• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER): Holiday Season 2017 (Dec. 21, 2017 - Jan. 4, 2018)

Reaction score
A new event has just been announced!
holiday2017.png

The holiday event will last from December 21st until January 4th, 2018. There are some things that are coming out at different times, so I've split the goodies into some separate times. Be sure to check it out!

Dec. 21st, 1:00 PM PST
  • Santa Hat Pikachu will be released again!
  • More Ice-type Pokémon will begin appearing, including Delibird.
  • Ice and Water-type Pokémon from Generation III will start appearing for the first time.
  • Wailord becomes a tier 1 raid boss.
  • Lures will last for 6 hours.

Dec. 22nd 1:00 p.m. PST to Dec. 25 at 1:00 p.m. PST

• A single-use Egg Incubator will be given with each first Pokéstop of the Day Bonus.
  • New special boxes will be added with Super Incubators, Lure Modules, and the all-new Star Pieces (like Lucky Eggs but for Stardust). The boxes are as follows
    • Winter Box - 2 Incense, 2 Egg Incubators, 5 Star Pieces - 480 coins
    • Great Box - 4 Super Incubators, 10 Razz Berries, 10 Star Pieces - 780 coins
    • Ultra Box - 8 Super Incubators, 10 Pinap Berries, 25 Star Pieces, 10 Lure Modules - 1480 coins

Dec. 25th 1:00 p.m. PST to Jan. 4th, 2018
  • Another special box will be available with Premium Raid Passes, Super Incubators, and Star Pieces. The old boxes will become unavailable
    • Winter Box - 4 Lucky Eggs, 2 Premium Raid Passes, 5 Star Pieces - 480 coins
    • Great Box - 2 Super Incubators, 8 Lucky Eggs, 3 Premium Raid Passes, 10 Star Pieces - 780 coins
    • Ultra Box - 6 Super Incubators, 16 Lucky Eggs, 10 Premium Raid Passes, 20 Star Pieces - 1680 coins
Let us know what you think of the new event and what you've been catching!

Last edited:
Has anyone been seeing an increase in gen III starter spawns lately? Just yesterday I caught 6 Torchic and Mudkip all over my city, not in a nest. It was cloudy too.

I've also caught plenty of treecko, and not in nests (that I know of) either. Torchic was on sightings but I haven’t seen anything of Mudkip so far, though. But it may be attributed to the fact that water types are rare in my area and starters are rare too.

Has anyone been seeing an increase in gen III starter spawns lately? Just yesterday I caught 6 Torchic and Mudkip all over my city, not in a nest. It was cloudy too.
Yep. Yesterday got 2 random Mudkip and 3 random Torchic and more today. Prior, only Mudkip was from a hatch and Torchic was from tracking it down using pokehuntr. Also seeing more Electrike and Meditite(caught 1st yesterday) which were rare for me previously

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom