• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER) Adventure Week 2018 (May 24th - June 5th)

Reaction score
We have a new event that was announced, and will take place at 1:00 PM PST and last until June 5th. Special rock type research requirements will be going on as well. The following bonuses will be active.
  • Rock-type Pokémon such as Geodude, Lileep, and Nosepass, Kabuto and Omanyte will be more common in the wild
  • Pokémon will earn Buddy Candy at a 4× faster rate
  • Extra XP for spinning the Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gyms
  • 10 times XP for spinning new PokéStop or Gyms
There are also some new boxes available in the shop! They include
  • Special Box - 3 Incense, 3 Egg Incubators, 5 Lucky Eggs - 480 Coins
  • Great Box - 6 Incense, 6 Super Incubators, 8 Lucky Eggs, 6 Lure Modules - 780 Coins
  • Ultra Box - 12 Super Incubators, 15 Lucky Eggs, 8 Premium Raid Passes, 15 Lure Modules - 1480 Coins
Hope you guys have some amazing finds out there :)

Last edited:
GOALS:
>Walk Larvitar as much as possible. In preparation for Community Day, the more Candy I have stocked from before, the safer. Larvitar's one of the most efficient Buddies at this point.
>Try to get the following Shinies: Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, Aron. Yeah everyone's going crazy over the first three, but this is a great time to hunt down Aron as well, I really like its design :)

Considering I'm already Level 40, have lots of Golem and Smack Down Tyranitar's coming anyway, I don't really have any interest in the PokeStop XP bonus or the other Rock spawns (even for Rhyhorn I've got lots of Candy stocked up already).

So yeah this event will be mostly walking around and shiny checking everything. A few Field Research Tasks of evolving Omanyte/Kabuto in order to get more shots at Aerodactyl too.

Ive mainly been farming candy for Feebas and almost have walked the required distance to evolve it too. I managed to get an Armaldo and Cradily, so not bad for this event. I was hoping for a shiny but havent seen any yet and I try to interact with every Kabuto and Omanyte I find.

Event's going fine so far.

I was starting to get a bit dissapointed as I interacted with a lot of Aron/Kabuto/Omanyte and Aerodactyl from Field Research but instead all I got was a random Swablu. But thankfully Aerodactyl paid off today, and there's at least one of the 4 targets :)

Walking Larvitar's also going great. I had 298 Candy when I started, now I have 406. Although a few are from spawns that I caught with Pinap, the rest are all from distance walked.

Hopefully I can get some more Candies in preparation for CD and maybe some more Shinies before it's over in a few days. But I'm satisfied enough with how it's turning out already :)

Oh so THAT'S why fossil pokemon were spawning all over the place.
Not complaining though. Thanks to this event, I was able to register them to the dex.

Apparently one Shiny Aerodactyl was not enough, so I got a second today wow :)

This is going better than expected, although with how my luck seems to be distributed I doubt I'll be getting the rest; I tend to just get multiples of select ones :)

I've walked about 115km this event, which translates to 92 Larvitar Candies. Quite a nice headstart for my Community Day needs.

On the Shiny end I got a random Swablu during the event (not really related to it, but with all the extra walking around the chances did increase I guess) and 2 Aerodactyl, which is also nice.
On the IVs, 100 Omanyte and 2 98 Aerodactyl are nice too.

Finally, I made huge progress towards my Pokemon Ranger Gold Medal, pretty much checked every single PokeStop downtown every day and did most Field Research Tasks there.

Overall I'd say it went well :D I enjoyed it, although it was very tiring because I walked around way more than usual.

Another good event although it's been a while. Don't remember how much I walked around with Larvitar but it most certainly helped with Candy for the CD. Also got a Shiny Aerodactyl from Field Research during it and the random Magikarp :)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom