• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event distributions in gen 6

HRRlion

Logical Melon Fighter
Reaction score
So it's been 2 months now and xy have been released. The torchic event everyone got was great (untill you realise that with the breeding changes you can just breed speed boost torchic). I've sadly noticed that events have not been distributed anywhere as equal as they should have, worldwide release considered. Japans had like 15 events, America 3 and everywhere else one. The news that the shiny genesect distribution would be happening for korean pokemon fans made me die a little on the inside. The fact that it is extremely likely that us living outside of japan and kora can't have access to these events is something that should have been fixed a long time ago. I realize that Japan is the country of origin of pokemon so obviously they'd have more events, as well as cultural sepcific events like the numerous festivals, but things like this and the Anime Jirachi and the unnerve Mewtwo,etc we should have got. How do you think events will pan out from now on? What about events like the red genesect one? And how long till we get another proper event? Cheers for reading :)

I don't know what two other events you're talking about, unless you're including that Wal-Mart Scizor/Garchomp thing with XY purchases.

Anyway, the currently released events for Japan are all very local, specific events to promote Pokemon Centers or promote specific Pokemon centers such as one that recently opened. At other times, they're used to promote specific cultural events and places such as festivals, concerts, and bullet trains. This is just not something done in the US or the rest of the world mainly because the density elsewhere is not like it is in Japan and, while Pokemon is still very popular, it is not as feverishly popular as it is in Japan.Both of the ones you link to, the Jirachi and Mewtwo and Genesect, that applies to. The Mewtwo and Genesect were theater exclusives, and there's no theaters showing Pokemon movies elsewhere, and both of them were distributed (admittedly without Hidden Ability and shinyness, respectively) widely in Gen 5 already. Jirachi had a pretty good distribution during Gen 4 if I remember correctly, I think it was Wi-Fi as well.

And since Gen 4, the US, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand have gotten almost every, if not every, single event exclusive Pokemon in some form or another. Usually it is almost identical to the "movie" distribution Pokemon done in theaters for the Pokemon movies in Japan. The only major exception I can remember off the top of my head is that Australia/New Zeland never got the "movie" Manaphy, but Manaphy had a ton of other distributions in Gen 4 including being a bonus Pokemon in Ranger 1 and 2.

We'll get an event when it's announced. Rest assured the most people possible will be able to get them while they're officially available, and it is likely we'll get the event-exclusive ones and a handful of others as well. The game can be fully enjoyed without them and if there's some Pokemon you really want, you can always trade for it.

Given how it's still only two months into the game's release and the Torchic event isn't quite over yet, it's too early to play the "we need more events" card. How many event distributions were there for just BW2? Quite a few....

I don't know what two other events you're talking about, unless you're including that Wal-Mart Scizor/Garchomp thing with XY purchases.

Anyway, the currently released events for Japan are all very local, specific events to promote Pokemon Centers or promote specific Pokemon centers such as one that recently opened. At other times, they're used to promote specific cultural events and places such as festivals, concerts, and bullet trains. This is just not something done in the US or the rest of the world mainly because the density elsewhere is not like it is in Japan and, while Pokemon is still very popular, it is not as feverishly popular as it is in Japan.Both of the ones you link to, the Jirachi and Mewtwo and Genesect, that applies to. The Mewtwo and Genesect were theater exclusives, and there's no theaters showing Pokemon movies elsewhere, and both of them were distributed (admittedly without Hidden Ability and shinyness, respectively) widely in Gen 5 already. Jirachi had a pretty good distribution during Gen 4 if I remember correctly, I think it was Wi-Fi as well.

And since Gen 4, the US, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand have gotten almost every, if not every, single event exclusive Pokemon in some form or another. Usually it is almost identical to the "movie" distribution Pokemon done in theaters for the Pokemon movies in Japan. The only major exception I can remember off the top of my head is that Australia/New Zeland never got the "movie" Manaphy, but Manaphy had a ton of other distributions in Gen 4 including being a bonus Pokemon in Ranger 1 and 2.

We'll get an event when it's announced. Rest assured the most people possible will be able to get them while they're officially available, and it is likely we'll get the event-exclusive ones and a handful of others as well. The game can be fully enjoyed without them and if there's some Pokemon you really want, you can always trade for it.

I agree with you for the most part, but in a couple of ways they failed at fairly distributing certain events which are relevant to something that happened internationally and/or something exclusive to events. A couple of examples:

-Shiny Hydreigon/Golurk: This one tied right into the 14th movie, but never made it outside of Japan. It took them so long to release the Reshiram/Zekrom event for whatever reason that they apparently had no time for this one, which is a shame. In retrospect, I would've rather had the shinies because you can simply get the other Dragon in BW2.
-Pokemon Conquest Rayquaza: Now I know Conquest took a bit longer to be localized, but why didn't the Rayquaza come along with it? Would've been a great way to promote the game.
-Year of the Dragon shiny egg: You could make the argument that the Chinese Zodiac doesn't have the same cultural relevance in the West that it does in Japan, but we are aware of it to the point that they could've had this one and no one would've batted an eye. Also, they already celebrate Year of the Dragon in other ways internationally, most notably the introduction of Dragon type to the TCG.
-Lightningrod Pikachu: Was released in Japan and Europe, but never made it to NA. And since there's no way to get it in game, you have to trade it from someone in those regions. Good thing it was male, otherwise NA would be fucked.
-Genesect: The shiny Genesect event for this never made it over sadly, which means the BW2 release event was the only way to get it outside of Japan. Which is highly irritating because if you couldn't get BW2 at launch, you were basically SOL. Now I know that other games have done this in some form or another, but they've never made it so the ONLY way to get it is through launch events, the preorder events in one game were eventually rereleased in some form later on (Rotom's forms in Platinum were available in HGSS, Victini was rereleased for the 14th movie), and most other event Pokemon are released to ALL games in the same generation, so as long as you're keeping up with games of the newest generation, you're fine. I've never seen an event Pokemon so restrictive and hard to get since Pokemon events became widespread in 4th gen.
-DW events: BW2 was not kind to people who did not buy the games within the launch window. A slew of DW events for new C Gear skins and dolls and stuff were released within the first month or two of its launch, while completely ignoring BW1 in many cases. After that, DW events almost completely dried up, so if you picked up the game, say around Christmas time, you missed all of the best stuff. In general, I don't really think having C Gear skins be event exclusive was really a good idea. Thank God there's no more DW, though.

Hopefully with the worldwide release, all of the relevant events will be much more in sync and we won't have these kinds of problems anymore.

You know, I'm getting pretty damn bored of my Pokemon X game. I just, you know, have NO motivation to continue playing. I am such a bad competitive player, no matter how much I try I get flattened, and I hunted down a few shiny pokemon which was cool but I'd never really use those pokemon in normal circumstances.

Now it's 2 months down the line and we have the Pokemon Bank soon to open it's doors - I just feel now would be a good time to unveil something new they could have hidden. Or give us a new Pokemon to hone. Speed boost torchic was pretty epic, it's one of my favourite pokemon but yeah it's been 2 months and the novelty of it has worn off.

There's simply not enough to do end-game to keep me content. When i launch my 3DS now it's to go and do the lottery in Lumiose and check the smoothie shop ... lol.

So it's been 2 months now and xy have been released. The torchic event everyone got was great (untill you realise that with the breeding changes you can just breed speed boost torchic). I've sadly noticed that events have not been distributed anywhere as equal as they should have, worldwide release considered. Japans had like 15 events, America 3 and everywhere else one. The news that the shiny genesect distribution would be happening for korean pokemon fans made me die a little on the inside. The fact that it is extremely likely that us living outside of japan and korea can't have access to these events is something that should have been fixed a long time ago. I realize that Japan is the country of origin of pokemon so obviously they'd have more events, as well as cultural sepcific events like the numerous festivals, but things like this and the Anime Jirachi and the unnerve Mewtwo,etc we should have got. How do you think events will pan out from now on? What about events like the red genesect one? And how long till we get another proper event? Cheers for reading :)

Well, first of all... that Shiny Genesect distribution in Korea is for the Gen5 games - BW and B2W2. It's not even an XY event. Reason? The fact that the Genesect movie is released in theaters in January 2014 explains it :/ I don't know what the heck was up with that delay (some countries already have DVDs of the 16th movie by now), but yeah - the Shiny Genesect is most likely distributed to promote the movie.

Hopefully with the worldwide release, all of the relevant events will be much more in sync and we won't have these kinds of problems anymore.

Hopefully. I've had enough with all those delays.

You know, I'm getting pretty damn bored of my Pokemon X game. I just, you know, have NO motivation to continue playing. I am such a bad competitive player, no matter how much I try I get flattened, and I hunted down a few shiny pokemon which was cool but I'd never really use those pokemon in normal circumstances.

Now it's 2 months down the line and we have the Pokemon Bank soon to open it's doors - I just feel now would be a good time to unveil something new they could have hidden. Or give us a new Pokemon to hone. Speed boost torchic was pretty epic, it's one of my favourite pokemon but yeah it's been 2 months and the novelty of it has worn off.

There's simply not enough to do end-game to keep me content. When i launch my 3DS now it's to go and do the lottery in Lumiose and check the smoothie shop ... lol.

A Pokemon event, which may not even be an event exclusive Pokemon or have any exclusive moves or anything, isn't going to solve the "I'm bored with the game" dilemma.

There's tons of stuff to do in XY. Hell, Gen I players couldn't re-battle trainers besides the E4/Champ, had no additional areas to explore besides the Mewtwo cave, had no Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison, and people still sunk hundreds of hours into those games. They used their imaginations and came up with tasks to do, as well as did trading and battling with friends.

And there's nothing wrong with taking a break from Pokemon or video games altogether and doing something else. When you want to play Pokemon, it'll still be here.

I hope they start doing events for past legendary Pokémon such as Manaphy, Shaymin, or Deoxys. And make it available worldwide.

I hate how some stores force me to buy the newest game when all I want is my event Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom