her journey as a young Pokémon trainer just as her older sister had two years earlier. Kirstin met Roark at the Canalave Gym after she had battled Byron, Roark’s father. After she had battled, Roark came up to congratulate her win. He offered to take her back up to Snowpoint City, because, after all: he knew the way there better than anyone else her age.

Some years after Kirstin and Roark’s journey, they began dating, and then just a month later: he purposed. They married on the beaches of Sunnyshore city at the ages of 21 and 24. A year later, Kirstin was pregnant with their first child, who would be named Christopher: or Hank, as they would call him. Now, both being Gym Leaders, it was hard to balance their marriage, their son, and their jobs that they had both wanted so badly as children.

After Roark was killed, Kirstin and Hank were left alone, with half of their family’s income gone, and one third of their family missing.

Pokémon:

Magenta
Gengar
Female

Magenta was Kirstin’s first Pokémon, and the Pokémon that one the match against Byron, causing Roark and Kirstin’s meeting. She is outgoing, brave, and reserved. She also keeps Hank and her fellow teammates in line when Kirstin isn’t there to.

Lex
Froslass
Female

Roark lent Lex to Kirstin to help her defeat Bertha in a testing match in Kirstin's Gym Leader testing. She is the quietest of Kirstin’s team.

Valencia
Gardevoir
Female

Valencia was Kirstin’s second caught Pokémon. She was caught just outside Jubilife City. Valencia is very curious, but practical. She is the wisest of her teammates.

Vixon
Mismagius
Male

Vixon is Kirstin’s most recently caught Pokémon. After he had known Lex, Kirstin’s Froslass, for more than a month: they became partners. Lex is taking care of their first egg now, which is about to hatch. Kirstin is letting them choose where their child will stay and who will train him/her.

Hora
Weavile
Female

Hora was caught around Snowpoint City, making her Kirstin's third Pokémon.

Ability: Kirstin is able to "Ghost Whisper".

Hometown: Sunnyshore City

~​

Name: Christopher (Hank)

Date of Birth: January 11th

Appearance:

Christopher usually wears orange overalls, a brown shirt, small brown pants, and a miniature-mining helmet that his father bought him at a shop in Canalave City. Otherwise, Christopher wears assorted shirts, jeans, and his helmet. He has a short, blonde, “buzz-cut” and dark blue eye that he inherited from his mother. Christopher has an almost square birthmark above his left eye.

Personality:

Christopher is very shy in public, and can’t stand being without one of his parents in a crowded area. He speaks anything that comes to his mind in choppy speech (as any toddler would): off-topic or on. Christopher enjoys playing in the mud, getting dirty, and exploring just about anything. His back yard, a small row of bushes in the Eterna Forest…anything. He hates anything black.

History:

Christopher was born in Eterna City, January 11th. He was raised in Hearthome City for the first two years of his life, and then brought to Oreburg. The nickname “Hank” was Christopher’s first “word”, or at least the first thing he said.

(Sorry for the short history, he doesn’t really that much, since he’s 3 and all.)

Pokémon:

Blueberry
Cranidos
Female

Blueberry was hatched just a month before Christopher’s family moved to Oreburg. Hank named his Cranidos “Blueberry” because her head reminded of his favorite berry.

Ability: None...yet :3

Hometown: Eterna City

Happy Roleplaying~!

~Knight of Day

Last edited:
Please reserve two spots as a gym leader and an ordinary character, please. Thank you in advance :)

Can I get a Gym Leader & a Trainer reservation please? Lol, they sure are popular xD

Would you mind reserving a spot for me, please? A regular trainer. Also; would being able to copy Pokemons abilities be too advanced for an ability?

Would you mind reserving a spot for me, please? A regular trainer. Also; would being able to copy Pokemons abilities be too advanced for an ability?

No, I wouldn't ^^ ...It's depends... What do you have in mind?

Can I researve a normal trainer?

Of course ^^

Also, for all of you: please don't forget to write a bio! I have tons of reservations, and I want each and every one to be fulfilled as promised.

Name: Paige Korper

Date of Birth: September 3, 1994

Appearance: Paige is about 5 feet, and 5 inches tall. She weighs about 110 pounds. Her hair is a bright red color with purple highlights in it, and it reaches about 3-4 inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark brown color. Her skin is a light white color. She also has a bit of strength compared to other girls from her hometown.Paige wears her hair down, and it gets a bit wavy at the bottom. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt with a white pokeball symbol in the middle. She wears shorts that come up about 2 inches above her knees. She wears white and purple sneakers, and bright purple socks that don't come up past her ankles. She also ties a purple hoodie around her waist, just in case it gets cold.

Personality: Paige is a very cheerful girl, but she is also tom-boyish. She can be very competitive when it comes to battling (Her main hobby), but she always tries to be very kind to others. She does get a bit worried when situations seem bad, and does tend to get angry when she loses something, and she brags to herself (She tries her best not to brag in front of others, but it happens sometimes) when she wins something, or accomplishes something. She isn't very timid, but isn't always brave, depending on the situation. She also does get pretty mad if someone makes fun of her for any reasons. But, she can be very caring, and she shows that clearly when training her pokemon.

History: Paige was born in Blackthorn City, Johto, during the month of September. Her parents were great friends with Clair, mostly because her father worked at the gym as the referee for challenges. She really wanted to follow in her parents foot steps, but her real role model was Clair, and Paige set a goal to become the new Blackthorn Gym Leader when Clair resigns. She got her first pokemon, Shelly, a horsea at this time, from Clair. Shelly and Paige would train for many hours each and every day, until Paige became 10. At this age, she recieved a Dratini that she named Midnite, from Clair's father.

After she recieved her Dratini, Paige set out for her journey in Johto, and captured the rest of her team along the way. She managed to defeat all 8 Johto gym leaders. She then challenged the Elite 4, but lost to the champion. She decided that beating the Elite 4 was good enough, and she didn't need to become champion. She traveled to Sinnoh by boat to challenge gym leaders there, but once she heard of what happened to Roark and Wake, she decided to sign up for the investigation, since her ability might be a great help.

While on her journey in Johto, Paige discovered that she was able to talk with her pokemon through her thoughts, and their thoughts. This is mostly known as Telepathy. She used this to her advantage in battles, but she doesn't know exactly how to do this, it just happens sometimes. She thinks that these classes will help her understand this more, and she thinks this ability will be able to help the investigation, but she is taking the Ghost Whispering class, since she thinks it may help her with her Telepathy skills.

Pokémon: Paige's team:

Kingdra {Shelly} [Female]

Shelly was Paige's first pokemon, as described in Paige's history. Shelly is very loyal to Paige, and they have been friends for the longest time. Shelly is very cheerful, and happy most of the time. (Shelly is shiny; Is that ok?)

Dragonite {Midnite} [Male]

Midnite was Paige's second pokemon, also described in history. Midnite laid back, and calm most of the time. Midnite is never really sad, unless Paige is also sad. He is very intelligent.

Aerodactyl {Marble} [Female]

Marble was Paige's last addition to her team. She was revived from a fossil that Paige found in the Ruins of Alph. She was very excited to have found this fossil, and Marble was a great addition to her team. Marble is very playful, and likes to be moving around all of the time. But, she is powerful in battle, whilst she lacks being aggressive (Sp?).

Salamence {Ozone} [Male]

Paige found Ozone, along with Chi (Her Flygon) both along the route south of Blackthorn, while she was on her way to New Bark Town. Chi and Ozone were both together, playfully battling. Paige saw that they were natural battlers, and decided to capture them. She successfully caught Chi, but Ozone escaped, as he was afraid. Paige was disapointed, but luckily, Ozone wanted to be with Chi, so he followed Paige to New Bark town, and was happily captured. Ozone turned out to be one of Paige's powerhouses in battle, and is very aggressive and powerful. He can really lose his temper, though.

Flygon {Chi} [Female]

Chi was found along with Ozone, as described above. Chi wasn't willing to be captured easily, and did put up a fight, but was eventually captured. Chi is pretty powerful, but not very aggressive. She likes to fly around and have fun, but can be very calm and quiet sometimes. But she is also very supportive, and is the team's "cheer leader".

Gyarados {Hydro} [Male]

Hydro was captured as a Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (Nope, not shiny). Paige was calmly fishing at the time and was not expecting a Gyarados to appear, but she saw his anger and aggression, and knew it would be powerful. Paige can't really tell whether Hydro is happy or not, because the expression on his face doesn't really change. She can only truely tell when using telepathy. But she does know when he is angry, and loses his temper often.

Note: All of her pokemon were caught in their base form, except Hydro.

Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto

Ability: Telepathy (Talking to pokemon through thoughts) Is this to advance?

Field: Ghost Whispering

RP Sample: This is from a different RP. It's a battle scene:

Paige was thinking hard. She was facing Clair, the last Gym Leader of Johto. Clair's Kingdra had taken out all of Paige's pokemon - execpt one. Paige had to battle wisely, or things wouldn't be so good. "Ok, I'm counting on you, Shelly." She whispered. "Go! Shelly!" As the pokeball was thrown into the air, a purple Kingdra had emerged. "King!" The seahorse cried. "Let's finish this!"

Clair laughed. "Don't get too cocky, Paige! Go Kingdra, use Dragon Pulse!" The blue Kingdra attacked Shelly with a blue beam-like attack, that glistned in the light. "Let's see you beat me!" Clair joked.

As the dragon pulse approached Shelly, Paige had to act quickly. "Ok Shelly, hurry and dodge, then use Dragon Dance!" The purple Kingdra obeyed her trainer, and quickly dodged the attack. After this, Shelly performed a mystic dance that surronded her with clouds of black and red. "Great! Now you can move faster, and hit harder! But first, get some distance, and use Draco Meteor!" Shelly moved back and began gathering energy to unleash an attack.

Clair began to panick in her head, as she knew that this attack was powerful, and was a bit ashamed that her Kingdra didn't know such an attack. "Hurry Kingdra! Use Rain Dance, and then Waterfall!" The Kingdra began a dance that suddenly made rain appear. This would boost the Kingdra's speed, and make Water attacks stronger. Then, Clair's Kingdra began charging at Shelly, surronded by a veil of Water.

Paige giggled. Clair had made a mistake using Rain Dance, since that also made Shelly a bit faster. "Now, attack!" Shelly unleashed the Draco Meteor into the air, and several "meteors" fell towards Kingdra. The Kingdra moved swiftly enough to dodge the first few, but was hit hard by the attack. "Yes! Now Shelly, you use Waterfall!" Shelly began charging at Kingdra with great speed because of the Rain Dance and Dragon Dance.

"Kingdra! You must get up and dodge!" Kingdra quickly got it's act together and got up, but with Shelly so close. "Hurry, counter with Dragon Pulse!" Kingdra released another dragon pulse attack from it's snout and directly hit Shelly head-on. Shelly was sent flying to the other side of the field.

"Oh no! Shelly, tell me you're ok! Please get up!" Shelly slowly stood back up. "Great! Thank god you're ok! Now, another Dragon Dance, then Outrage!" Paige said. She prayed that the Outrage would work, and hope that the confusion wouldn't kick in. Shelly majestically danced once again, and then began rampaging, surronded by a red "aura", towards Kingdra.

"Kingdra, hurry, dodge!" But unfortunately for Kingdra, 2 Dragon Dances, plus Rain Dance, meant that Shelly was going very fast, and was hit stupendously hard. Clair could tell that Kingdra was greatly injured, but did not accept defeat. "Kingra, get up!" Clair shouted. The Kingdra got up out of desperation to win. "Now, use Waterfall!" Kingdra ran towards Shelly with a Waterfall attack.

"Ok, Shelly! Go head-on with Outrage again!" Shelly and Kingdra charged towards each other, both at there full power. As they approached each other, both Paige and Clair were getting worried that their pokemon may faint, and lose the battle. Then, they collided, and there was a small tremor in the gym. They were both sent flying back. But surely enough, Shelly stood right back up, and Kingdra had fainted, mostly because of the two Dragon Dances that Shelly had applied, which made Outrage much more powerful.

"Kingdra is unable to battle," The referee, Paige's father, announced. "which means that the challenger, Paige, is victorious, and will recieve a Rising Badge!"

Paige cheered with joy at her victory. "Yes! We did it, Shelly!" She ran and hugged her pokemon. "You deserve such a great rest." Paige pointed Shelly's pokeball at her pokemon, and Shelly retreated to it. Paige gladly walked past her father, and smiled. He gave her a proud look that said "Good job.", and she walked up to Clair to receive her 8th gym badge.

Clair was obviously upset, but accepted her defeat, since it was from a friend. She put her pokemon into a pokeball, and looked at Paige. "Congratulations on defeating me, and receiving your 8th badge of Johto." Clair smiled, and handed Paige the badge. "You very well deserve this, and now you can finally challenge the Elite 4!"

"Thank you so much, Clair! I won't dissapoint you! I'll see you soon!" Paige hurried out the gym, and Clair waved to her. She headed to the Pokemon Center to heal her team. Then, she went home, and knocked on the door. Her mother appeared in front of her. "I did it!"

Very interesting plot!

Last edited:
Name: Paige Korper

Date of Birth: September 3, 1994

Appearance: Paige is about 5 feet, and 5 inches tall. She weighs about 110 pounds. Her hair is a bright red color with purple highlights in it, and it reaches about 3-4 inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark brown color. Her skin is a light white color. She also has a bit of strength compared to other girls from her hometown.Paige wears her hair down, and it gets a bit wavy at the bottom. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt with a white pokeball symbol in the middle. She wears shorts that come up about 2 inches above her knees. She wears white and purple sneakers, and bright purple socks that don't come up past her ankles. She also ties a purple hoodie around her waist, just in case it gets cold.

Personality: Paige is a very cheerful girl, but she is also tom-boyish. She can be very competitive when it comes to battling (Her main hobby), but she always tries to be very kind to others. She does get a bit worried when situations seem bad, and does tend to get angry when she loses something, and she brags to herself (She tries her best not to brag in front of others, but it happens sometimes) when she wins something, or accomplishes something. She isn't very timid, but isn't always brave, depending on the situation. She also does get pretty mad if someone makes fun of her for any reasons. But, she can be very caring, and she shows that clearly when training her pokemon.

History: Paige was born in Blackthorn City, Johto, during the month of September. Her parents were great friends with Clair, mostly because her father worked at the gym as the referee for challenges. She really wanted to follow in her parents foot steps, but her real role model was Clair, and Paige set a goal to become the new Blackthorn Gym Leader when Clair resigns. She got her first pokemon, Shelly, a horsea at this time, from Clair. Shelly and Paige would train for many hours each and every day, until Paige became 10. At this age, she recieved a Dratini that she named Midnite, from Clair's father.

After she recieved her Dratini, Paige set out for her journey in Johto, and captured the rest of her team along the way. She managed to defeat all 8 Johto gym leaders. She then challenged the Elite 4, but lost to the champion. She decided that beating the Elite 4 was good enough, and she didn't need to become champion. She traveled to Sinnoh by boat to challenge gym leaders there, but once she heard of what happened to Roark and Wake, she decided to sign up for the investigation, since her ability might be a great help.

While on her journey in Johto, Paige discovered that she was able to talk with her pokemon through her thoughts, and their thoughts. This is mostly known as Telepathy. She used this to her advantage in battles, but she doesn't know exactly how to do this, it just happens sometimes. She think that these classes will help her understand this more, and she thinks this ability will be able to help the investigation. This is another reason she signed up for this class. (Is this too advance?)

Pokémon: Paige's team:

Kingdra {Shelly} [Female]

Shelly was Paige's first pokemon, as described in Paige's history. Shelly is very loyal to Paige, and they have been friends for the longest time. Shelly is very cheerful, and happy most of the time. (Shelly is shiny; Is that ok?)

Dragonite {Midnite} [Male]

Midnite was Paige's second pokemon, also described in history. Midnite laid back, and calm most of the time. Midnite is never really sad, unless Paige is also sad. He is very intelligent.

Aerodactyl {Marble} [Female]

Marble was Paige's last addition to her team. She was revived from a fossil that Paige found in the Ruins of Alph. She was very excited to have found this fossil, and Marble was a great addition to her team. Marble is very playful, and likes to be moving around all of the time. But, she is powerful in battle, whilst she lacks being aggressive (Sp?).

Salamence {Ozone} [Male]

Paige found Ozone, along with Chi (Her Flygon) both along the route south of Blackthorn, while she was on her way to New Bark Town. Chi and Ozone were both together, playfully battling. Paige saw that they were natural battlers, and decided to capture them. She successfully caught Chi, but Ozone escaped, as he was afraid. Paige was disapointed, but luckily, Ozone wanted to be with Chi, so he followed Paige to New Bark town, and was happily captured. Ozone turned out to be one of Paige's powerhouses in battle, and is very aggressive and powerful. He can really lose his temper, though.

Flygon {Chi} [Female]

Chi was found along with Ozone, as described above. Chi wasn't willing to be captured easily, and did put up a fight, but was eventually captured. Chi is pretty powerful, but not very aggressive. She likes to fly around and have fun, but can be very calm and quiet sometimes. But she is also very supportive, and is the team's "cheer leader".

Gyarados {Hydro} [Male]

Hydro was captured as a Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (Nope, not shiny). Paige was calmly fishing at the time and was not expecting a Gyarados to appear, but she saw his anger and aggression, and knew it would be powerful. Paige can't really tell whether Hydro is happy or not, because the expression on his face doesn't really change. She can only truely tell when using telepathy. But she does know when he is angry, and loses his temper often.

Note: All of her pokemon were caught in their base form, except Hydro.

Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto

Ability: Telepathy (Talking to pokemon through thoughts) Is this to advance?

Field: Investigation

RP Sample: This is from a different RP. It's a battle scene:

Paige was thinking hard. She was facing Clair, the last Gym Leader of Johto. Clair's Kingdra had taken out all of Paige's pokemon - execpt one. Paige had to battle wisely, or things wouldn't be so good. "Ok, I'm counting on you, Shelly." She whispered. "Go! Shelly!" As the pokeball was thrown into the air, a purple Kingdra had emerged. "King!" The seahorse cried. "Let's finish this!"

Clair laughed. "Don't get too cocky, Paige! Go Kingdra, use Dragon Pulse!" The blue Kingdra attacked Shelly with a blue beam-like attack, that glistned in the light. "Let's see you beat me!" Clair joked.

As the dragon pulse approached Shelly, Paige had to act quickly. "Ok Shelly, hurry and dodge, then use Dragon Dance!" The purple Kingdra obeyed her trainer, and quickly dodged the attack. After this, Shelly performed a mystic dance that surronded her with clouds of black and red. "Great! Now you can move faster, and hit harder! But first, get some distance, and use Draco Meteor!" Shelly moved back and began gathering energy to unleash an attack.

Clair began to panick in her head, as she knew that this attack was powerful, and was a bit ashamed that her Kingdra didn't know such an attack. "Hurry Kingdra! Use Rain Dance, and then Waterfall!" The Kingdra began a dance that suddenly made rain appear. This would boost the Kingdra's speed, and make Water attacks stronger. Then, Clair's Kingdra began charging at Shelly, surronded by a veil of Water.

Paige giggled. Clair had made a mistake using Rain Dance, since that also made Shelly a bit faster. "Now, attack!" Shelly unleashed the Draco Meteor into the air, and several "meteors" fell towards Kingdra. The Kingdra moved swiftly enough to dodge the first few, but was hit hard by the attack. "Yes! Now Shelly, you use Waterfall!" Shelly began charging at Kingdra with great speed because of the Rain Dance and Dragon Dance.

"Kingdra! You must get up and dodge!" Kingdra quickly got it's act together and got up, but with Shelly so close. "Hurry, counter with Dragon Pulse!" Kingdra released another dragon pulse attack from it's snout and directly hit Shelly head-on. Shelly was sent flying to the other side of the field.

"Oh no! Shelly, tell me you're ok! Please get up!" Shelly slowly stood back up. "Great! Thank god you're ok! Now, another Dragon Dance, then Outrage!" Paige said. She prayed that the Outrage would work, and hope that the confusion wouldn't kick in. Shelly majestically danced once again, and then began rampaging, surronded by a red "aura", towards Kingdra.

"Kingdra, hurry, dodge!" But unfortunately for Kingdra, 2 Dragon Dances, plus Rain Dance, meant that Shelly was going very fast, and was hit stupendously hard. Clair could tell that Kingdra was greatly injured, but did not accept defeat. "Kingra, get up!" Clair shouted. The Kingdra got up out of desperation to win. "Now, use Waterfall!" Kingdra ran towards Shelly with a Waterfall attack.

"Ok, Shelly! Go head-on with Outrage again!" Shelly and Kingdra charged towards each other, both at there full power. As they approached each other, both Paige and Clair were getting worried that their pokemon may faint, and lose the battle. Then, they collided, and there was a small tremor in the gym. They were both sent flying back. But surely enough, Shelly stood right back up, and Kingdra had fainted, mostly because of the two Dragon Dances that Shelly had applied, which made Outrage much more powerful.

"Kingdra is unable to battle," The referee, Paige's father, announced. "which means that the challenger, Paige, is victorious, and will recieve a Rising Badge!"

Paige cheered with joy at her victory. "Yes! We did it, Shelly!" She ran and hugged her pokemon. "You deserve such a great rest." Paige pointed Shelly's pokeball at her pokemon, and Shelly retreated to it. Paige gladly walked past her father, and smiled. He gave her a proud look that said "Good job.", and she walked up to Clair to receive her 8th gym badge.

Clair was obviously upset, but accepted her defeat, since it was from a friend. She put her pokemon into a pokeball, and looked at Paige. "Congratulations on defeating me, and receiving your 8th badge of Johto." Clair smiled, and handed Paige the badge. "You very well deserve this, and now you can finally challenge the Elite 4!"

"Thank you so much, Clair! I won't dissapoint you! I'll see you soon!" Paige hurried out the gym, and Clair waved to her. She headed to the Pokemon Center to heal her team. Then, she went home, and knocked on the door. Her mother appeared in front of her. "I did it!"

Very interesting plot!

Why, thank you *bows* And for your spectacular bio: *applause*. Please refer to Johto Trainer's bio for the example that I failed to make <.< >.>

Anyway, Johto Trainer: you are Approved

Why thank you, Night ^_^

I just hope I'm as good an RPer as I am a writer (It's not really my hobby, I'm just good at it.) I can't wait to start!

Why thank you, Night ^_^

I just hope I'm as good an RPer as I am a writer (It's not really my hobby, I'm just good at it.) I can't wait to start!

You are ^^ That RP sample was great.

Yup. I can't either.

Wait do gym leaders have abilities? And what about the field bit?

Ok, here we go:

Name: Jarret Wake

Date of Birth: April 30, 1992

Appearance: Wears a black shirt with a Fire type symbol. His hair is black and he has blue eyes (though when his power reaches maximum level, they turn orange). He has a red leather jacket and pants with a police symbol on the back. His facial appearence is normally intense, fierce and he's Japanese looking.

Personality: Cold, sometimes harsh, can be very agressive when seeking revenge, possibly taking things to an extreme. When you get through to him, he's actuelly a really nice person though. Despite his cold personality, he's completely willing to get help when need be. He treats his Pokemon with great respect and kindness and will protect them if he has to. He also refuses to allow an innocent person to die if its possible for him to prevent it. He also tends to use Japanese honorifics when refering to people (like he refers to Kristin as Kristin-sama, a show of respect due to her status as a gym leader and Hank as Hank-chan, refering to his nature as a child and someone he has kinship to)

History: He's the adopted son of Crasher Wake (thus why he looks nothing like him), but didn't want to be a gym leader, instead going into police and becoming a police detective, despite his young age. When Wake was murderered, many wanted him to take his place as Gym Leader to keep the family alive, but he turned it down, at least for the time being, in order to hunt down the killer. Despite orders to bring the murderer in alive if possible, he presently has no desire to do so.

He also blaims himself as he feels he could've prevented his father's death had he been there, his powers would've allowed him to take the bullets without much harm. He discovered his powers during an investigation when he instinctively activated them to save himself. Still, he's not able to fully control his powers. He also took Wake's Floatzel because it was his father's favorite Pokemon and threats him very well. He is not working as a top investiagtor on the invesitigation into the killings and has devoloped a kinship with Hank, almost brotherly, due to them having both lost their fathers to the same killer.

Pokémon: All his Pokemon are contained in special Poke Balls designed to be impervious to his powers (and thus are more durible than a normal Poke Ball) and are marked by a police insignia to identify them if need be.

Charzard (Wildfire)

His starter Pokemon. He got Wildfire as a little Charmender and raised it well. Wildfire is rather kind and remembers what Jarret was like before his personality changed. Its very loyal. Wake had Charzard imported for Jarret from Kanto.

Mightyena (Rex)

Jarret's 'police dog', he got Rex when he started out and uses him as a police attack dog. Rex is also very protective of Jarret and would take a bullet for him if he had to.

Arcanine (Nova)

A female Arcanine he got when he was an officer as a Growlithe (like most police officers). She is motherly to his and others Pokemon and very protective. She's also Rex's mate (if ok).

Skuntank (Rose)

Caught as a Stunky and a shiny Pokemon. He named her rose due to her coloration. She's rather shy to other Pokemon, though when needed to work she's as strongwilled as Jarret's other Pokemon. He normally uses her to spray suspects that try to run so they're easily tracted. Strangely, Jarret likes her scent.

Ninjask (Strike)

Caught as a Nincada. His main use, other than battle, is to dig underground to trap incoming criminals. When evolution occured, a Shedinja was created but Jarret left him at the Gym.

Floatzel

Crasher Wake's Floatzel, when he was killed, Jarret took his favorite Pokemon in memory of him. Despite being the adopted son of a Water Type trainer, Floatzel is Jarret's only Water Type but still a powerful Pokemon reguardless. Jarret takes excellent care of it in memory of his father.

Not on hand:

Shedinja (Angel)

The result of Jarret's Strike evolving, becoming a Ninjask and leaving behind a Shedinja. He presently doesn't use Angel, having left it to guard the gym from further attack.

Hometown: Pastoria Town.

Ability: Jarret has the ability to use his body as a living battery. He can absorb any type of energy, though kinatic energy isn't fully absorbed, it still allows him to withstand impacts that'd kill a normal human, like a gunshot, with only far less severe wounds. However, a draw back is he cannot willingly release it, at least not yet. His only option is to allow it to build up to its maximum, at which point it'll release in an energy blast, but he has no control over this, making him escentually a walking bomb when he reaches the max his body can contain. However, if he needs to do so, he can have his Pokemon attack him to trigger it. He also can't control absorbing electrical energy, meaning he may accidentally drain electrical devices through physical contact.

How's that? If his power is too strong, I can change it.

Since you RP with me all the time, do I really need a sample? I will if you want me to. Just wondering.

Last edited:
I mean, say she ran into... oh, a Ralts. Now, Ralts can use telekinesis, correct? Well, if she touched the Ralts, she would gain the ability of telekinesis as well. But I was thinking maybe only for a limited time, say... an hour or so? Perhaps two?

Wait do gym leaders have abilities? And what about the field bit?

...Sure. That's for defining if your character is going to be part of the investigational group, or if he/she is going to take Kirstin's class.

Ok, here we go:

Name: Jarret Wake

Date of Birth: April 30, 1992

Appearance: Wears a black shirt with a Fire type symbol. His hair is black and he has blue eyes (though when his power reaches maximum level, they turn orange). He has a red leather jacket and pants with a police symbol on the back.

Personality: Cold, sometimes harsh, can be very agressive when seeking revenge, possibly taking things to an extreme. When you get through to him, he's actuelly a really nice person though. Despite his cold personality, he's completely willing to get help when need be.

History: He's the adopted son of Crasher Wake (thus why he looks nothing like him), but didn't want to be a gym leader, instead going into police and becoming a police detective, despite his young age. When Wake was murderered, many wanted him to take his place as Gym Leader to keep the family alive, but he turned it down, at least for the time being, in order to hunt down the killer. Despite orders to bring the murderer in alive if possible, he presently has no desire to do so.

He also blaims himself as he feels he could've prevented his father's death had he been there, due to his powers. He discovered his powers during an investigation when he instinctively activated them to save himself. Still, he's not able to fully control his powers. He also took Wake's Floatzel because it was his father's favorite Pokemon.

Pokémon: All his Pokemon are contained in special Poke Balls designed to be impervious to his powers (and thus are more durible than a normal Poke Ball) and are marked by a police insignia to identify them if need be.

Charzard (Wildfire)

His starter Pokemon. He got Wildfire as a little Charmender and raised it well. Wildfire is rather kind and remembers what Jarret was like before his personality changed. Its very loyal. Wake had Charzard imported for Jarret from Kanto.

Mightyena (Rex)

Jarret's 'police dog', he got Rex when he started out and uses him as a police attack dog. Rex is also very protective of Jarret and would take a bullet for him if he had to.

Arcanine (Nova)

A female Arcanine he got when he was an officer as a Growlithe (like most police officers). She is motherly to his and others Pokemon and very protective. She's also Rex's mate (if ok).

Skuntank (Rose)

Caught as a Stunky and a shiny Pokemon. He named her rose due to her coloration. She's rather shy to other Pokemon, though when needed to work she's as strongwilled as Jarret's other Pokemon. He normally uses her to spray suspects that try to run so they're easily tracted. Strangely, Jarret likes her scent.

Ninjask (Strike)

Caught as a Nincada. His main use, other than battle, is to dig underground to trap incoming criminals. When evolution occured, a Shedinja was created but Jarret left him at the Gym.

Floatzel

Crasher Wake's Floatzel, when he was killed, Jarret took his favorite Pokemon in memory of him. Despite being the adopted son of a Water Type trainer, Floatzel is Jarret's only Water Type but still a powerful Pokemon reguardless. Jarret takes excellent care of it in memory of his father.

Not on hand:

Shedinja (Angel)

The result of Jarret's Strike evolving, becoming a Ninjask and leaving behind a Shedinja. He presently doesn't use Angel, having left it to guard the gym from further attack.

Hometown: Pastoria Town.

Ability: Jarret has the ability to use his body as a living battery. He can absorb any type of energy, though kinatic energy isn't fully absorbed, it still allows him to withstand impacts that'd kill a normal human, like a gunshot, with only far less severe wounds. However, a draw back is he cannot willingly release it, at least not yet. His only option is to allow it to build up to its maximum, at which point it'll release in an energy blast, but he has no control over this, making him escentually a walking bomb when he reaches the max his body can contain. However, if he needs to do so, he can have his Pokemon attack him to trigger it. He also can't control absorbing electrical energy, meaning he may accidentally drain electrical devices through physical contact.

How's that? If his power is too strong, I can change it.

Since you RP with me all the time, do I really need a sample? I will if you want me to. Just wondering.

This looks great, but... could you add 1 or 2 sentences to Jarret's Appearance, Personality, and History? Otherwise I would have a approved you ^^ And no, you don't have to make a RP Sample ^^; I should have told you that earlier. Pending

I mean, say she ran into... oh, a Ralts. Now, Ralts can use telekinesis, correct? Well, if she touched the Ralts, she would gain the ability of telekinesis as well. But I was thinking maybe only for a limited time, say... an hour or so? Perhaps two?

...We can test it out in the RP. For now, yes, but if it begins to get on my or other RPers nerves, you'll have to change it.

Also...

-Announcement-

I would really like if some of your characters would please choose "Ghost Whispering" as your character(s)'s field. It seems that Investigation is getting a little too popular if these are all of the people that will sign up, or if this is all of the characters that will sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom