• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Articles

Virtual-Z

Take It Easy, Chicken
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the articles for lists of event Pokemon are sort of sub-par? They don't really show much information about the event, how the Pokemon could/can be downloaded, etc. Hell, even some images of promotional signage/commercials would be a nice touch.

Some do not even show WHERE they could be obtained. "Europe Shiny Raikou" doesn't really do much for me if I'm in Europe and want to find out where to get one of these.

I checked the lists of event Pokemon from 2009-2011, and it seems that the articles do not fall under a project. Though, of course, it's quite obvious that they should be part of Project Games.

I'd just like some thoughts and suggestions; I think these articles are not at their potential.

Absolutely. They should probably post links to more in depth articles in the event brief description

Oh wow, I actually got a reply.

Well in my opinion, a project (most likely Games) really needs to be assigned to work on the articles. Viewing this churns my stomach. You can't even tell what's going on.

I'll be glad to help once someone takes charge of the article.

Actually, I've been thinking that what we need are not (just) lists sorted by date, but by event Pokémon. It's pretty clear that the Celebi being released right now all over the world are the same in all regions, with the same forceful non-shiny status, held item, random nature, and moves, and just differ in OT and Id No. It would be more useful if we had a page like "Celebi (2010-2011 event)" that had a main part with everything all Celebi had in common (moves and item, and effect in HGSS and BW), and then a table with each region's distribution dates, OT and Id No. (as well as some posters or advertisements like Virtual-Z said). The same would apply for the Crown Beasts, Mew, the Pikachu-colored Pichu, Jirachi, Arceus, etc. Mostly those since Platinum, which is when worldwide and Wi-fi events really started kicking in.

EDIT: Or, now that I think about it, if the event is clearly based on an anime or movie Pokémon (like Celebi being based on Celebi (movie 13)), this could go in the same page (sort of like what the Crown Beasts already have, but expanded).

EDIT 2: See here for an incomplete example:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Memo326/Celebi_(movie_13)
(I fail at links, I know). Feel free to edit the hour and a half I'll be in class. =)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom