• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Events in the Remakes

How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

• Just give us the event Pokémon directly

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
Dexoys, Jirachi, Manaphy as someone said. The Mew one again. Guess the other Lati.

Then maybe whatever ones XY get following the release.

Also agree with catching them.

I want them to do these events, especially knowing that an in-game event is waaaay nicer than simply being given the legendary.

That said, I get the feeling that if they do, its nature might be fixed and I'm almost certain they'd shiny-lock them.

Also, Manaphy seems like a good addition since they need tropical waters to hatch in - that's right up Hoenn's alley---uh, waterway.

I definitely want to see a return of the "catch it yourself" style of events. It's been far too long since that's happened, and it's much more fun than simply being handed the Pokemon.
As for WHICH Legendary Pokemon? Well...I don't care TOO much, as I already have all/most of them, but DEFINITALY Mew. Mew is, in my opinion, THE event Pokemon, and going to an island to catch it would be much more enjoyable than GameFreak handing it to us over Wi-Fi, plus it would offer more post-game content (although, obviously, the item to get to said island would be given over Wi-Fi)
So...yeah. Don't care TOO much which Pokemon are given out on these events, but I definitely want more "catch them yourself" events.

I definitely want to see a return of the "catch it yourself" style of events. It's been far too long since that's happened, and it's much more fun than simply being handed the Pokemon.
As for WHICH Legendary Pokemon? Well...I don't care TOO much, as I already have all/most of them, but DEFINITALY Mew. Mew is, in my opinion, THE event Pokemon, and going to an island to catch it would be much more enjoyable than GameFreak handing it to us over Wi-Fi, plus it would offer more post-game content (although, obviously, the item to get to said island would be given over Wi-Fi)
So...yeah. Don't care TOO much which Pokemon are given out on these events, but I definitely want more "catch them yourself" events.
I do to, however there are way to many hackers out there that can just walk there (visa walk though walls) so I am very dought flu it will happen.

I do to, however there are way to many hackers out there that can just walk there (visa walk though walls) so I am very dought flu it will happen.

True, but there's also hackers who already have the three un-released event Pokemon, Lati@site, etc, so even if it was just GIVEN to us, people would still get it.
Thinking about it, maybe it shouldn't be an item. Maybe GameFreak could temporarily put up a patch on the eShop or something that adds the little side-quest, and once the patch is down, no way to get it. They should have done that with the three X and Y event Pokemon anyway.

I remember every copy of BW came with a little pamphlet that told you how to get Victini. It would be cool if ORAS did the same, but for Jirachi.

It's sad to say but I think it's quite likely that we won't have any such events. There could be something after we receive the pokemon like with Diancie and Volcanion but an actual event where we go and catch the pokemon is a no-go.

Mew Event?

Forgive me if someone already posted this thread, but I missed the Mew event in Emerald, and I don't see why Ruby and Sapphire can't have all of the legendaries except Latios, Latias, Kyogre & Groudon all together. Because some people back then probably didn't have access to the Internet (like me) until now and missed all of the events.

Do you think it's fair for them to have the same Mew event like they did in Emerald? I don't see why they can't have it again. Either as an event where you have to go to that Island again, or you can get it from the Mystery Gift. Honestly, I'd prefer the island event so I can Run Away several times until it's a shiny, but that's just me.

I just feel like they should allow the legendaries to come again in these games, you know? Then we can put them all in X and Y to help us fulfill the Pokedex.

Event pokemon. Ugh. It's a wild hope, but I wish they'd make Jirachi and Deoxys available through normal gameplay. Maybe even the other lati?

Lati could stay on Southern Island. Gamefreak were going to put some lore in, but it got scrapped apparently, so you may as well keep the island. It would be cool if we could catch Jirachi in SPACE, as a reference to the rumour. Think Lava Cookie behind the truck in FRLG. It would be cooler if a meteor landed in the middle of the ocean or something post game. You could dive down to the meteor and catch Deoxys.

I'm guessing that Diancie's Mega Stone will be obtained by trading an event Diancie over to OR/AS, then taking it to a specific location or showing it to a certain person.

Hope they make triggered events free downloadable DLC, that either stay in the eShop forever or at least on my system for as long as it lasts. I'm fine with giveaway Pokémon though.

I prefer in-game events but they seem to prefer distributions nowadays.

But if we DO get an event, I want to see an in-game Deoxys and Jirachi events - or even a Manaphy, since hoenn's waters are suitable for Manaphy to thrive.

Events in ORAS - how do you want them to work?

While I never got to play Ruby and Sapphire, I have a copy of Emerald and liked the fact that it has numerous event locations where Pokémon such as Mew and Deoxys were available. In Platinum too, I loved being able to go to Newmoon Island and actually catch Darkrai rather than having it handed to you in a Cherish Ball.
That now seems to be how events work - the delivery man giving you the Pokémon itself rather than any event item allowing you to catch it. I preferred the old method since it felt more rewarding to actually go and catch the Pokémon yourself. It also feels like more of an adventure to go to interesting event locations that you couldn't normally visit.

Seeing as these are remakes... do you want places like Navel Rock to come back, or just get the Pokémon from the event?

Re: Events in ORAS - how do you want them to work?

THIS. I always wished I could've done one of those item-related events. Never have taken part in one, and all my events came by mailman. I want a true special "event", not a random delivery guy!

If there are Event Pokemon in ORAS, I want to be able to catch them. I'm not necessarily tired of just being handed Pokemon, but I am more tired of not being able to nickname them. Perhaps my thoughts would be different if I could nickname gift Pokemon, but, in thinking about it, I really do enjoy catching Legendaries and I don't like that they've gone away from that in favor of just having a random delivery person just casually handing you a Legendary Pokemon. So, if we get any events, can we just please catch them? Or at least be allowed to nickname them?

If there are Event Pokemon in ORAS, I want to be able to catch them. I'm not necessarily tired of just being handed Pokemon, but I am more tired of not being able to nickname them. Perhaps my thoughts would be different if I could nickname gift Pokemon, but, in thinking about it, I really do enjoy catching Legendaries and I don't like that they've gone away from that in favor of just having a random delivery person just casually handing you a Legendary Pokemon. So, if we get any events, can we just please catch them? Or at least be allowed to nickname them?

I'd forgotten all about that, actually, I had enjoyed being able to nickname event Pokémon. On the other hand though I remember being able to nickname some of the ones that just get handed to you too.

I'd forgotten all about that, actually, I had enjoyed being able to nickname event Pokémon. On the other hand though I remember being able to nickname some of the ones that just get handed to you too.

The only Legendary Pokemon that gets handed to you that you can nickname that I know of is the PokeBank Celebi. All of the other ones have different OTs. I personally never understood that in the first place. I'm getting handed a Pokemon that didn't even belong to another trainer, so why can I not nickname it?

Catching them is fun. DPPt did it right, foreshadowing the events in-game and then releasing them after.

You know... aside from the fact DP never actually released any of them and they all skipped over the Arceus event. Uh, you get what I mean.

You know... aside from the fact DP never actually released any of them and they all skipped over the Arceus event. Uh, you get what I mean.

I think that might be part of the reason why they just give you the Pokemon now. That, and they probably want to discourage hacking.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom