• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ever been bullied cos of Pokemon?

Oswin

Reaction score
I don't think I have, I just say I don't give a crap what you think, and that's that.

What about you?

Last edited:
Well, aside from the verbal abuse I'm assuming most of us dealt with at some point, the only time anyone ever actually did anything was during 4th grade when one of the future rednecks pulled my Gold version out of my Gameboy while I was playing it. I smacked him in the eye with the corner of my Gameboy, he had to go to the nurse and I got suspended. Totally worth it just to see his tears. :cool:

I wouldn't call it bullying, but I get really annoyed sometimes when family and my fiance ask when I plan on growing up. Granted, I'm about to graduate college, but there's no reason I shouldn't still play pokemon. I like it. There are very few things I DO like anymore.

It's been especially bad because HGSS came out and I spend so much time playing it.

...sometimes I lie and say I have errands to run or I have class or something, but I'm really hoarded up in my room playing pokemon. x_x I shouldn't have to do that.

This has nothing to do with HeartGold and SoulSilver. Moving to the proper section.

Yeah sorry I'm kinda new to the forums and i now realise this belongs an other area, sorry.
Oh and I get the odd your a baby but Everyones different :)

I wouldn't call it bullying, but I get really annoyed sometimes when family and my fiance ask when I plan on growing up.

...sometimes I lie and say I have errands to run or I have class or something, but I'm really hoarded up in my room playing pokemon. x_x I shouldn't have to do that.

:-( Agreed. Your family should either keep their opinions to themselves (assuming they're being serious or taking their teasing to far) or just accept it. The only person in my family who cares whether or not I still like Pokemon is my twin (her boyfriend also likes it, to her dismay) and every time she asks "When are you going to grow up and quit playing those stupid games?" I always put on my cool-face and respond "When you get a job". That shuts her up, or pisses her off. It all depends on the time of the month.

Lol Shooterman.

A few years ago some... not very nice comments were made. But it's alright now. Some people will tell me to grow up, but I think they realized a long time ago that it's not going to happen.

I've been teased a couple times too, by my friend who keeps telling me to "grow up", however, I know that he plays pokemon too so it's really kind of stupid :p

Nah. They're just like : "OMG! POKEMON AGAIN?" And don't say anything else

I don't recall being bullied at all, more like accepted since you either liked Pokemon or did your own thing where I grew up.

Nah,not bullying.
In my old school when I was 7-9,my friends were fans just like me;that's how I got into the thing,in fact.
In the school I am now, I brought a wave of Pokémon with me,too.That was the time of D/P.I got like 5 people(4 from my grade) to buy Diamond or Pearl!
Some time has passed since then,and even though my friends and I still play the TCG ocasionally,they don't play the games anymore. Sometimes they say stuff like "Pokemon is sh**"
Where I live now,only one of my friends is going to buy SoulSilver.

All my friends diss me about loving pokemon, and I have a lot of friends. Everyday is the same for me T.T

Not really. Even though I don't tell them that I play Pokémon, my friends still know I do, and sometimes when they're talking about someone bullying or threatening someone else about something little and insignificant, they'll say to me, "that's like making of you for liking Pokémon."

Everyone who knows doesn't care. Apart from the obvious person. Dad. He's the only one in my family who really cares about it, and always tells me to grow out of it. He teases me when I watch the animé and constantly says something along the lines of "this is a pile of shit, turn it off". I usually storm off to my room at this point.

Though it's not really bullying,one day they annoyed me for liking it...today the only people who know i like it are my closest friends.

One time my brother mentioned him getting me Pokemon cards for my birthday in front of someone else my grade, and the person said "Pokemon?! You should go hang out with (apparently another person that likes pokemon)." I don't really like that person, anyway, so it didn't really matter too much :p
My brother also likes to say that Pokemon is dumb, but then the next day he's begging me to let him take my Pokewalker to school with him. So I don't really take his insults to Pokemon that seriously. xD

Totally, and it sucks. It's partly why I've suffered at school. It's so annoying that people don't realise that Pokemon is something else than the anime.

its kind of both ways.
theres half my friends who also love pokemon (i know atleast 6 people who preordered hg/ss and in total8-9 people who still play pokemon consistantly ) :)
but then theres the other half of my friends who are like PFFTLOL lame.
but then i just go talk to the people who love pokemon again :p

some friends are on the fence though, they dont play but they don't really care what I do. cause most of them are druggies ;P

Actually, some years back, yes. The "cool" people back at "yläaste" (the three last years of Finnish elementary) did really think it was very amusing to make fun of it. Then again, they had a similar problem with me being one of the two people brave enough to wear a cycling helmet.

Nowadays, no one really has said anything bad about it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom