• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Eu

Never said it was America's fault. In fact, no one did =3. The problem is, in the UK, there isn't such a positive view on America, especially as some view us going into Iraq and Afghanistan to be America's fault, and then there's the Gary McKinnon thing...sure, there was the Lockerbie bomber, but Wikileaks shown that our government was threatened into doing it...basically, it's more than just Pokémon xD.

I did actually email TPCi asking if they could use the Kanji/Katakana feature, turning it into U.S. English / U.K. English.

Nobody out right said it was America's fault, but with Riku saying stuff like "Or will American arrogance prevail?", is derogatory and immature. I read between the lines and I received the feeling of blame.

There is no need to gloat, however. Celebrate, sure, but there is a big difference between celebrating and gloating. The latter of which most users here are doing.

Re: European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Eu

I don't know, so far, all I see is a European making the rest of you guys look bad with his pettiness.

Where's this class that smugleaf prides itself in.
Pfft take a joke xD

The EU finally gets something great, we should be allowed our 15 minutes of fame; especially as ONM UK listed Black and White as the most anticipated DS game of 2011 =3.

Pfft take a joke xD

The EU finally gets something great, we should be allowed our 15 minutes of fame; especially as ONM UK listed Black and White as the most anticipated DS game of 2011 =3.
Your meme pic was funny. Certain other comment(s) weren't jokes and seemed posted completely out of spite. There's a difference between celebration and pure spite.

Can't stress how much I agree. Especially the part I bolded :p No offense to US, in case any is felt.

It's felt, but most certainly not from you.

Pfft take a joke xD

EU was going to get something regardless.

Your meme pic was funny. Certain other comment(s) weren't jokes and seemed posted completely out of spite. There's a difference between celebration and pure spite.

That's exactly what I said in my previous comment, but I like the way you said it better.

Touché. Just, when only that post was quoted, it seemed...y'know.

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, there has unfortunately been a lot of Anti-US sentiment in the UK (and in fact, anti-EU sentiments in some factions) due to various problems we've had over here, so that gets mixed in, so some of us may sound a bit offensive.

Won't affect many posters in this thread, but it's lined up for a '10th release in Australia. Edited Bulbapedia.

The EU finally gets something great, we should be allowed our 15 minutes of fame

True. Decades and decades of neglection with Nintendo releases, but we finally get... two days extra. Woop.

I think I'll have fun playing Pokémon Black on those two days and discovering loads of new things translation-wise, while the US complain. Just in case you want more proof of the neglection, look at this:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Japan: 23/10/1988
North America: 12/2/1990
Europe: 29/8/1991

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
Japan: 28/9/2006
North America: 22/4/2007
Europe: 27/7/2007

Hopefully the tables will be turned now for the next three decades. And you can't complain.

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, there has unfortunately been a lot of Anti-US sentiment in the UK (and in fact, anti-EU sentiments in some factions) due to various problems we've had over here, so that gets mixed in, so some of us may sound a bit offensive.

This is a Pokemon forum, I'd like to think whatever rivalries and problems our countries have, that we could put that aside and enjoy what we signed up on these forums to enjoy.

I'm glad that TPCi is finally closing the gap between game releases because that just means more people to trade and battle over WiFi sooner. May not be simultaneous, but the gap's practically negligible in comparison to what it once was.

But what are the odds the Americans here will still insist on keeping the American countdown?

I don't know, what are the odds you keep commenting on that here rather than being proactive and actually brining this issue to the right place so it can be fixed?

Or would you prefer to sit here and continue to go on about how Americans are unfair despite the large number of Europeans editing Bulbapedia and the webmaster being Australian?

This is a Pokemon forum, I'd like to think whatever rivalries and problems our countries have, that we could put that aside and enjoy what we signed up on these forums to enjoy.

I'm glad that TPCi is finally closing the gap between game releases because that just means more people to trade and battle over WiFi sooner. May not be simultaneous, but the gap's practically negligible in comparison to what it once was.

I don't know, what are the odds you keep commenting on that here rather than being proactive and actually brining this issue to the right place so it can be fixed?

Or would you prefer to sit here and continue to go on about how Americans are unfair despite the large number of Europeans editing Bulbapedia and the webmaster being Australian?

Exactly. That's why I liked being on these forums because I always got the feeling that no matter how different we are, we're all global citizens and can respect one another.

Nobody out right said it was America's fault, but with Riku saying stuff like "Or will American arrogance prevail?", is derogatory and immature. I read between the lines and I received the feeling of blame.

You should never ASSUME, it makes an ass of U and Me. I'd apologise for hurting your feelings but you are clearly overly sensitive if a few Europeans celebrating getting a game earlier than you upsets you. Time to man up don't you think?

Besides you took my quote completely out of context. "Or will American arrogance prevail?" Is talking about how the guys in charge of Bulbapedia previously refused to give the Europeans a countdown clock, with the tiny excuse of citing the fact they only counted to the first english release, and now I am guessing they will refuse to change it to 4th March even though that will be the first English release because Bulpaedia is slightly American ego-centric and there is a degree of arrogance in there. And yes I know the webmaster is Australian. But there isn't even an Australian countdown.

It will be interesting if I am proved wrong and the countdown clock is changed, but I'm certain those in charge will make us all use the American one still. I don't particularly have a problem with America, but there is a distinct sense of some sort of American exceptionalism in some people.

Calm down everyone. This thread is about the release date of the games in Europe. Nothing else.

Yeah, but it's a shame the world isn't black and white like that :)D)

The gap's been closing for a while. Platinum was 2 months, HGSS was 12 days, and now BW is -2 days. This is probably a one-off though; the games are translated in America after all. Me and my fellow Europeans should enjoy it while it lasts. Nintendo probably wanted them as close together now, because BW is supposed to be a fresh start. Shame they messed it up with having Australia 6 days later; usually they're only a day or so away from the EU date.

Closed due to derailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom