• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER) - Celebrate The Earth (April 23th - April 30th, 2018)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello everyone, a new event was just announced and gone live!

Celebrate The Earth (April 23th - April 30th, 2018)
To commemorate the occasion of more than 4000 Trainers attending Earth Day cleenups, Grass, Ground and Water-type Pokemon appear more frequently and give out triple Stardust when caught.

Shiny Wailmer is also reported to be available in the wild.

The rewards, which were originally destined to last 48 hours, are extended to April 30th.

Enjoy!

Here's what I've been seeing in terms of increased spawns (that are appearing more frequently)

Ground: Sandshrew, Rhyhorn, Diglett, Phanpy, Larvitar, Baltoy
Grass: Hoppip, Lotad, Shroomish, Cacnea
Water: Magikarp, Whailmer, Corphish, Poliwag, Remoraid, Feebas, Carvhana

Is that what other people are seeing?

For Grass, I'd say the most notable ones are Seedot, Hoppip and Oddish. We also get Lotad/Cacnea regardless of weather, which is very nice. There are some occasional Shroomish, but surprisingly absolutely no Bellsprout.
For Ground, we get unusually high levels of Phanpy (albeit still not totally common), and of course some more Larvitar than usual too. Depending on weather, we notice Numel or Geodude/Rhyhorn spawning more. Sandshrew/Diglett appear all the time, Baltoy seems a bit more rare.
For Water, Magikarp/Wailmer reign supreme. Corphish/Remoraid are surprisingly common, Poliwag/Carvanha occasionally appear. Feebas does appear more than usual and in any area, for sure. I've only seen like one each of Horsea, Goldeen, Psyduck and Slowpoke, which usually are common in our water biome.

There's also a lack of Grass/Water starters.

Event's over. Didn't get enough time to make a full post explaining in detail my prep and goals for this one in time but might as well do now, alongside the closing.

PREP:
Nothing much really. I had some Poke Balls/Berries saved but I was expecting this to be way more small scale, only two days, no spawn boosts, something like the Pikachu event. I also had Star Pieces but didn't plan to use them.

GOALS:
Grind as much Stardust as possible; upon figuring out what's really going on, burn through Star Pieces until there are only 6 left (for upcoming Community Day). Except that this time, when I said "as much as possible", I actually meant it. Having enough time, I managed to hit the 3.500 caught Pokemon/week softcap on the final day.
Prepare 800 Wailmer Candies, for a Shiny and a possible Special Research in the future. I'm way above 1200 by now, however.
If lucky, grab a Shiny. Which I did, Wailmer 87 is nice :D

So yes, this event went great for me Stardust-wise. Maxxed out a few key Pokemon (Golem, Exeggutor, Aggron) I was considering for a while and saved up 750.000 more (for Latias, Zapdos and more eventually). Also got lots of Magikarp Candies (2500+, all Pinap'd, combined number with the previous event) and another 100% which I might evolve-max out sometime (for Regirock, most likely).

Overall great event; first time I played to the utmost list (the softcap). And I enjoyed it all; it was triple Stardust on a vast majority of catches for a whole week.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom