• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Events in the Remakes

How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

• Just give us the event Pokémon directly

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
Yes! Thank you! This is exactly how I feel. I mean, with how underwhelming the Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion events were, I'd much rather be able to catch them myself and have them automatically be labeled as Fateful Encounters... Unless the event is so well done that it ties a lot of Pokémon lore together, I'd much rather be able to catch the Pokémon myself. Like Victini in Black and White (which I never got the item for LOL)

Events are pretty much a given. They've been doing them since the DPPt days, maybe even sooner; DPPt is just as far back as I can remember. There's no reason why they wouldn't do events for ORAS. It's just a matter of which events they do, really.

Likely going to be a Deoxys and Jirachi event since those aren't obtainable in the games. Probably a repeat of all events they had back in the RSE days, but maybe done differently given that there's new ways of getting things thanks to wifi. Would be pretty neat if they did a Regigigas based thing, but I imagine that would be part of the game itself since the 3 original Regis are all obtainable in the games anyways, so no need for an event. An event where you can get the opposite legendary duo, Kyogre for Omega Ruby & Groudon for Alpha Sapphire, in your game would be nice as well, but I think you can already do that in game? I can't remember, been too long since I played the 3rd gen and I didn't really like it that much whoops.

Just a repeat of the old events would be good enough for me. Probably some Mega based events thrown in there too, I bet.

They've been doing events before DPPt and a lot of them were 'special' and had in game backstory. Emerald had Mew at Faraway Island, Ho-oh and Lugia at Navel Rock, Deoxys at one of the Sevii Islands and RSE had the other Lati@s at Southern Island. I kind of hope the implement the last one in the game this time. They didn't do any event for obtaining the opposite Weather legendary and I don't think they've ever done something like that.

Personally, I want tons of Wi-Fi events since we never get any physical distributions in NZ. I'd like to see Southern Island, Deoxys and Regigigas in game rather than in events. Hopefully Jirachi or Deoxys will be distributed online otherwise.

EDIT: Oh Celebi was available in Japan in Johto as well. Events go way back.

Mew was the very first event Pokémon, for Red and Green. So events have always been around. The Mew event is credited with saving the franchise, as well.
Wait the Mew event saved what now? I have a hard time believing that.

Wait the Mew event saved what now? I have a hard time believing that.

Mew might have remained a secret forever were it not for certain bugs in the games that led some players to discover its existence. As rumors of a hidden Pokémon began to spread, Nintendo capitalized on them by launching the "Legendary Pokémon Offer" in CoroCoro Comic. Twenty winners would be selected to have Mew put on their game cartridges, and there were around 78,000 entrants. Nintendo and Game Freak have both indicated that this was the turning point for Red and Green, lifting them to best-seller status.

On the Origin of Species: Mew - Bulbanews

Red and Green were doing well but they weren't a massive success. Not until everyone started obsessing over Mew and GameFreak capitalized on it by making it an event Pokémon.

Okay but that's how it was in Japan. I thought the comment was being made in reference to red and blue here in the states.

Context is always nice.

Okay but that's how it was in Japan. I thought the comment was being made in reference to red and blue here in the states.

Context is always nice.

Well, if the franchise had never been successful in Japan, it never would've reached the US, so context isn't needed since the meaning is still the same. Mew saved Pokémon, meanwhile Mewtwo gets all of the glory with two movies, two anime specials, being catchable in 13 games and having two Mega's, while Mew gets 2 movies and 1 anime episode and is only catchable in one game... -.-

I'd like a Meloetta side event kinda thing as it isn't Hoenn exclusive ect, and I never got the chance to get it.
I see them doing the Deoxys and Jirachi events again, hopefully they'll make Deoxys location available already, and then give us a download/something to make deoxys appear there and we could catch it?

I REALLY hope they let us actually take the rocket to the moon and catch Deoxys and/or Jirachi, I'm pretty sure most of our childhood selves would be very happy to put it plainly :p

I like the Cherish balls from the Events you just receive, but it would be great if they added ones we can catch in game on top of the ones we receive. I would really like them to bring back the "ticket" events we had from Crystal to Black and White. It's a lot of fun to catch the Legendaries in game. I also wish that they would take out the shiny lock for legendaries. Some of them have really cool shiny forms, namely Zekrom and Reshiram.

Context is always nice.

Well, if the franchise had never been successful in Japan, it never would've reached the US, so context isn't needed since the meaning is still the same. Mew saved Pokémon, meanwhile Mewtwo gets all of the glory with two movies, two anime specials, being catchable in 13 games and having two Mega's, while Mew gets 2 movies and 1 anime episode and is only catchable in one game... -.-
But thats what makes Mew so much better unlike mewtwo thats freaking everywhere mew is a gem thats very hard to find, heck it hasn't had an event in four years ( SO I think its getting one soon) besides mew being so rare is what brought pokemon to be so popular to remove its rareness is to ignore what saved pokemon. And to keep up the tradition we get event exclusive pokemon every generation.

Context is always nice.

But thats what makes Mew so much better unlike mewtwo thats freaking everywhere mew is a gem thats very hard to find, heck it hasn't had an event in four years ( SO I think its getting one soon) besides mew being so rare is what brought pokemon to be so popular to remove its rareness is to ignore what saved pokemon. And to keep up the tradition we get event exclusive pokemon every generation.

I'm not saying Mew has to be scattered all over every region like Pikachu. I'm just saying, Megatwo X and Megatwo Y could've been better for Mew itself since Mewtwo is manmade and therefore the souls of dead Mewtwo could not have infused themselves into rocks 3000 years ago to make the Mega Stones (if the theory proposed by the game is true, which it most likely is). Mew is incredibly rare, yes. But there's a handful of them around the world. With Rocket's Mewtwo and Plasma's (unconfirmed) Mewtwo, there's two. And that's going by the anime. In the games there is only one. So why is one individual so highly focused on when it's cloned from a species that is more common than it is?

I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
This has literally been my dream since I was actually 10.
And you find its megastone after you catch it.

maybe we can go to faraway island and battle red and if we beat him he gives us a mew with its mega stone >.> or just its mega stone and we catch it.

Also no more event like the shiny jirachi event, should be japan exclusive, we haven't had jirachi in awhile when do we get another?

Frankly, I could care less whether Mew makes the cut or not. Deoxys and especially Jirachi should be first before any other legendary event in OR/AS.

maybe we can go to faraway island and battle red and if we beat him he gives us a mew with its mega stone >.> or just its mega stone and we catch it.

Also no more event like the shiny jirachi event, should be japan exclusive, we haven't had jirachi in awhile when do we get another?
Yesplz. Especially since they showed in Origins that he was going out to hunt for Mew, and we know he can mega evolve. That would be one epic battle.
Frankly, I could care less whether Mew makes the cut or not. Deoxys and especially Jirachi should be first before any other legendary event in OR/AS.
Agreed that we DEFINITELY need Deoxys (space shuttle plz). Mew should be next up though.

Well, considering the Emerald one's the only in-game Mew ever to be released... It's definitely the very first in line.

*winces at "could care less"*

But I agree. We're playing Hoenn so I want the Hoenn event legends. Please.

I know I'm just setting myself up for dissapointment, but seeing the whole sneaking up on pikachus tail in the overworld bit of the latest trailer really makes me wonder about if they'll be willing to take a risk an have the Mew event make a return. Assuming the mew event does return for a moment, when would we see it? Straight after the beldum event to cash in on ORAS being a new release or later on towards the end of ORAS time o shine?

Well they did keep the celebi event in iex forest but made it bigger,
They didn't keep it; the GS Ball and Giovanni events are very different. For one thing, the former made Celebi catchable and the latter was unlocked by a Celebi tied to a movie promotion.

maybe they'll keep the events from the old ruby and sapphire
Ruby and Sapphire only had the Southern Island event for the Soul Dew.

Quite a few people think Jirachi will be getting a mega in the demo, and I think I'd actually prefer getting a demo with an event legend as the focus over an in-game event.

But thats what makes Mew so much better unlike mewtwo thats freaking everywhere mew is a gem thats very hard to find, heck it hasn't had an event in four years ( SO I think its getting one soon)

Just realized and wow. 18 years later, Mewtwo is still the strongest Pokémon and Mew is still the most elusive Pokémon.

Even after God was introduced.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom