• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Events in the Remakes

How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

• Just give us the event Pokémon directly

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
But thats what makes Mew so much better unlike mewtwo thats freaking everywhere mew is a gem thats very hard to find, heck it hasn't had an event in four years ( SO I think its getting one soon)

Just realized and wow. 18 years later, Mewtwo is still the strongest Pokémon and Mew is still the most elusive Pokémon.

Even after God was introduced.

Arceus was more powerful, until Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions were introduced. But yep, Mew is still the most elusive, I really hope there's an event for it in the new games.

But thats what makes Mew so much better unlike mewtwo thats freaking everywhere mew is a gem thats very hard to find, heck it hasn't had an event in four years ( SO I think its getting one soon)

Just realized and wow. 18 years later, Mewtwo is still the strongest Pokémon and Mew is still the most elusive Pokémon.

Arceus was more powerful, until Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions were introduced. But yep, Mew is still the most elusive, I really hope there's an event for it in the new games.

Arceus has a bigger base stat total, but Mewtwo is faster, hits harder, and Arceus is limited to Plates, making Mewtwo slightly better than Arceus in practical terms.

Anyway, I want to come back to Faraway Island.

About the poll: Personally I like having legendaries with my own OT ID, so I like better the old way of catching the Pokémon ourselves rather than receiving the event Pokémon directly.

When I was a kid I found an interesting offer on eBay that I convinced my mom to buy me on eBay. It was to send my Emerald cartridge to this guy, who put all the tickets to all the islands on my game, and I thought it was perfectly legitimate, but I was able to go and battle all five Pokemon in the events, Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Latias. So you could say I was one of the few that had been to every island. I like in-game events better than the "go see this mailman and get an Arceus" type events.

When I was a kid I found an interesting offer on eBay that I convinced my mom to buy me on eBay. It was to send my Emerald cartridge to this guy, who put all the tickets to all the islands on my game, and I thought it was perfectly legitimate, but I was able to go and battle all five Pokemon in the events, Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Latias. So you could say I was one of the few that had been to every island. I like in-game events better than the "go see this mailman and get an Arceus" type events.
So it was legit? You were a lucky kid :p

I totally want them to do events like they just release the pokemon into your game and you go catch it.
I think that may
1: teach those kids who had it easy a lesson on events.XD
2: give us a challenge on finding and catching a legendary.
it's been awhile since we've had to go catch legendary's like that.
I'm really hoping that they'll do a mew event though, regardless of their method of getting it here.

I'm hoping for that kind, I missed the most recent ones: I'm pretty sure in Platinum, it was with Shaymin abd Darkrai, because I didn't get into Pokemon *GAMES* until the end of HGSS' lifetime, though I did get the Celebi. (and transferred it to White immediately, before I battled Giovanni) The only one I got was the Zorua, if that even counts, in Castelia City in BW.

Hey guys, why don't we brainstorm ideas for how events for certain pokemon could work? Like, maybe at the space center, an astronaut that landed on the moon hasn't returned yet, and they send need the champion to check it out, and you end up catching Deoxys.

Hey guys, why don't we brainstorm ideas for how events for certain pokemon could work? Like, maybe at the space center, an astronaut that landed on the moon hasn't returned yet, and they send need the champion to check it out, and you end up catching Deoxys.

I like that idea, it's something I believed in as a kid. Or the triangle island would be good as well.

I'm still confused why people want to catch Deoxys in the moon, didn't it land directly on Earth? (Based on the Pokedex entries) So what's the point of going to the moon if it's not there? Same thing with Jirachi, it was never stated anywhere they are on the moon, unless i missed something.

I'm still confused why people want to catch Deoxys in the moon, didn't it land directly on Earth? (Based on the Pokedex entries) So what's the point of going to the moon if it's not there? Same thing with Jirachi, it was never stated anywhere they are on the moon, unless i missed something.

Some old rumour from the RSE days that said you could go to the moon from Mossdeep and catch one of them.

So it was legit? You were a lucky kid :p

Pretty much, I was so happy when I got it back. Deoxys was my favorite Pokemon until Empoleon came around.

Well they did keep the celebi event in iex forest but made it bigger, maybe they'll keep the events from the old ruby and sapphire

There also was that event in HGSSwhere you could catch a lvl 1 Giratina, palkia or dialga after putting an event arceus on your game i think there was something similar in platinum as well with the golems

Mew isn't as elusive as you think as it was a reward on the game my pokemon ranch along with phione and here is the info on how to get it

Once 250 Pokémon are present on the ranch, it will expand and jump to a new level. When this level is obtained, Hayley will add a new Pokémon to the "Wanted" board, Leafeon. When Leafeon is brought to the ranch, she will offer to trade her Phione for it.

When 999 Pokémon are present, the ranch will expand and jump to level 25, the maximum level. Once this level is obtained, a new wanted Pokémon will be added. Hayley is now asking for any Pokémon Egg. When the Egg is brought, she will offer to trade her Mew for it.

I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
Or better yet, soft reset for a shiny. Since Mew is untradable via the GTS anyway, why the slag not? It's not like the GTS will be flooded with them! And better yet, I get to name it, which is something I would love to do. Every Pokemon I have is given a name. That makes them completely unique and special to me and my team. (You think I kid? I speak in different tones when it comes to Riser, Dogū and Titan. They may all be Golurk but they all had different roles and their names speak to this.) I'm dead sick of being handed a Pokemon that is rare and unnameable. Let me catch it and give it a worthy name. In the case of Mew, it would be "Precious".

I think they would probably shiny lock it now even if they chose to put it in the remakes, sad to say, that seems to be a recent trend with Game Freak.

Also sad to say, now I cant see them recreating this or other events like this in the remake, I have a lot of doubts they'll be included.

Glad i got my shiny heatran when i did then

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom