• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ever run into a missingo? :P

GoldenrodGOD

Unrivalled Confidence xo
Reaction score
I did cos my brother found one and I freaked out and turned it off so i didnt get to use the rare candy cheat

I'm never gonna play pokemon red/blue/yellow again,but I'm interested to know what you had to do to make the rare candy cheat work *without gameshark or action replay or whatever*

Nintendo should just give-in and make Missingno a joke legendary in the generation 5 game. Maybe in some messed up lair where you have to surf across nothing with glitching walls.

It could also evolve into a flying Kangaskahn.

Is there anyone who hasn't run into Missingno?

Seriously. Everyone has tried it.

But to do the "unlimited items trick", you need to put the item you want in the 6th or 7th slot in your bag... I can't remember which one.

I've ran into Missingno. ...a lot.

The first time I ran into a MissingNo. was when I heard online about the Mew Trick, so I got my old Blue cart and played it, to test the glitch. First, I got a mew, then I experimented and after a Lapras, Scyther, and Nidoqueen, I went to one of the fishers south of Lavender Town and th̨̫̬̗̤͆̀͌e̢̜͕̟̓̓͆n̒̽͌̐͛̏̚ Į̢̞̞̳̦͔̘̪͚͌̅̆͐ͯ͞ ̣̩̮̙̇ͤͧ̾̅ͦ͢͠f̢̼̯̹̎̑̒o̸͗ͦ̏ͫ̔̿ͪͯ͏͇u̵͈̮̼̗̗̾ͨͥ̄͂̚n̷̠͇̭̦͉̻̭͊͌́̿͒̏̆̚͠͞ḑ̣͖̤̫̈͛ͮ͐̿͒ͧ̽ͭ͘ ͚͔̫ͦͨ̋̈́͛̑ͤ̔̀͘M̴̮͕͈̜͓̥̹̆i͍̪͕̩̩̓̽̆͠s̤̮̮̓̅̇̇ͥ̂͂ͧ̏s̛̞̣̠̘̹̋̒į̞̯̰̖ͨ̓́n̩̠͈͖̾̏̅̒̌ͥ͋ͪ͛͜g̠̪͚̣̳͎̝̮̎̇ͪ͌ͨ̆̚N̋̓ͫͯ̌̓ͦ̔͟҉̻̙̳o̴̴̺̞̰͕͓̟͉̹̲͂̓.̎ͬ̍͛́ͣ̇ͩͨ͏̦͎͉͇̣ ̧̱͔͚̘̹̙̰͕̎ͨ̆̍̔̑͡f̬̩̬͇̳̩̹̌̽̽̓̓̿̓̆̚͡ͅo͙̘̮̰̖̪͎͓̲̒̾̇ͬ̒̉ͯ͠r̢̭̜͎͗ͪ̆̑ͥ̑̀ ͕̘͂̑͒ͫͯ̈́͑̀͜͞t͉̯̭̝͍ͩͫ́͘h͙͍̗͍̻̳̓́̅ͯͩ̾̿ě̞͙̒̽ͯͭ͆̾̚ ͚̲͇͖̥͑ͨ͠f̼̮̖̭̼̻ͭ̈͊̃î̸̧͍̲̎͗̃͜r̴͕̦͉̯̭ͮ̿̅̚͘ŝ̷̵̻̩̂̄̆̌̔ͮt̞͈̞̗̬̓̈́͛ͅ ͚̰̺̦̄͛̓̆̑͘ṯ̠̹̋ͭ̓̀̇̃ͣ̚i̧͍̤̤̝̻̫͎̼ͧͬ͑̅ͦ̐̉̃͆̀m̷͚̲̘̳͔̦͚̺ͭ͜ē̢͚̗̖̞͕͚͒̐̈́͗̈́̆ͮ͝

I'm pretty sure you know how to get Missingno., but for the sake of interest I can tell you more. :p

You start by talking to the old man in Viridian City who shows you how to catch Pokemon. The reason Missingno. appears is because when the Old Man catches the Weedle, the game actually changes your name to "OLD MAN", and puts the data for your real name in the same place that they put the data for wild Pokemon in the area. This is usually okay because there are no wild Pokemon in Viridian City without Surfing or fishing.

Anyways, when you Fly to Cinnabar Island, there are no Pokemon there either so the data isn't reset. Then you surf on the line of the island, which has no data because it's considered land for some reason. So instead it just uses the data from wherever you were last. But because wherever you were last is replaced by your name, this is why glitch Pokemon like Missingno. appear. This is also why Missingno. has different "forms", this is based on your name as well.

Anyways, for some reason the encounter flag for Missingno. causes the sixth item in your bag to be maxed out to like, 122 or whatever. I forget why that happens, but that's what happens. :p

lol sorry for the tl;dr but hope i helped haha

Ah Missingno. I pretty much messed up my friend's game with Missingno glitches. Too bad it stopped working at all.

EDIT: Moved my text above the quote which seems to break the layout :D

Yes, of course I met Missingno. (notice the spelling). I used to duplicate items in Red with it; once I unintentionally duplicated my Bike :D

Man, this post is epic. :D

The first time I ran into a MissingNo. was when I heard online about the Mew Trick, so I got my old Blue cart and played it, to test the glitch. First, I got a mew, then I experimented and after a Lapras, Scyther, and Nidoqueen, I went to one of the fishers south of Lavender Town and th̨̫̬̗̤͆̀͌e̢̜͕̟̓̓͆n̒̽͌̐͛̏̚Į̢̞̞̳̦͔̘̪͚͌̅̆͐ͯ͞ ̣̩̮̙̇ͤͧ̾̅ͦ͢͠f̢̼̯̹̎̑̒o̸͗ͦ̏ͫ̔̿ͪͯ͏͇u̵͈̮̼̗̗̾ͨͥ̄͂̚n̷̠͇̭̦͉̻̭͊͌́̿͒̏̆̚͠͞ḑ̣͖̤̫͚͔̫̈͛ͮ͐̿͒ͧ̽ͭͦͨ̋̈́͛̑ͤ̔̀͘͘M̴̮͕͈̜͓̥̹̆i͍̪͕̩̩̓̽̆͠s̤̮̮̓̅̇̇ͥ̂͂ͧ̏s̛̞̣̠̘̹̋̒į̞̯̰̖ͨ̓́n̩̠͈͖̾̏̅̒̌ͥ͋ͪ͛͜g̠̪͚̣̳͎̝̮̎̇ͪ͌ͨ̆̚N̋̓ͫͯ̌̓ͦ̔͟҉̻̙̳o̴̴̺̞̰͕͓̟͉̹̲͂̓ .̎ͬ̍͛́ͣ̇ͩͨ͏̦͎͉͇̣ ̎ ̧̱͔͚̘̹̙̰͕ͨ̆̍̔̑͡ f̬̩̬͇̳̩̹̌̽̽̓̓̿̓̆̚͡ͅo̒̾̇ͬ̒̉ ͙̘̮̰̖̪͎͓̲ͯ͠ r̢̭̜͎͗ͪ̆̑ͥ̑̀ ͕̘͂̑͒ͫͯ̈́͑̀͜͞ t͉̯̭̝͍ͩͫ́͘h̓́̅ ͙͍̗͍̻̳ͯͩ̾̿ě̞͙̒̽ͯͭ͆̾̚ ͚̲͇͖̥͑ͨ͠f̼̮̖̭̼̻ͭ̈͊̃ î̸̧͍̲̎͗̃͜r̴͕̦͉̯̭ͮ̿̅̚͘ŝ̷̵̻̩̂̄̆̌̔ͮt̞͈̞̗̬̓̈́͛ͅ ͚̰̺̦̄͛̓̆̑͘ ṯ̠̹̋ͭ̓̀̇̃ͣ̚i̧͍̤̤̝̻̫͎̼ͧͬ͑̅ͦ̐̉̃͆̀ m̷͚̲̘̳͔̦͚̺ͭ͜ē̢͚̗̖̞͕͚͒̐̈́͗̈́̆ͮ͝

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Um... WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE PAGE?

EDIT: Could fix it by adding two newlines before [/QUOTE]. Keegman, you should do that too, my post is currently inside yours :D
E2: No, it went broken again when I reloaded the page. :D
E3: Throwing in extra spaces between the letters seems to fix the problem for me.

Last edited:
I nicknamed my porygon blebleble.

I tried to fix blue's batttery but failed, so I have yet to encounter him :-(

I recently came across this and though it was nice, but very made up.

Last edited:
oh yes, several times on accident

i was i about 3rd-4th grade and i thought i had discovered it lol

Oh of course, I love glitch Pokemon. My cousin told me about it and I didn't believe him, so I tried the cheat out and so be it there was Missingno.! Of course at the time I didn't catch it, but later I did. Don't believe the rumors, the worse thing it does is causes a few graphical errors, and messes up the Pokemon League site on the PC. (Oh and it can cause you to end up in a version of Glitch City that yours truly found one day in Silph Co....)

I =t was great being 11 years old and having god like status in school because i was one off the few who knew how to encounter it. That and capturing mew

shame the internet has since spolied my best kept pokemon secrets lol

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom