• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Event organisation

Currently, we divide the events by year, then region once we reach 2009. Generation I and II events are currently split only by generation, but I have no intention to change this due to the fact that they worked differently and were very uncommon.

What I propose is that we split events by language and generation rather than region and year. This solves the issue created by splitting NA and PAL events when they have a Wi-Fi event that distributes to all English language games. Also, distributors need to actually distribute different events bewteen languages, but this is not necessary between regions with the same language. This would also mean that Greek and Dutch events end up on the English page though, as this is the language their games use.

It also means that we don't have a blurred line between Generation IV and V events on the 2011 (2010 for Japan) pages, and the same goes for Generation III and IV. It is the most logical way to divide things, it is how people would be looking for events, and it is how event distributors would actually need to create separate event Pokémon.

Also, I would like to propose that we put event items and Pokéwalker courses on these pages too. Anything with a Wonder Card deserves to be on these pages.

So instead of names like "List of North American Nintendo event Pokémon in 2011‎" and "List of PAL Nintendo event Pokémon in 2011‎", etc., we would have "List of English Nintendo event Pokémon in Generation V‎", "List of German Nintendo event Pokémon in Generation V‎", "List of French Nintendo event Pokémon in Generation V‎", "List of Spanish Nintendo event Pokémon in Generation V‎", "List of Italian Nintendo event Pokémon in Generation V‎", etc.

This is perfect! The current list doesn't make an inch of sense when it comes to current generation games and online events - the new layout makes a lot more sense to online distributions. Should also make things easier to see, huh?

I agree, too many times I've looked up event Pokemon only to find I cannot get them -_- but labeling them under language narrows them down

Okay, can I get some more opinions please? With 2012 events about to start being announced, we should try and get this layout going before that page needs to be made. Here is what the English Generation V page would look like. I also compressed different iterations of the same event together like is done on the pages of earlier years.

Just noting, the M14 Victini is being pushed down a bit for me cause of the news templates.

Looks perfect! If you need any help you can just mention it to me.
That took a lot of work, very good job. I totally think this would work.

Rearranging the existing list in that order? That didn't take that much work at all.

I'm currently creating each of the lists and saving them as text files on my computer. The non-English European languages will take a little longer to do, as they tend to have less provided information than I would like.

I personally don't think this is a good idea, for a few reasons:
1. The length of the Japanese events would be far too many (the pages by the years are long as it is)
2. The length of the locations available for certain Pokemon events would makes pages almost double in length (such as the Multirama events in the Summer of 2011 in Europe and the GameStop Keldeo)
3. The eggs can technically be in any language
4. The language of the World events for 2008, 2009, and 2010 could be obtained in any of the languages, but they were always set to English resulting in another "blurred" line.

Last edited:
Hmm, a year has passed and this was never implemented. Why is this? All the posts were in favour before today's necropost bump.

Because it's an awful lot of work to actually implement. SnorlaxMonster has been working on it when he has time, but it is still far from ready. It's not like we can just push a button and the pages will all rearrange into the new organisations.

Hmm, a year has passed and this was never implemented. Why is this? All the posts were in favour before today's necropost bump.
My post isn't in favor of the merging, and SnorlaxMonster told me he had no objection to me making objections.

Also with the recent addition to the events in Generation II, which put the page past the template limit. I think it is safe to say the Japanese events aren't able to be merged into one page for each generation without exceeding the template include size.

Also regarding the "similar" Wi-Fi events for English games (US and PAL pages), I would suggest creating another page just for Wi-Fi events for each language for each generation. Opinions about this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom