• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER): First Anniversary (July 6 - July 24, 2017)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
An anniversary event for Pokemon GO was just announced. As BulbaNews states:

Pokémon GO first anniversary event now live - Bulbanews

"During this event, players can encounter Pikachu wearing Ash's hat (called "Pikachu wearing a familiar hat"). Pikachu retains this hat when it evolves into Raichu. Additionally, Eggs obtained during the event can hatch into Pichu wearing Ash's hat.

Additionally, players can purchase an Anniversary Box from the in-game Store during the event. The Anniversary Box costs 1200 PokéCoins and includes 6 Egg Incubators, 6 Max Revives, 2 Premium Raid Passes, and 20 Ultra Balls."

What are your thoughts on this event? Does it offer too little? Is it nice that it lasts so long? Will you buy an Anniversary Box?

EDIT: It seems like the event was extended until July 27th alongside the GO Fest bonuses, but there was no announcement about it.

Last edited:
There have been rumors about increased Stardust gain and XP boosts but nothing like it was announced.
I think I'll try to catch at least 2 Cap Pikachu so I can evolve one into Raichu eventually.
I am also considering paying a bit to get enough Coins for an Anniversary Box, mostly because it offers Premium Raid Passes.

I've found one Ash Pikachu already. I just need one more so that I can evolve one into Raichu.

I should be getting mine too in time, there isn't anything else that I really need to do for the duration of the event. Any Pichu hatched get the hat as well but getting one is going to be hard, I don't feel like hatching Eggs like crazy just for that. Not to mention how strange it looks because the hat is too big for its head :)

I've also decided against buying the Anniversary Box. 1200 Coins is worth 11 euros here and there are only 2 Premium Raid Passes offered so I'm not that interested. Perhaps if I was getting more 10km Eggs to make great use of the 6 Egg Incubators I would but there are times when I rarely get any of those.

Last edited:
I'm personally not going to be getting that Anniversary box. I have no interest in Max Revives and Ultra Balls, and I could just buy 6 incubators and 2 raid passes for 1100 Pokecoins. Maybe if the price of the box was a little lower I would consider it.

According to reports, Ash Cap Pichu seem to be more common than regular Pichu in 2km Eggs for the duration of the event.

EVENT (ONGOING): First Anniversary (June 6 - June 24, 2017)

should be

EVENT (ONGOING): First Anniversary (July 6 - July 24, 2017)

EVENT (ONGOING): First Anniversary (June 6 - June 24, 2017)

should be

EVENT (ONGOING): First Anniversary (July 6 - July 24, 2017)
Wow you are right! I goofed up hard there :p

Title is fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

I might get the anniversary box when I'm low on incubators. I don't need all of the items and I probably need to clear out more of what I have or get another upgrade, but getting six incubators on top of everything else there sounds neat. I also like the idea of Pichu hatching with Ash's hat. I haven't found one yet, although I did get a couple of two kilometer eggs today, but I've seen a picture of Pichu with Ash's hat and it looks adorable. I'm sure that I'll find a Pikachu with Ash's hat and I have more than enough candies to evolve it too, but I'll keep at least one Pikachu and Pichu that I find/hatch unevolved just for the cute factor.

I'll keep at least one Pikachu and Pichu that I find/hatch unevolved just for the cute factor.
I do that for all the specials. Still looking for another shiny Magikarp for Gyrados but got all 4 previous hatted versions of Pikachu/Raichu and now have 2 Ash hat Pikachus. In fact, I might still have all the Santa and Party hat Pikachu I caught.

I do that for all the specials. Still looking for another shiny Magikarp for Gyrados but got all 4 previous hatted versions of Pikachu/Raichu and now have 2 Ash hat Pikachus. In fact, I might still have all the Santa and Party hat Pikachu I caught.
Same here. I have Santa Hat Pikachu and Raichu. Didn't manage to get the Party Hat variants, however, because it only lasted a day and Pikachu weren't more common that day. Still don't have any Shiny Magikarp either because of not enough luck.

I've been able to find all of the other event Pokemon except for the Shiny Magikarp. I never could find one and apparently someone in my area did since there was a Red Gyarados in one of my local Gyms. I don't know if I'll ever find it, but that does give more motivation to keep capturing Magikarp even after I already evolved one.

We can hatch Pichu wearing Ash's Hat? This, I had no idea. I am now wondering if we could have also hatched Pichu wearing Santa's hat and Party hat, and completely missed out.

We can hatch Pichu wearing Ash's Hat? This, I had no idea. I am now wondering if we could have also hatched Pichu wearing Santa's hat and Party hat, and completely missed out.
Perhaps these events will return and we'll get the chance again, this time Pichu as well. Pikachu Day is a thing every year and I can see them going for the exact same daily event next year because it was very easy to miss the first time it happened anyway. Not sure if the Santa Hat Pikachu line will be available every year, though.

Is Ash-Pikachu rarer than the Christmas and Party Pikachu (at the time when their events were up). I haven't seen a single Ash-Pikachu, but I managed atleast 1 or two Pikachu during the previous events.
(For the record, Pikachu are almost non-existent in the absence of events in my area).

Is Ash-Pikachu rarer than the Christmas and Party Pikachu (at the time when their events were up). I haven't seen a single Ash-Pikachu, but I managed atleast 1 or two Pikachu during the previous events.
(For the record, Pikachu are almost non-existent in the absence of events in my area).
As far as I know they might actually be more common, there are reports of more Ash Cap Pichu hatches in 2km Eggs obtained during the event compared to regular Pichu hatches in 2km Eggs obtained before the event. It's as likely that Ash Cap Pikachu appears more in the wild as well. From what I've seen (2 spawns in a rural area that rarely if ever spawns regular Pikachu), I believe they are indeed more common, maybe about as common as the Christmas ones (not sure about the Party as that event only lasted a day).

As far as I know they might actually be more common, there are reports of more Ash Cap Pichu hatches in 2km Eggs obtained during the event compared to regular Pichu hatches in 2km Eggs obtained before the event. It's as likely that Ash Cap Pikachu appears more in the wild as well. From what I've seen (2 spawns in a rural area that rarely if ever spawns regular Pikachu), I believe they are indeed more common, maybe about as common as the Christmas ones (not sure about the Party as that event only lasted a day).

I hatch less eggs so haven't I cannot check in that manner, but for me there are definitely less Wild Ash-Pikachu than Christmas Pikachu. I hoped they'd be more common so I can get my Raichu early. Never mind, since my Buddy Santa Pikachu is inches from evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom