• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER): Rayquaza, Hoenn Pokemon Round 4, and more! (February 9th - 23rd)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello, everyone! A new event was announced here, featuring Rayquaza, the fourth round of Hoenn region Pokemon (which appears to be the final major one, mostly focusing on Dragon and Flying-types) and some more treats to celebrate the occasion!

Confirmed info so far (will update as new information becomes available):
Starting from February 9th and until
February 13th:

• Only Hoenn region Pokemon (and regionals of past generations) will be available in the wild.
February 23rd:
  • Special box offers that include Premium Raid Basses, Egg Incubators and Star Pieces will be available.
    Special Box (480 Coins): 3x Incense, 2x Egg Incubator, 6x Star Piece
    Great Box (780 Coins): 4x Egg Incubator, 3x Lucky Egg, 6x Premium Raid Pass, 8x Star Piece
    Ultra Box (1480 Coins): 8x Egg Incubator, 6x Lucky Egg, 12x Premium Raid Pass, 20x Star Piece
  • Lure Modules will last for 6 hours (instead of the usual 30 minutes).
March 16th:
  • Rayquaza will be available as a Rank 5 Raid Boss.
    NOTE: Kyogre will stay avaialable too until February 14th, as previously announced.
Indefinitely:
  • The fourth major wave of Hoenn region Pokemon, which is mostly focused on Dragon and Flying-types, will start to appear.
    Confirmed so far (as per the event banner): Taillow, Swellow, Tropius, Swablu, Altaria, Chimecho, Wingull, Pelipper, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Volbeat, Illumise, Surskit, Masquerain, Castform
    NOTE: Raid Battles and Eggs will also see changes, as of yet unknown, but probably focusing heavily on Hoenn Pokemon and especially the newly released ones.
  • Plusle and Minun now both appear everywhere in the world.
  • Swablu and Snorunt are confirmed as Rank 1 Raid Bosses. Dewgong is confirmed as a Rank 2 Raid Boss. Azumarill, Jynx and Piloswine are confirmed as Rank 3 Raid Bosses. Feraligatr is confirmed as a Rank 4 Raid Boss.
  • Metapod, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Marowak, Magneton, Tentacruel, Sandslash, Omastar, Porygon, Gengar, Alakazam, Ninetales, Golem, Victreebel, Poliwrath, Nidoking, Nidoqueen have all been removed as Raid Bosses.
While some of the new additions are going to stay around for longer than February 23rd, the true "event" bonuses (exclusive availabilities for non-Legendaries, box offers, extended Lure Module duration) only last until that point, with the rest just being a part of the general Legendary Pokemon/Gen III release schedule. So the "end date" of the event in this post is currently considered February 23rd.

However, do not forget that the day immediately after "event end", Februrary 24th, is February's Community Day, focusing on Stardust bonuses and Dratini.

And that's it for now. Feel free to discuss this Hurricane of new event-related information here!

Last edited:
I do hope that Mawile and Absol will still be raid Pokémon. I haven't had the chance to have a go at either yet, though Absol would be too hard to have a go at solo.

My guess is that they will keep Absol, Mawile, and Aggron as raid bosses. They'll probably add Salamance as the new T4 raid boss since it appeared in the initial trailer and the new announcement.

Agreed, I still Need a Mawile at some point.

Happy with the event! I usually stock up on Incubators when they become free in the shop, and the only Hoenn Pokemon is cool too. Hopefully I can fill out the last spaces in my Dex :) HOpefully Rayquaza won't be that tough to take down unliky

Good, traditional, old-school event... time to go overdrive. I missed most of the holiday one, so it's been a long wait since the Global Catch Challenge.
I sure am excited for Rayquaza, the new Hoenn Pokemon and the 6 hour Lures, although part of me really fancied a rerun of the double Candy and pink Pokemon Valentine event from last year, which unfortunately I was not able to play in (or I'd be done with all my Blissey, Lickitung and Porygon needs).

PREPARATION:

>Get counters for Rayquaza. After checking around some breakpoints, I decided to evolve 2 high level mediocre IV Dratini into Dragonite; of them, one has Dragon Tail/Outrage and the other Dragon Tail/Hurricane, which I decided to keep for Machamp solos. I also powered up my 100% Piloswine all the way from Level 9 to Level 31.5 which is the highest breakpoint, not only is it useful now but it's going to be even better as a Mamoswine when Gen IV comes. I also had to TM a Walrein, and am ready with Jynx and Cloyster, and even Golem for Partly Cloudy (I also evolved an Aggron for it in case it would get Dragon Tail/Stone Edge, but it didn't). In any case, I'm pretty set on the counter department now, even though I never got Articuno.
>Get Poke Balls/Berries. 6 hour Lures means a lot of grinding, so I did tip my Bag balance a bit in favor of Poke Balls/Berries over Potions/Revives. Hope I don't regret this too much if Rayquaza ends up being too deadly, though, but during Event Mode I burn through items quickly anyway.

GOALS:

>Register all available Hoenn Pokemon in the Pokedex. This is priority number one, and the first few days that will feature exclusively Gen III Pokemon should help greatly on this goal. I'm particularly afraid I might get trouble with Salamence/Metagross, as well as struggling to get done with Slaking/Gardevoir/Milotic already.
>Buy the best value-for-money box I can afford:
-Premium Raid Passes:
To be used on the occasional boosted Rayquaza or for any new cool Rank 1-4 Bosses we might get.
-Incubators: The least used item, only for 10km Eggs. But Eggs will apparently see changes in what they hatch too, so that's cool.
-Star Pieces: I need to save 6 for the Community Day, if I get any more they'll be saved for future increased Stardust events.
>Grind Stardust. This is important as I've spent a lot of Stardust recently for Mewtwo and Rayquaza counters, and it's only going to get worse when I'll spend for Mewtwo itself and Kyogre when it is finally gone. The more I can get, even before the Community Day, the better; although those 3 hours I expect it to be much better with the bonus and the Star Pieces.
>Raids. This is not really an event goal, I do it for every Legendary or useful Raid Boss that might come up (such as Tyranitar). I'll try to get as many good Rayquaza as possible (goal's at least six, hopefully some weather boosted ones too), and perhaps some Rank 1-4 Raid Bosses too (hope on Salamence/Metagross being there tbh). This is where the Premium Raid Passes come in really handy as I did spend a lot during the Kyogre days.

>Register all available Hoenn Pokemon in the Pokedex. This is priority number one, and the first few days that will feature exclusively Gen III Pokemon should help greatly on this goal. I'm particularly afraid I might get trouble with Salamence/Metagross, as well as struggling to get done with Slaking/Gardevoir/Milotic already.
Progress so far, I'm only missing Masquerain from the nesting species (but don't worry much, it'll happen thanks to a nest eventually).
Milotic is almost done, got the Candy needed, it's just 20 km away. Gardevoir's fully done and ready to Dazzling Gleam some Rayquaza away!
Slaking is well on its way too, at about 110 Candies.
Salamence/Metagross will take a while.
>Buy the best value-for-money box I can afford:
-Premium Raid Passes:
To be used on the occasional boosted Rayquaza or for any new cool Rank 1-4 Bosses we might get.
-Incubators: The least used item, only for 10km Eggs. But Eggs will apparently see changes in what they hatch too, so that's cool.
-Star Pieces: I need to save 6 for the Community Day, if I get any more they'll be saved for future increased Stardust events.
Done. With Mewtwo caught, I could get rid of 60 Rare Candies from my Bag storage by getting them used on it. So I had enough space to buy the Great Box.
>Grind Stardust. This is important as I've spent a lot of Stardust recently for Mewtwo and Rayquaza counters, and it's only going to get worse when I'll spend for Mewtwo itself and Kyogre when it is finally gone. The more I can get, even before the Community Day, the better; although those 3 hours I expect it to be much better with the bonus and the Star Pieces.
Forgot the "and XP" part lol, actually hitting Level 38 is a pretty major goal here. Both Stardust and XP are going along fine thankfully. Replenished about 70k Stardust thanks to just catching around everything, and hit the 2/2.5m XP milestone in the level.

Progress so far:
Pokedex: Got Milotic, have Surskit as my Buddy as it is in the 1km tier and should hopefully get me done with Masquerain soon. Slaking/Salamence/Metagross will all take a while.
Rayquaza Raids: 7/10, unfortunately no 90+ % IVs, 15 Atk IVs, or weather boosted. But I have a solid team of 6 kept, and about one more month to hunt the rest down, that's something.
Stardust: I'm only at 400k again but I've been using a lot on Kyogre, maxxing out Raikou/Machamp, getting Blissey up etc. so it's just balancing out for now.
XP: Hit Level 38 which was the major goal so I could max out Raikou/Machamp, now I can take it easier on this.

I won't be playing much this weekend as I'll visit family for some of it, but there's an EX Raid in the middle that complicates things. I'll see how I'll go about it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom