• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ever been burnt in the Wonder Trade?

I guess so. I really don't expect anything less from the Wonder Trade, really. I bred a lot of great natured, good 31 IV set Charmanders that I put in the Wonder Trade and all I got in return was trash like Weedle, Zigzagoon, beginning route birds, the like. If the Pokemon I got wasn't useless, they had TERRIBLE nicknames. I am talking obscene without tripping the censors. Bonus points if it was something worthless and had an obscene nickname. Still, it's a good place to get rid of the excess Charmander without having to release them, so why not spread the joy? Even if it is to people who think obscene nicknames is comedy gold of the year.

Yes, but I still really enjoy WT, it's so addicting.

I once traded a Skitty, got a Skitty, then traded Skitty to get the same one I just traded... then a third trade got me another Skitty I was like, wtf?
Epic, you should have kept that/those skitty.

That must've been a slow day on the WT.
At least they didn't get the "couldn't find a partner" message. Which is extremely annoying.

Epic, you should have kept that/those skitty.

At least they didn't get the "couldn't find a partner" message. Which is extremely annoying.

I only ever had one Skitty at a time tbf, since it was

Skitty 1 for 2
Skitty 2 for 1
Skitty 1 for 3
Then Skitty 3 for who knows what lol

Oh, yes, lots of times. The most recent (which is also pretty funny) is one time I traded a 5 IV Turtwig on the WT and got a Weedle back. The funny part is... it was named Waspinator. It even had 0 IVs in all departments. Kinda fitting, don't you think? And here I thought I was the only one who named their Weedles Waspinator. Guess I ran into a Beast Wars fan that day.

Oh hey, my first post on here! Getting burnt as I type, Wurmples, Zigzagoons in return for my Charmander breedjects (y) lovely!

However; with the bad, comes the good. I've received that special event shiny Xerneas, shiny Froakie, and a couple other shiny mons...coupled with other breedjects of trainers, which I love receiving...who doesn't?

One thing's for sure, Wonder Trade is a great addition and method to use. I use it a lot more than actual trading (possibly because I breed so much) :D.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, lots of times. The most recent (which is also pretty funny) is one time I traded a 5 IV Turtwig on the WT and got a Weedle back. The funny part is... it was named Waspinator. It even had 0 IVs in all departments. Kinda fitting, don't you think? And here I thought I was the only one who named their Weedles Waspinator. Guess I ran into a Beast Wars fan that day.
I'd be forced to keep it and use it on my next team. Because it's Waspy. And the little guy would deserve it.

I did get burned months ago when I got traded a shiny Mudkip. Sounds great but the Mudkip is at level 100 so it will never evolve. I went from overjoyed to irritated in less than a second. I've also been traded a few hacks; one just happened to be an Event Mew from this year, but it had six IVs and was shiny. I kept it, because well, it's shiny and where else am I going to get a shiny Mew?

I got a level hundred shiny Magikarp one time was pissed too until I saw it had a master ball so I was pretty glad about the master ball but not happy about the level hundred Magikarp

I got a level hundred shiny Magikarp one time was pissed too until I saw it had a master ball so I was pretty glad about the master ball but not happy about the level hundred Magikarp

Haha, similar story here, got a shiny Bagon over Wonder Trade last week and started freaking out, then realized it was Lv. 100 :cry:... Don't get why someone would do it to be honest, worth the laughs though!:LOL:

I was wonder trading Pumpkaboos and someone traded one of them back to me as a Gourgeist. I've also gotten Pokemon with rude nicknames, and Pokemon that would normally evolve through trade holding everstones. (I did that by accident once with a Graveler because it was holding an everstone when I caught it, but I'm pretty sure this didn't just happen to me with Gravelers...)

One thing that I've seen people do on wonder trade to try and burn others is they nickname a fat Pokemon "your mom" and trade it holding a burn heal.

I was wonder trading Pumpkaboos and someone traded one of them back to me as a Gourgeist. I've also gotten Pokemon with rude nicknames, and Pokemon that would normally evolve through trade holding everstones. (I did that by accident once with a Graveler because it was holding an everstone when I caught it, but I'm pretty sure this didn't just happen to me with Gravelers...)

One thing that I've seen people do on wonder trade to try and burn others is they nickname a fat Pokemon "your mom" and trade it holding a burn heal.

I'm still a nice guy even though I'm laughing at this, right? ;)

The Least people could do, if they wanted to pawn off trash bugs is to trade away Scatterbugs, instead of Weedles.

Then maybe people can get their full set of Vivillion, Or at least have fun trying.

Yeah I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a wonder trade, except when I get a lot of zigzagoons or kelceons.

As someone who participates in WTW, getting Zigzagoon and the like is all too common. I think once I got a Electrode with some tasteless terrorist nickname, so that was a thing.

Like an idiot, i traded that out instead of releasing it.

Boy, am I ever tired of Wonder Trade? Of course not.

Sure, I never had anything of a Legendary or Shiny, but I felt that I did get an Houndour with Pokerus just once, and I got baby Pokemon (Level 1 born from Eggs) around several times which I don't mind, since I can level them up with my strongest Pokemon by facing very strong Pokemon to level them up in ORAS with my Exp. Share on.

When I receive Zigzagoon or other useless stuff, I release them right away instead of Wonder Trading them like a bad troll. Instead, I give out strong Pokemon of around level 40 to please those who need a different Pokemon. I received a Level 1 Tepig until I level it enough to make it an Emboar and Wonder Trade it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom