• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Europe before in ...

The United Kingdom release date of Pokémon Black and White has been confirmed as the previously rumored release date of March 4, 2011. This date is two days before the US release, making it the first main series game to be released in Europe before the United States.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Eu

The following image about sums up my reaction to this:

dr-evil.jpg

Finally we get a main pokémon game first! <3

Re: European Black and White release confirmed: First main series game released in Eu

Yay! *starts dancing like a lunatic*
I'm a little more excited than i should be. *goes to preorder in order to get before Us* >:3

Finally, America's unfair head start is over. It was so annoying with Platinum spending 2 months watching Americans play the game, while we had all got sick and tired of Diamond and Pearl. Now America has to watch us play while they feel left out. Unfortunately it's only 2 days though.

Can someone change the countdown clock on the front of Bulbapedia to 4th March. When I asked why there was never a countdown to the European release they told me it was because they were only counting down to the first English release so now they can change it to the European one instead of the American one can't they??? Or will American arrogance prevail?

It's nice that we get the game first.

Bring on Black and White!

I can't wait for it to get changed. I feel so evil... >:3

Surreal, but, at the same time, awesome. :D

About time.

Oh and change the countdown clock from 6th March to 4th March as it is no longer the first English release, which was the reason I was given for why it's only America (and Japan for Japanese) that get a countdown.

But what are the odds the Americans here will still insist on keeping the American countdown?

Finally, America's unfair head start is over. It was so annoying with Platinum spending 2 months watching Americans play the game, while we had all got sick and tired of Diamond and Pearl. Now America has to watch us play while they feel left out. Unfortunately it's only 2 days though.

Can someone change the countdown clock on the front of Bulbapedia to 4th March. When I asked why there was never a countdown to the European release they told me it was because they were only counting down to the first English release so now they can change it to the European one instead of the American one can't they??? Or will American arrogance prevail?

I do not understand all this hate towards America and it is honestly quite annoying. You act as if America purposely sets out to make the EU release date of games later just so we can gloat about it. I have never once showed-off about how America gets the game before EU. Generalizations are a horrible thing to do.

Again, you should be thanking the merger between Pokemon UK and Pokemon USA for these early, close release dates instead of gloating about it.

Since Snivy is European, he probably used his smug charms on Nintendo ("Get Snivy with Attract"?) About time we got a none-crap game first.

U_MAD.jpg

I do not understand all this hate towards America and it is honestly quite annoying. You act as if America purposely sets out to make the EU release date of games later just so we can gloat about it. I have never once showed-off about how America gets the game before EU. Generalizations are a horrible thing to do.

Again, you should be thanking the merger between Pokemon UK and Pokemon USA for these early, close release dates instead of gloating about it.
Being from the UK, a lot of the bitterness comes from the fact that we have had to wait about half a year in the past, yet, the games are exactly the same as the American versions (bar Platinum) - they don't even give us UK English. Considering the only releases we've had before you guys until now were rubbish games, I think we should be allowed a bit of time to gloat to make up for the bitterness xD

The Gen 5 English Premiére date on the Gen 5 page was changed to fit this, the countdown should too.

Last edited:

YAY! Not because we get it before America (in a gloating way) but there's no two month wait as I predicted! I'm happy I'm wrong! Finally! Well, maybe next game it'll be even closer to the Japanese release date. What I'm hoping for.

No fair TPCi is in America.

I dont think that'll happen unless TCPi had all info about the games while they were in development and could start working on translating, naming the pokemon and other Characters. This is very unlikely to happen.

To be fair, with HGSS, I saw Spanish and German screenshots before any English-language ones. Translation for all regions probably occurs simultaniously now, it's just a matter of distribution.

The Pokémon Company International were probably aiming for a simultaneous launch, but as games are released in the UK on Friday, compared to America's Sunday, there's a slight time-gap.

Being from the UK, a lot of the bitterness comes from the fact that we have had to wait about half a year in the past, yet, the games are exactly the same as the American versions (bar Platinum) - they don't even give us UK English. Considering the only releases we've had before you guys until now were rubbish games, I think we should be allowed a bit of time to gloat to make up for the bitterness xD

The Gen 5 English Premiére date on the Gen 5 page was changed to fit this, the countdown should too.

I completely understand where your frustration is coming from, but what I don't understand is the hate towards America like it's our fault that the EU release date is so far behind the US.

This merger has slowly improved things over the past two years and in my opinion, it'll only get better. Maybe one day there will be a UK English version. Maybe one day there will be a universal release date.

I completely understand where your frustration is coming from, but what I don't understand is the hate towards America like it's our fault that the EU release date is so far behind the US.

This merger has slowly improved things over the past two years and in my opinion, it'll only get better. Maybe one day there will be a UK English version. Maybe one day there will be a universal release date.
Never said it was America's fault. In fact, no one did =3. The problem is, in the UK, there isn't such a positive view on America, especially as some view us going into Iraq and Afghanistan to be America's fault, and then there's the Gary McKinnon thing...sure, there was the Lockerbie bomber, but Wikileaks shown that our government was threatened into doing it...basically, it's more than just Pokémon xD.

I did actually email TPCi asking if they could use the Kanji/Katakana feature, turning it into U.S. English / U.K. English.

I don't know, so far, all I see is a European making the rest of you guys look bad with his pettiness.

Where's this class that smugleaf prides itself in.

Can't stress how much I agree. Especially the part I bolded :p No offense to US, in case any is felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom