• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ever been burnt in the Wonder Trade?

Phoenix3455

Reaction score
has anyone ever been burnt in the Wonder trade I have been a few times but I mean I've gotten some good trades but has anyone been burnt like bad

Can't say that I have. Disappointed, certainly but generally I haven't offered much of value to really risk being burned.

I've gotten some nice finds so overall, I've been pretty lucky.

I agree about the Zigzagoon yes I've done that too I must've gotten rid of one or five of them that way too

According to a site where people register their Wonder Trades, Zigzagoon is the most common result, and thus, the most hated Pokémon in the Wonder Trade community. Wurmple and Poochyena are not far behind. I'd say more, but I fear what I would say will be classified as spam.

I've sent off a couple of six IV breeding scraps only to get a Bidoof in response. That angers me more than the Zigzagoon, believe me.

I'm currently in the process of breeding through Masuda Method a Shiny Carbink in Alpha Sapphire (English Carbink + Japanese Ditto), and my breedjects tend to have very good IV. I've bred over 300 so far, and most of the results tend to be either Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Bunnelby, Wingull, Magikarp etc. Very disappointing, and maybe why we have Wonder Trade Wednesday.

I think part of the reason may be because of people who do Wonderlockes. I know that I've sent some trash that I caught in my own Wonderlocke, especially early on, but there is nothing I can do about that.

I don't think there's anything to say "wow this is the worse" since most of us are aware of how wt offers and slowly got used to it, but after a while of trading it does get tiring to fill your boxes with the same pokémon.

Still remember the bad egg thing that occured, thank goodness I never got one. That'd have been.. being burnt and bad.

I get lots of Weedle, Magikarp, and Fletchling. It gets tiresome at times, but it makes the occasions when you get a good Pokemon worth it...most of the time.

As far as I'm concerned you cannot be burned in Wonder Trade ... by definition. You KNOW you don't know what you'll be traded in exchange for whatever you ship off, and that's the whole point. If you offer up a high value Pokemon and get early route filler in return then you had to expect that.

Sometimes I get luvdiscs through wonder trade. -_-
Who wonder trades a luvdisc?!? Getting one of those in my opinion is worse than getting a zigzagoon!

Sometimes, even though I get Zigzagoons and Wingulls often, the other guy isn't always so cruel becasue they'll give out items as well.

Potions, Pretty wings, even a Nugget once.

Sometimes I get luvdiscs through wonder trade. -_-
Who wonder trades a luvdisc?!? Getting one of those in my opinion is worse than getting a zigzagoon!
Well you gotta dump your heart scale fishing leftovers somewhere

Something I hate it's how people wondertrade pokés with crappy names, I think one of the worst were fword and other stuff I can't really say :p they obviously do it on purpose.

Well you gotta dump your heart scale fishing leftovers somewhere

Something I hate it's how people wondertrade pokés with crappy names, I think one of the worst were fword and other stuff I can't really say :p they obviously do it on purpose.

Seriously, why catch and trade Luvdisc when they're very undesired when the more simple solution is Thief or Covet the Heart Scales? Or Rock Smash on certain routes in X & Y? Or just buy them on the Global Link for 250 Poke Miles each?

I once got a Shiny Zigzagoon with a very foul nickname that mentioning will result in a ban. I also got a Shelmet with a vulgar nickname; I was surprised that Nintendo didn't even censor it. Both were released. But still, I am appalled that some people choose to be trolls by trading early route trash and sometimes give them offensive nicknames.

I did get a Shiny Mew once that was kind of nice

Same here. I've even gotten a Shiny Diancie, and I am very happy to have one. Even if they are most likely hacked. Heck, it appears most of the Shiny Pokémon we get through Wonder Trade are hacked.

Anytime I get trash pokes with less than 3 IVs (I compulsively check everything I get with the Judge) or with an offensive name I release them. I don't get too annoyed because in my first day of WT back when I first got X I got a Kyurem and an Uxie and didn't even know what they were :ROFLMAO: but still, people shouldn't be WT'ing rubbish, that's just being a dick

Just got a Shiny Imposter Full 6IV Ditto over wonder trade....

Yeah, It's hacked. But, oh well.

......I do feel oddly burned though.

EDIT:
And I just now got a Shiny Paras with 5IV with a Leftovers equipped to boot..

I feel better now.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom