• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi event: Will be first Pokémon to be distrib

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi Event: Will be first Pokémon to be distributed over ...

Nintendo of Europe has recently announced that players of the PAL versions of {{bp|Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Versions

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi Event: Will be first Pokémon to be dis

YES! I'm so glad that this is being done by WiFi. TPCi - Much love, babes.

Re: Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi Event: Will be first Pokémon to be dis

If I already have an American Pikachu Colored Pichu on Platinum, can or can I not also get the European Pikachu Colored Pichu?

I love that this is happening by Wifi. It needs to happen a lot more.

I hope to get at least one, maybe two.

If I already have an American Pikachu Colored Pichu on Platinum, can or can I not also get the European Pikachu Colored Pichu?

Is it an American Platinum or a European Platinum? Did you get it via trade or Wonder Card? The event will work if you have not yet gotten the specific Wonder Card and if you have the correct version of the game.

What is PAL versions? And shouldn't it say Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, the way it is now, it seams as you can't get it whit Platinum :p

Woot! Down with Store-Events, up with WiFi!

Happy for the europeans.
We need some of this next stuff to happen to NA and other places around the world.

Thanks.

What is PAL versions? And shouldn't it say Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, the way it is now, it seams as you can't get it whit Platinum :p

PAL is a game publication territory. Basically it means the versions released in Europe, Australia, and various other places that fall under the PAL territory. A game that isn't from the PAL territory won't be able to download this event.

Here is a map that shows the PAL territories:
800px-PAL-NTSC-

*steams*
THAT'S GREAT FOR THEM.
*Is Canadian*
Seriously, this just shows that they have nothing against wi-fi for these events. So why don't they use wi-fi?! That would be awesome! When America gets wi-fi events, so does Canada, but America isn't going to get this event AGAIN, so Canada will never get it, as the rest of the freakin' world does.

Is it an American Platinum or a European Platinum? Did you get it via trade or Wonder Card? The event will work if you have not yet gotten the specific Wonder Card and if you have the correct version of the game.

European cartridge, and got the American PCP in a trade, :3 Thanks, I think I know now.

PAL is a game publication territory. Basically it means the versions released in Europe, Australia, and various other places that fall under the PAL territory. A game that isn't from the PAL territory won't be able to download this event.

Here is a map that shows the PAL territories:
800px-PAL-NTSC-

No.

PAL is the term used for our Television format, as opposed to the NTSC that you use in America. It's actually completely incorrect to refer to these games as 'PAL' versions as they are not, in any way, shape or form, related to televisions. The only types of games that can have PAL versions are console games - and even that is pretty obsolete as PAL conversion in games was typically just reducing the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz. A practice that is no longer necessary - or even used all that often on today's systems.

Also, I'm fairly certain Australia isn't included in these European events - despite being a 'PAL' region - so it's just plain confusing to be using the term here, never mind the fact it's simply doesn't apply.

No.

PAL is the term used for our Television format, as opposed to the NTSC that you use in America. It's actually completely incorrect to refer to these games as 'PAL' versions as they are not, in any way, shape or form, related to televisions. The only types of games that can have PAL versions are console games - and even that is pretty obsolete as PAL conversion in games was typically just reducing the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz. A practice that is no longer necessary - or even used all that often on today's systems.

Also, I'm fairly certain Australia isn't included in these European events - despite being a 'PAL' region - so it's just plain confusing to be using the term here, never mind the fact it's simply doesn't apply.

I see. Thanks for the correction on the whole PAL matter.

So, I guess the download would be just for the European versions of DPPt.

I'm conflicted because for once they are being good and having it distributed over wifi, but they didn't bother to do anything for Canadians :/

It at least makes me hopeful that future events will all be wifi. At least this means that there may be more PCP out for trade.

Hmmm, I got the European Version (Spanish) of Pokémon Diamond, and thought it would work, but it didn't! I don't know why, because the japanese wi-fi events just need you to have the japanese game, and I could get The 10th Anniversary Mew and I'm not in Japan, so what happened this time?

Events are released at 12:00 or 13:00 of the programmed date sometimes so I guess you'll have to wait a little before you can try downloading the Wonder Card again. It's not 10:00 yet even for GMT+2/+3 European countries.

Events are released at 12:00 or 13:00 of the programmed date sometimes so I guess you'll have to wait a little before you can try downloading the Wonder Card again. It's not 10:00 yet even for GMT+2/+3 European countries.

Thanks, I though it was Friday Afternoon there D=

Re: Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi event: Will be first Pokémon to be dis

This is nice to finally see a Wi-Fi event.

I believe this is the third Pikachu Colored Pichu to be released. (Japan, U.S., Europe)

Now just to fix my Wi-Fi connection.

By the way it is only Friday morning over here Delcatty.

Re: Europe to get Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Wi-Fi event: Will be first Pokémon to be dis

I've read elsewhere that it's possible this Wi-Fi event could be accessible to North American English game cartridges, as well. The European distributions typically have 5 Wonder Cards for each event, in 5 different languages (English, French, Germain, Italian, and Spanish). The distribution program send out the appropriate card based on the language of the client game.

Personally I think Nintendo may've programmed the European English game carts to look on a different server for their Wi-Fi Mystery Gifts than the North American English ones do, however it's still possible we all may be able to download this particular event.

Though keep in mind, if this is downloadable to North American games... it's entirely possible a future North American event may use the same Wonder Card ID# that this European Pichu is going to be using (European, North American and Japanese Wonder Cards usually don't use the same ID# for equivalent events). If you download this one, you'll be unable to download that future North American event. The Wonder Card ID# is what your game saves (even after you've trashed the wonder card) in order to stop you from downloading the same event again.

I think that the Wonder Cards are sent out to specific serial numbers. For example, if they wanted it to be for American DPPt only, they'd set it to allow only games with serials NTR-ADAE-USA, NTR-APAE-USA, and NTR-CPUE-USA. They want it available for everything, they'd set it for all the serials.

OR SO I ASSUME.

After all, the UK does get different serials than we do, I believe.

Fun fact: the serials of Pokémon games mean something. Diamond and Pearl match except for the D and the P, which are both respective. HeartGold and SoulSilver similarly match, although in a different manner: HeartGold is NTR-IPKJ-JPN, SoulSilver is NTR-IPGJ-JPN. K and G... Kin and Gin. Gold and Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom