• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Which contestants do you like best?

• 01 Moldova: Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira - Run Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 02 Russia: Peter Nalitch & Friends - Lost And Forgotten

• 06 Latvia: Aisha - What For?

• 08 Bosnia & Herzegovina: Vukašin Brajić - Thunder And Lightning

• 11 Malta: Thea Garrett - My Dream

• 12 Albania: Juliana Pasha - It's All About You

• 15 FYR Macedonia: Gjoko Taneski - Jas Ja Imam Silata

• 03 Israel: Harel Skaat - Milim

• 04 Denmark: Chanée & N'evergreen - In A Moment Like This

• 05 Switzerland: Michael von der Heide - Il Pleut de L'Or

• 06 Sweden: Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life

• 07 Azerbaijan: Safura - Drip Drop

• 08 Ukraine: Alyosha - Sweet People

• 10 Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire

• 11 Slovenia: Ansambel Žlindra & Kalamari - Narodnozabavni Rock

• 12 Ireland: Niamh Kavanagh - It's For You

• 13 Bulgaria: Miro - Angel Si Ti

• 14 Cyprus: Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders - Life Looks Better In Spring

• 15 Croatia: Feminnem - Lako Je Sve

• 16 Georgia: Sofia Nizharadze - Shine

• Norway: Didrik Solli-Tangen - My Heart Is Yours

• United Kingdom: Josh - That Sounds Good To Me

• I dislike them all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulweaver

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Official website: http://eurovision.tv/.

Yes, it's that time of the year again. The annual song contest, Eurovision Song Contest, between several countries of Europe and a few other ones will again be held in this May. Since Norway won last year, the contest is held in Oslo on 29th May, with semifinals on 25th and 27th May. This year, there will be 39 contestants. There will be no new participating countries, but Georgia returns after being absent in 2009 Russian ESC. From the last years's participants, Andorra, Czech Republic, Hungary and Montenegro skip this year's contest.

According to Wikipedia, in addition to the participating countries, the show will be broadcasted in Australia, New Zealand, Hungary, Kazakhstan, and Kosovo. It will also be available as a online stream here.

Since it's already only a few weeks away, most or all countries have already their contestant locked, so it's safe to discuss them :) Here are the contestants, click the name to listen the song and see the music video (from the official channel).

Old listing under this spoiler.
First semifinal
Bolded countries were qualified to the final.
01 Moldova: Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira - Run Away
02 Russia: Peter Nalitch & Friends - Lost And Forgotten
03 Estonia: Malcolm Lincoln - Siren
04 Slovakia: Kristina Pelakova - Horehronie
05 Finland: Kuunkuiskaajat - Työlki ellää
06 Latvia: Aisha - What For?
07 Serbia: Milan Stanković - Ovo Je Balkan
08 Bosnia & Herzegovina: Vukašin Brajić - Thunder And Lightning
09 Poland: Marcin Mroziński - Legenda
10 Belgium: Tom Dice - Me And My Guitar
11 Malta: Thea Garrett - My Dream
12 Albania: Juliana Pasha - It's All About You
13 Greece: Giorgos Alkaios & Friends - OPA
14 Portugal: Filipa Azevedo - Há Dias Assim
15 Former Yugoslav Republic Macedonia: Gjoko Taneski - Jas Ja Imam Silata
16 Belarus: 3+2 - Butterflies
17 Iceland: Hera Björk - Je Ne Sais Quoi

Second semifinal
Bolded countries were qualified to the final.
01 Lithuania: InCulto - East European Funk
02 Armenia: Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone
03 Israel: Harel Skaat - Milim
04 Denmark: Chanée & N'evergreen - In A Moment Like This
05 Switzerland: Michael von der Heide - Il Pleut de L'Or
06 Sweden: Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life
07 Azerbaijan: Safura - Drip Drop
08 Ukraine: Alyosha - Sweet People
09 The Netherlands: Sieneke - Ik Ben Verliefd (Sha-la-lie)
10 Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire
11 Slovenia: Ansambel Žlindra & Kalamari - Narodnozabavni Rock
12 Ireland: Niamh Kavanagh - It's For You
13 Bulgaria: Miro - Angel Si Ti
14 Cyprus: Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders - Life Looks Better In Spring
15 Croatia: Feminnem - Lako Je Sve
16 Georgia: Sofia Nizharadze - Shine
17 Turkey: maNga - We Could Be The Same

Major funding countries & last year's winner (bye to the final)
02 Spain: Daniel Diges - Algo Pequeñito (Something Tiny)
03 Norway: Didrik Solli-Tangen - My Heart Is Yours
12 United Kingdom: Josh - That Sounds Good To Me
18 France: Jessy Matador - Allez, Ola Olé
22 Germany: Lena - Satellite

Final contestants
01 Azerbaijan: Safura - Drip Drop
02 Spain: Daniel Diges - Algo Pequeñito (Something Tiny)
03 Norway: Didrik Solli-Tangen - My Heart Is Yours
04 Moldova: Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira - Run Away
05 Cyprus: Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders - Life Looks Better In Spring
06 Bosnia & Herzegovina: Vukašin Brajić - Thunder And Lightning
07 Belgium: Tom Dice - Me And My Guitar
08 Serbia: Milan Stanković - Ovo Je Balkan
09 Belarus: 3+2 - Butterflies
10 Ireland: Niamh Kavanagh - It's For You
11 Greece: Giorgos Alkaios & Friends - OPA
12 United Kingdom: Josh - That Sounds Good To Me
13 Georgia: Sofia Nizharadze - Shine
14 Turkey: maNga - We Could Be The Same
15 Albania: Juliana Pasha - It's All About You
16 Iceland: Hera Björk - Je Ne Sais Quoi
17 Ukraine: Alyosha - Sweet People
18 France: Jessy Matador - Allez, Ola Olé
19 Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire
20 Russia: Peter Nalitch & Friends - Lost And Forgotten
21 Armenia: Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone
22 Germany: Lena - Satellite
23 Portugal: Filipa Azevedo - Há Dias Assim
24 Israel: Harel Skaat - Milim
25 Denmark: Chanée & N'evergreen - In A Moment Like This

Countries not in the final
Bulgaria: Miro - Angel Si Ti
Croatia: Feminnem - Lako Je Sve
Estonia: Malcolm Lincoln - Siren
Finland: Kuunkuiskaajat - Työlki ellää
Former Yugoslav Republic Macedonia: Gjoko Taneski - Jas Ja Imam Silata
Latvia: Aisha - What For?
Lithuania: InCulto - East European Funk
Malta: Thea Garrett - My Dream
The Netherlands: Sieneke - Ik Ben Verliefd (Sha-la-lie)
Poland: Marcin Mroziński - Legenda
Slovakia: Kristina Pelakova - Horehronie
Slovenia: Ansambel Žlindra & Kalamari - Narodnozabavni Rock
Sweden: Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life
Switzerland: Michael von der Heide - Il Pleut de L'Or

Which contestants do you like the best? I put up there a multi-choice poll. :p I haven't yet listened to all the second semifinal contestants or the bye finalists, but this far I've liked Lithuania's, Estonia's and Armenia's songs. Iceland's was decent too, though I don't like the singer that much. See below for more recent opinions.

(Of course, feel free to vote in the poll even if you don't live in a participating country :))

Inform me if, for some reason, the official Eurovision YouTube channel is blocked in your country, and I'll try to find the songs elsewhere.

Last edited:
I remember watching this last year (my dad has a Turkish satellite hooked up on our house). There was a metal band that was dressed like monsters...that was pretty funny.I'll probably check this out later.

That was lordi in 2006 man. Anyway, good to see we're not seeing in English, we do much better in our language. Sad to see no cheep metal band for the Icy North.

Moved to Outside the Box.

The moving killed the poll that was attached to this thread; any way to get it back? (Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I just still don't like and understand this new messy TWB setup :/ )

----

Also, in addition to those three I listed in the first post, Turkey's song wasn't bad either. The others are... nah, not so good.

Last edited:
The UK song is cool but i think the girl should have won Your Country Needs You -(the contest to pick the singer)

Where's ABBA? j/k, j/k. Um, I'm going to bump your thread just because I like the idea of it. I can't really say that I listen to anything remotely similar to any of these songs, but it was cool to check 'em out, I guess. If I had to cast a vote somewhere, I would probably go for Portugal or Bulgaria. Haha. Neat.

I've never heard of this contest before, but I think it sounds really cool. I can't right now, but I'd like to listen to all the songs sometime.

Where's ABBA? j/k, j/k. Um, I'm going to bump your thread just because I like the idea of it. I can't really say that I listen to anything remotely similar to any of these songs, but it was cool to check 'em out, I guess. If I had to cast a vote somewhere, I would probably go for Portugal or Bulgaria. Haha. Neat.
Hey, thanks :p Yeah, most of this isn't the type I'd listen normally either, but there has been at least one song every year I've liked.

I've never heard of this contest before, but I think it sounds really cool. I can't right now, but I'd like to listen to all the songs sometime.
Yeah, it's one of the cool happenings in Europe :) I can imagine listening through all of them will take some time. If you don't have enough time, even listening to first 60 or even 30 seconds could give you the picture of what the entire song sounds like :p

After a long thinking, I decided the points I'd give if I was an individual country (in reality, I can of course vote just for one):
12 Lithuania
10 Armenia
8 Turkey
7 Estonia
6 France
5 Iceland
4 Poland
3 Greece
2 Slovakia
1 Romania

I'd love to see a band like Marduk represent Sweden. They make Lordi look like toddlers.

Coming from Belgium, I'm thoroughly ashamed. The song that was chosen (by the national broadcast corp instead of televoting) is boring, uninspired, unoriginal and thus completely took over the airwaves in recent weeks. I'd be relieved if we didn't make it past the semi-final again.

The first semifinal is less than 24 hours away, so I find this the perfect moment to revive the thread :D

I'd love to see a band like Marduk represent Sweden. They make Lordi look like toddlers.

Coming from Belgium, I'm thoroughly ashamed. The song that was chosen (by the national broadcast corp instead of televoting) is boring, uninspired, unoriginal and thus completely took over the airwaves in recent weeks. I'd be relieved if we didn't make it past the semi-final again.

Yeah, Tom and his guitar are one of the most boring contestants this year. Not so annoying as Azerbaijan or Ukraine, though.

Btw, the first post only briefly mentions the online stream, but the semifinals are streamed too. So tune in tomorrow night/day/whatever your local time it is at that time!

E: Whoa, this is sinking faster than a rock dropped into the water. Lol.

Last edited:
Hope the UK does better than they usually do ^^

Although they got fifth the previous final which wasn't so bad. Iceland's song last year was amazing :O

Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Poll, will be merged)

Will be merged into the other thread, one moment.

Edit: And done (~$¥)

US-E1: Thanks $¥, now the poll is back again :p I gotta update my opinions a bit. The performance of Iceland was superior to the preliminary video (the artist didn't move her head back and forth anymore), so I'm grown to like that song far more than before. With seven countries falling out of the competition, I gotta update my score table too.
12 Lithuania
10 Iceland
8 Turkey
7 Armenia
6 France
5 Greece
4 Romania
3 Albania
2 Israel
1 United Kingdom

Last edited:
I'm bummed that my country has been moved to the final. Now the entire country will be glued to their tv sets (well, except me) watching him perform :( he'll probably get knighted the moment he returns =/

As for me, I'll only watch the highlight of it on the news, so I can laugh hard when he ultimately fails.

It has dawned on me that I'm not being a good countryman right now :p

Shalali, shalala, shalali, shalala, het gaat niet uit m'n kop~

Stupid song. Without the lyrics pretty catchy though. It's just, those lyrics.

Seeing how I haven't listened to any of the songs yet (And using my computer that constantly laggs during videos it would take me 5 times as long as a normal person to listen to them all), I won't vote on the poll yet. I might during the actual finals though.

Now, I'm a bit disappointed. Lithuania, my favorite of this year, did not make it to the finals. But in the other hand, annoying ones like Ukraine (basically a rant song about everything) and Azerbaijan (drip drop drip drop drip drop OH GAWD CUT IT OFF ALREADY) did qualify. Oh well, at least Turkey went to the finals.

I'll edit the first post tomorrow with the finals contestant list.
E: Done.

Last edited:
I only watch the final, so I don't know any of the songs. I hope a really bad song doesn't win.

Only reminds me of that stupid song the UK did one year, about flying and aeroplanes. That was such a carp song, but incredibly catchy. D:

I only watch the final, so I don't know any of the songs. I hope a really bad song doesn't win.

Only reminds me of that stupid song the UK did one year, about flying and aeroplanes. That was such a carp song, but incredibly catchy. D:

The funding countries have had more or less crappy songs for many years now. Looks like this year will make a change to that, as I like France's, Germany's has been a big hit (and Google predicts it will win), and UK's is decent too. Spain goes with a bad song again, though.

Woo, only 25 minutes to the start of the show! Get at your TVs or open the Internet stream soon! :p

So Germany won, and my national pride wasn't hurt since our own Tom Dice failed to be even in a noteworthy rank.

I only caught the voting results (which I do every year) and stuck around to watch a bit of Germany's performance. I can safely say the song is bogus. No surprise it won.

I thought the Ukranian one was a very good singer. That's not all she was good at ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom