• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO EVENT (OVER): Solstice Event (June 13, 2017 - June 21, 2017)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello everyone! Another event for Pokemon GO was announced!

Pokémon GO to have Solstice Event, add collaborative features, host local events - Bulbanews

As Bulbanews states: "During this in-game event, Fire- and Ice-type Pokémon will appear more often. Additionally, Trainer will receive large XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately (i.e. scoring "Nice!", "Great!", and "Excellent!"). Furthermore, Lucky Eggs will be discounted in the in-game shop."

So what are your thoughts for this event? What do you plan to do in advance, and what do you anticipate?

I'm done with all Fire-types except getting ready for Magmortar for whenever Gen 4 comes.
Ice-types I still need are Piloswine (and getting prepared for Mamoswine), Jynx, Lapras. And getting ready for Weavile too.
Hopefully I'll manage to make progress on all of these and the Ice-type medal.

XP bonus is nice, I'm generally good at throwing Pokeballs well. Lucky Egg in discount means I should buy one so I can use the one I got at level 25 for the first evolution binge, which I plan to do soon.

This makes me pretty happy. I might be able to get enough Cyndaquil candies to evolve one during this event. I haven't had any luck with finding Swinub or Sneasel, so hopefully I'll be able to catch at least a few of them during the event. Catching more Ice types in general for my Ice Medal would be cool, but at the very least, I'd like to get some Swinub and Sneasel to save up for their fourth generation evolution.

Indeed, it apparently started early.

Going to get my first session in about 7 hours, looking forward to it :D

Day 1: Caught 5 of the 10 Cyndaquil I saw. What a pain in the rear he is. Also caught a 100% Seel I evolved into Dewgong that learned Iron Tail/Blizzard.

I haven't seen this many Cyndaquil at once since I tried to breed for a shiny Typhlosion. Plenty of Charmander, Growlithe, and Vulpix as well. All this fire must be scaring away the ice-types though, as I've yet to find anything good.

1/14 (hopefully, almost certainly less) sessions done. Event's already going well, got Piloswine and Jynx.

My goals for the rest of the event:

Get Lapras, the only Ice-type (and one of the few Water-types) I still don't have registered (I'm done with Fire-types):
They're way too rare though, hopefully I'll get at least one however (but in the Water event I still didn't manage...)
Ideally, I'd like to get a power-up worthy Lapras and as much Candy for it as possible

Get enough Candy to be ready for Mamoswine, Weavile and Magmortar:
Mamoswine's gonna be easy, 90% of the time there's a Swinub in the tracker so it's just going from the one to other non-stop. Sneasel are a bit rare but I should still manage to get enough for 50 Candy before this is over. Magmar... little to no hope honestly, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Get the Ice-type medal:
Still don't have the silver (50 catches) but Swinubland is gonna fix that. Problem is I'll pretty much just have to keep catching them until I hit 200 which should still happen within the week but it's gonna be tedious :(
Secondary goal: get some good progress on the Dark-type too, because there are enough Houndour around.

Get as much XP as possible:
Simple and without a clear end; getting XP with 3x on all catches is easy, I already got a level thanks to it.
Plan to buy at least one Lucky Egg, maybe up to 3 if I get 2 10km Eggs as popping them before the hatch for 10k XP + whatever evolutions I have gathered + x2 for the next half-hour is just too good. The rest of the Coins are saved for an Incubator.

Not sure if I've forgot everything but this covers the basics.

So I popped an incense in my room and got enough Shellder to finally evo a Cloyster (and then some). Evolved a Bellossom too, and found 1-2 Chikorita. Found too many Ponyta (I've had Rapidash for awhile now), had a Growlithe that fled from me (I already have Arcanine), found 2-3 Houndour (yay puppies), and one Cyndaquil! Yay~ There was a Swinub on the nearby so maybe I'll find one on the way to work or class. Still no sign of Sneasel.

Session 2/hopefully 14 over.

Got Lapras, so I now have all Fire-types and Ice-types currently available registered. First event where I don't have to worry about filling the dex :D
Lapras has a respectable ~1500 CP but not good IVs but the worst thing is that it has Water Gun instead of Frost Breath so it's not going to do me the favours of a Dragonite counter.

Got the silver medal for Ice-types (50/200) mostly thanks to Swinub, but it's still going to be an uphill ride to 200...

Got enough Candy for Mamoswine, made a little progress on Weavile and only one catch (7 candies worth) on Magmortar.

Hit level 27 and got through the first half of the level in just one day; this is looking good, I should hit 28 as soon as tomorrow and this is the ideal event for me to hit 30 soon! Too bad I won't manage to enjoy the current Gym system in its glory (you can only really do that after 30), but at least I'll be ready for whatever gets thrown in next.

I've had really good luck so far with this event. I've found some Cyndaquil, Charmander, Swinub and Sneasel all within the first day of the event. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get enough candies for a Typhlosion, save up on candies for Mamoswine and make some progress with the Ice type medal. It looks pretty promising at this rate.

Session 3 is over. By this point, I pretty much have a change of priorities for the goals this event:

GET AS MUCH XP AS POSSIBLE (at least Level 30 before the event is over). After the suggestions of some experienced players, I bought 8 Lucky Eggs with Coins I've saved up from Gyms. I'm getting to 28 for sure tonight, which means I'll be getting a level in less than 2 days. By this rate I can hit 30 before the event is over which is my goal, after that I can start taking XP as a whole more lightly since further levels won't be increasing my CP spawns (only the max powerups but it's going to be a long ride for the last 10 levels so I don't worry much about it).

Anyways, for session 3 tried to restock as I'm running out on items but restocking is quite hard because there are always cool Pokemon to catch for lots of XP... this is a strange event honestly, it's awesome because you can get lots of XP but also a bit stressful because of it and always having to restock etc.

P.S. I actually managed to get 30 evolutions waiting for a Lucky Egg pop in just 3 sessions. That's how crazy it gets :D

I've collected enough Cyndaquil for that line. Grabbing Charmander, because I want a better Charizard. Hunting all ice to get closer to my gold ice badge.

Session 4 is over. Hit level 28 and got just a bit more than 1/3rd of the XP needed for 29, so I expect to be done with it by Session 6 (about 24 hours from now).
I did pop 2 Lucky Eggs while farming catches by 4 Lured PokeStops with a few friends and managed to slip a few evolutions in (before the final spree for 30).

So now I have multiple evolved Fire/Ice Pokemon (that I'm going to keep as they all have too decent CPs and IVs to feel like transferring them, different movesets too) such as: 9 Arcanine, 5 Cloyster, 4 Piloswine (+100 saved Candy) and 6 Houndoom.

Also managed to catch a low CP Typhlosion.

I'm always low on items though, this is going to be a thing for all of the event but it's not hurting that much when everyone's just catching whatever the Lures spawn while collecting the PokeStops.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom