• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Events in the Remakes

How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

• Just give us the event Pokémon directly

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
In Ruby and Sapphire, there were events for Pokemon such as Deoxys. What events do you think will happen for the remakes?

I see there being Deoxys and Jirachi events and Id love to see Faraway Island and Navel Rock since I never had the oppurtunity to get those in Gen 3. Discuss.

In Ruby and Sapphire, there were events for Pokemon such as Deoxys. What events do you think will happen for the remakes?
There weren't any events in Ruby and Sapphire aside from the Southern Island one. Emerald had the coding for the Birth Island event, but it was never unlocked outside Europe.

Sorry, they could always include the Emerald events, since Im expecting these to have features from Emerald. I just would like to see them possibly recreating the events for these games. Southern Island would be nice. I think it would be good if they allowed you to catch the other Lati with it's Mega Stone.

I think we'll obviously get Jirachi and Deoxys.

But I also want to see Meleotta and... Mew, perhaps.

I think we'll obviously get Jirachi
There was no in-game event for Jirachi in the original games, so I don't see how it's obvious. Especially considering that XY don't seem to have any in-game events (no coding for special items has been found).

If you're just referring to distributions, then I don't think that has much to do with these particular games. Jirachi had a Japanese distribution last year.

Shiny Celebi said:
I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
The event really needs to be expanded. I think it was a waste to use Mr. Briney for it instead of someone with actual knowledge about Mew.

Agreed with old events coming back.

Besides that, perhaps some new event Pokémon and Jirachi. I can see Manaphy due to the prevalence of water in Hoenn.

I think we'll obviously get Jirachi
There was no in-game event for Jirachi in the original games, so I don't see how it's obvious. Especially considering that XY don't seem to have any in-game events (no coding for special items has been found).

Isn't the fact that there was no in-game event for Jirachi a good reason for them to MAKE an in-game event for Jirachi in OR/AS?

Can we eliminate events entirely? If I miss an event or lose a game I can never access that content again. I want Pokemon games I can enjoy just as much 10 years from now.

That won't happen; but it's be nice to have more in-game legendaries. Every game since FRLG has added bonus legendaries from other regions. Hoenn has so many native legendaries that it can fill the region with them first.

If you're just referring to distributions, then I don't think that has much to do with these particular games. Jirachi had a Japanese distribution last year.

I think Jirachi was distributed twice last year in Japan. Once for the Best Wishes series (over Wi-Fi) and the second time for the Tanabata Festival (in-life event).

I agree with @Shiny Celebi, they should make another Faraway Island Mew Event for everyone this time.

I'm guessing that Jirachi could be given away over Wi-Fi around the launch of the game, whereas we could have events programmed in for Mew and Deoxys (like in Emerald) at the very least. Southern Island returning could be cool too.

I really want to see the Faraway Island event for Mew, only Japan got it, and we haven't seen Mew for a LONG time, its one of the most popular legendaries, and the original 'event' Pokemon.

Like everyone said, Faraway Island, I don't care if it's like a Wi-Fi event, or in-game, I just really want it

Oh and something for Darkrai? I never had the chance to partake in the original event, and I just never managed to get a Darkrai afterwards either. And maybe it's a relatively easy Legendary to obtain, I wouldn't know, but I'd like an event or something for it XD

Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy would all be cool too

On a side note, I wish you could get a Cherish Ball alongside a catch-the-legendary-yourself-event, or something. I dunno, I just really like that pokeball, I just like the name and the design, though it's not likely something like that would happen, as it's used as a sign that a Pokemon was from an event

I kinda want the Faraway Island, Southern Island, Navel Rock, and Birth Island events programmed as post-game material instead of Wi-Fi stuff.

They seem to be steering away from in game events to discourage hacking, so I'm not expecting much. But they might recreate a couple of them.

-Birth Island: This I think is the most likely event to happen.
-Navel Rock: There's no reason to make Lugia/Ho-oh event Pokemon. Keep this one, but make it a post game area that you can access without an event.
-Southern Island: Like Navel Rock, there's no reason for this to be an event. I'm thinking this will be another post game area, and it will be required for you to obtain the Lati and/or their Mega Stone.
-Faraway Island: I guess? We still need Mew, so they could do it. But I think Mew would be tied more to Kalos than Hoenn, so maybe Mew will just be handed to you in XY and ORAS.
-Mossdeep Space Center: There was a rumor back in the originals that you could take the space shuttle to the moon to catch Deoxys. I think something like this would be awesome. But since Deoxys is probably going to be on Birth Island, maybe they could do Jirachi on the Millenium Comet instead of Deoxys. Catching a Pokemon in space would be awesome either way.

I would like to see an event that allows you to capture Mew yourself, instead of having one handed to you. I currently contain a Mew, however I've never caught one myself and I would like the opportunity to do so.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom