• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Everybody Has a Special Somebody Mafia Mafia [Night 2]

Are you ok with this starting on Feb 14 (Valentine's Day)?

• Yes

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Yes, but I'd prefer the 15th

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No, I'd prefer the 15th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'd prefer [reply to the thread with your preferred start date]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Before I get carried away, please notice the poll for the game's anticipated start date. You can help decide.

I've decided to announce my latest EiMM game by starting it off with the twist right at the top. Didn't expect that, did ya!?

This game will have a lovely little twist, in that each player will be randomly (and secretly of course) paired up with a partner, with a shared sort of combo role that based on who's alive/dead in the pair, will have different powers. Your RolePMs will tell you who your partner of power is. For instance:

<Player 1> and <Player 2> are Ash Ketchum and Pikachu.

• Combo: Pikachu can issue RoleBlocks, and Ash passively empowers Pikachu with a strongwilled, making it so Pikachu can't fail
  • If Ash is dead and Pikachu is alive: Pikachu can only Roleblock, but in a fit of rage, can Roleblock two people at once
  • If Pikachu is dead and Ash is alive: Ash can swap to a different Pokémon, of which he may have 5 others, and can empower either of their abilities
Both players will be aware of their own personal role and their combo roles only. Use this kind of knowledge to your benefit; if you can't avoid death, strategically get one of your own dead to reap the rewards of additional powers for your duo. Winners will not share victory despite being paired for powers, and there are cases in which you may want to make sure that your partner dies, to maximize your powers...or work with them to maximize your potential, until that is, winners need to be decided

With that being saaaaaaaaaaaid,

pikachu_s_love_for_ketchup_by_saphirathehedgehog1-d61yt4y.jpg

Everybody Has a Special Somebody Mafia Mafia 1.4, is ready to go!
General Rules and Mechanics

• In this game, everyone submits an Alias. They will go by that for the purpose of night actions. Do with that what you will. There are no limits (with the exception of Bulbagarden Rules) to this. You will be most often referred to as being this alias, and both you and other players will not know innately the player behind the alias, unless shared or discovered by other means.
  • In this game, you may submit a Character.
  • Roles are predetermined, but will be modified slightly based on your character.
  • No Editing in-thread posts. Please minimize OC log editing (if it cannot be avoided).
  • Deadposting is ok, but no sharing information after being dead.
  • Posting in thread and communicating via Outside Contact is ok. Heck, it's basically mandatory. Please refrain from posting in thread during a Phase Pause. This means that an action is processing, and will typically be resolved within minutes.
  • This game is OC. Communicate with other players however you want. Include me in your logs though (Discord/Skype/QuickTopic/PM/smoke signal/HAM radio/etc). This will make Postgame all the better!
  • Do not screenshot OC conversations or Mod-sent Messages (like your Role and Results, or any Discord Messages) with other players, with the intent to share them with other players. Copy/Pasting is allowed, and encouraged. Logs sent in this format can be meddled with but as long as I have the original, what you send to others is free game.
  • If you die before fulfilling your win condition, you cannot win with your failed win condition.
  • No being a jerk and no screenshots of Mod-to-you PMs (aka don't screenshot messages I send to your RolePM). Copy/Paste is ok...or fake it, I don't care! As long as it's not a screenshot, I don't care.
  • N1 & N2 are 48 hours. N3-> are 24 hours. With only nights, Lynches won't naturally occur (even though the game will clearly take place during the daytime).
  • Once I receive all actions, and publically declare it, actions are considered locked and phase ends. This may end phase early.
  • Late Submission/No-Shows for Night Actions (with no justification) get slapped on the wrist the first time and Mod-killed the second time.
  • All users will have two Bullet Proof Vests (BPV) to start. All users have a base factional kill. You will be notified if your BPV has been hit. A BPV will only protect against one hit. If you are targeted by more killing actions than vests that you have during a night, and have no other outside means of protection, you will die.
  • If your action or shot has been redirected, you will know who it was redirected to. If your action or shot fails, you will be given clues to interpret how.
    • For instance, if I tell you "Your shot failed", it is safe to assume that something prevented you from firing. If I tell you "Your role succeeded", but the results are not what you would have expected (maybe you shot a person with doctor's protection), then your shot did what it was supposed to do and a different role altered the results.
  • No Self-targeting unless your role specifically states so.
  • You may target the dead/nonlisted players and/or aliases, but I cannot promise that results will occur. Targeting Mods or Informed Observers will fail 100% of the time.
  • I will not declare player's Role Characters until flips; that's for you to figure out. RP is encouraged, but not mandatory. Anything mentioned in flavor is purely for you to speculate at and wonder if I've actually included it.

What to do if you want to join:

1. Post in here that you will be joining.
    1. If your post does not include a picture that goes along with the theme of this game, AND the username of the person who posted immediately before you (or close to, if timing is inconvenient and ninjas happen), I'll assume you don't care to read the rules fully and if you can't read the rules, I ain't letting you in!
  2. After posting your Signup post, Send me a PM including your choice of Alias. When game starts, I'll distribute a PM to you with your Role.
    1. Additionally, you may send me a Character, which will influence the role that you receive, but it will not change the character that you are. All Roles are prebuilt with predetermined characters relationships, and your character submission will simply alter the role slightly.
  3. Be aware that there can only be by default, 3 people who win based on the standard win-con. This is not a multi-faction game but it can include multiple winners via the standard win condition.
    1. There may be other win conditions, but none will conflict with the standard.
    2. If more than 30 players join, then I will allow one additional person to win using the formula [3 + Player Count/20], rounded up
      1. i.e. if 33 people join, 4 people can win. If 41 people join, 5 people can win.
  4. Signups are open until Monday, February 12 at 11:59pm. GMT=0 (7:59pm EST/GMT-5).
    1. The game should thus start between Feb 14 and Feb 15 depending on game size and time required to potentially re-balance.
*Suggestion: Post the best method of OC Communication for yourself when you Signup, to improve your odds of winning.

The Standard Win-Con

You are allied with yourself, and win when you become one of the final [3, or if 30+ players, (3+PlayerCount/20)] players, left alive! To achieve this title, you must be the last surviving member of the game, or in a situation in which nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Signups [Living Players]

1. Alette
  2. Anime27Arts
  3. DarthWolf
  4. Fenrir
  5. FinalArcadia
  6. Hashirama Senju [Joined via Discord]
  7. Jiac
  8. Ken Masters
  9. Makoto
  10. Max1996
  11. Pika_pika42
  12. PuppyMintMocha
  13. RADicate
  14. Refa
  15. returnofMCH
  16. ScarletCelestial
  17. ShiningDiamonds9
  18. Shion Yorigami (HellCrow/FaerieKnight)
  19. SullyMcGully
  20. SwordMaster
  21. The Light
  22. Toluca
  23. Toren
  24. Walrein
  25. XnadrojX (Bomb Moss)
  26. Xyren
  27. Zellie

Alias List [Living Aliases], not revealed until Game Start

1. Aiyaar
  2. Aniles
  3. Aster
  4. Cyanate
  5. dashing young man
  6. Don't Hug Me Tres
  7. Elemental Hero Flare Wingman
  8. Elieson
  9. Epiphenomenal Qualia
  10. Galaxy
  11. Hanson
  12. Isriel
  13. Lithops
  14. Obscura
  15. Party
  16. Pawnage
  17. Pochu
  18. Praline
  19. Scissorman
  20. Shuichi Saihara
  21. Star Seeker
  22. TakingALeafFromCiraxis'sBook
  23. The Haru Who Can Read
  24. Thomas
  25. Time Warp
  26. Waltz
  27. Wolfwood

Graveyard [Dead Players | Dead Aliases]

1. Phase 1
    • Calvin (3.141592654)
    • Ted Wiggins (Luvdisc)
  2. Phase 2
    1. Agdistis (Providence)
    2. CheffOfGames (Suzuno Fuusuke)
    3. DarthWolf (Elieson)
    4. Elementar (Wisp)
    5. Lord Gaius (Shiba)
    6. Rex Glacies (Sir Tan Lee)
    7. Zeonth (Recluse)

Non-Players But Still Somehow Involved

• SoaringDylan (Moderator on Duty)
    • Alternative Game Mod; direct questions to this guy if Elieson is unavailable
  • Flashranite (Key Informed Observer)
    • Will be included into most/all group chats, assists as Mini-MOD
  • Lil Bean (Key Informed Observer)
    • Will be included into most/all group chats, assists as Mini-MOD
  • DerpGhost (Substitute)
  • Bartozio (Informed Observer)
  • Jona | ForgotToFlush (Informed Observer)
  • Merry (Informed Observer)
  • VigilanteVigoroth | VigVig (Informed Observer)
..::MAIN SOURCES FOR OC (OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION)::..
If you wanna join the Game's Group Chat for Discord, click here.

..::How to Contact the Host::..
Discord=Elieson#4395 | Bulbagarden Username=Elieson | Serenes Forest Username=Elieson

..::How to Contact the Individual Players::..
Again, if you wanna join the Game's Group Chat for Discord, click here.
  • Agdistis Agdistis#8295
  • Alette Alette#4085
  • Anime27Arts Anime27Arts#9344
  • Bomb Moss (XnadrojX) Bomb Moss#7787
  • Calvin Calvinッ#7767
  • CheffOfGames CheffOfGames#7878
  • DarthWolf DarthWolf#3192
  • Elementar Elementar#0887
  • FinalArcadia FinalArcadia#6930
  • Fenrir Fenrir#4331
  • Hashirama Senju Hashirama Senju#9420
  • Xyren karma#7986
  • Jiac SFS | Flapjiac ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ#7962
  • Ken Masters Kazooo!#8292
  • Lord Gaius LG#2021
  • Makoto ♞Makoto♞#0830
  • Max1996 Max1996#2744
  • Pika_pika42 Pika_pika42#0176
  • PuppyMintMocha PuppyMintMocha#3634
  • RADicate RADicate (3P1K)#7027
  • Refa Refa#6654
  • returnofMCH returnofMCH#0261
  • Rex Glacies Rex Glacies#0575
  • ScarletCelestial ScarletCelestial#3176
  • ShiningDiamonds9 ShiningDiamonds9#6785
  • Shion Yorigami (Crow) Drift#8236
  • SullyMcGully SullyMcGully#7663
  • SwordMaster Neon Strike Kitty#7107
  • Ted Wiggins Caitlin#0475
  • The Light The Light#3458
  • Toren Toren#0297
  • Walrein Walrein#1651
  • Zeonth Zeonth#7293

Toluca does not have a Discord account, and requests that all OC be done with them via Bulbagarden PM.

Last edited:
Kris-Crystal-pokemon-kris-crystal-34267698-500-518.jpg

Never tried this before, it should be fairly interesting.
Might be even moreso if someone goes full Darth Vader.

(preferred communication method is Discord, Neon Strike Kitty#7107

Last edited by a moderator:
SwordMaster sounds like totally not the name to go with that pfp.
I'm scared already
/in

original

Discord is Kazooo!#8292

Ken Masters should ally with me. I am 100% reliable.
Yzma-and-Kronk-high-five-.gif
Fenrir is in.
Discord's (Fenrir#4331) probably the best way to reach me.

I'm in, best way to get to me is Discord and/or Forum PM.
erased.jpg

Now I should have thought of something creative to say about Cheff. :(

oh, yeah I didn't read the first time. Didn't think you guys would do that on here
ShiningDiamonds9 is sorry for the double post

(Insert picture that I can't find on mobile here)
Does that count?

My apologies, just got onto PC and noticed how huge my picture is... I posted from mobile so it seemed like a normal size.

Also, @ShiningDiamonds9 Welcome to BMGf! Lets hope you stay for more than just EiMM :p

My apologies, just got onto PC and noticed how huge my picture is... I posted from mobile so it seemed like a normal size.

Also, @ShiningDiamonds9 Welcome to BMGf! Lets hope you stay for more than just EiMM :p

Probably not, but possibly. It's happened before where I got hooked onto a forum after one game.

Last time I used Bulbapedia was to cheat at Pokemon Moon, yet I still haven't beaten it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom