• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Everything Else E3 - PS3 motion sensing, PSP-4000, new MGSs, FFXIV, Halo, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For all specific discussion of everything not Nintendo. Because it deserves its own topic. Even if only 4 or 5 people on this board care about anything not Nintendo! Some of the stuff that's been announced so far...

Sony
- PSP-4000, aka PSP Go. It won't have any UMDs, and its memory sticks will be inferior. I'm not looking forward to it.
- PS3 is getting motion sensing controllers. I'm not talking SIXAXIS, or anything like the Wii: this will be a 1:1 ratio deal built straight into the standard controller (I believe). You move the controller a few feet to the left, the game will react accordingly by doing whatever a few feet to the left. Possible PC FPS killer? Maybe.
- A new MGS game for the PSP called Metal Gear Solid: Peace Keepers. It will take place 10 years after MGS3. It's canonical, looks to be true to the series, and will take place in South America.
- Fat Princess scheduled for release this month (team game revolving around getting your team's princess back to the castle and feeding the opponent's food to make her harder to carry back)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum gets the Joker as free DLC. He can only be used in Challenge Mode.
- Final Fantasy XIV. Don't shoot your load just yet, because it's just another MMORPG. Gotta pony up $14.95 a month.
- The Last Guardian. Looks like it's gonna be a cult classic - a long overdue one for the PS3 at that.
- Mod Nation Racers. Looks like the LittleBigPlanet of racers. You can customize races, vehicles, and even tracks. And did I mention the track editor is kickass? Everything from the sun to the slopes to the setting is customizable.
- Final Fantasy 7 announced for release on PSOne classics on the PSN store. Now, if only we could get all the crazy shit Japan has (Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jade motherfucking Cocoon, Policenauts, Resident Evil 1-3)
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
- God of War 3
- WipEout HD expansion pack.
- TNA Home Video to be made available on PSN. Better than watching a Cena match, I guess.
- Dexter and Voltron offering free episodic content this week.
- The exclusive "Agent" by Rockstar games. The guys who made the Grand Theft Auto games. No other information is available.
- Assassin's Creed 2 to be set in a medieval setting and will star Ezio. Get this: you get to work with Leonardo DaVinchi, who makes vehicles and inventions for you to use.
- Assassin's Creed PSP scheduled for release a week before Assassin's Creed 2. Can link up with the PS3 version.
- Resident Evil PSP

Microsoft
- Left 4 Dead 2. Not even a year after the release of the original! Should still be fun, though.
- Crackdown 2. Hopefully, it has actual missions this time, because it was a great sandbox game otherwise.
- Mass Effect 2. 'nuff said.
- Halo: Reach. "...takes place during the fall of Reach, when there are many Spartan-IIs still in action. The trailer shows a colonized Reach under attack by covenant battleships orbiting the planet."
- Halo 3: ODST. You take the role of a generic but still bearing a personality Orbital Drop Shock Trooper in the events leading up to Halo 3.
- The Natal, 360's answer to motion sensing. It looks like shit, and acts like it too.
- Paint Party. Get this: it's basically MS Paint that uses the Natal. And I thought only Nintendo could make shitty motion sensing games!
- Splinter Cell 360 will, in fact, be Splinter Cell 360. It's an exclusive.
- Exclusive Rock Band DLC - The Beatles.
- Forza 3.
- Facebook and Twitter support this fall.
- Live arcade titles to be released: 'Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Monkey Island Special Edition, Battlefield 1943, Trials HD
- Def Jam Rapster. If You're in The Movies and Singstar had a forbidden love child, this would be it.
- The second GTA4 episode: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Other stuff/non-exclusives
- Starcraft 2 will be out by the end of 2009. South Korea collectively orgasms.
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising. You have get to play as Raiden in what is described as "Lightning Bolt Action". Originally thought to be 360-exclusive, now proven otherwise as there are PS3 and PC versions.
- Guitar Hero 5 band list: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210582/guitar-hero-5-band-list-revealed
- Wolfenstein will be out on August 4th (PS3/360/PC). Just "Wolfenstein". It should still be good, though.
- Fallout 3 DLC "Point Lookout" is due out on June 23rd. PS3 users are getting the DLC too, albeit later (the first is out sometime this month).
- Castlevania: Lords of Darkness. (PS3/360)
- Crysis 2
- Doom on iPhone. I still prefer the PC.

Last edited:
Mass Effect 2! Seriously, the only Xbox thing I care about. That and ODST. The Natal project looks flawed. I'm a bit saddened by a lack of exciting news from Microsoft.

Mass Effect 2 is really the only Xbox 360 game that I’m really excited about. The Natal project is just a stupid gimmick that Microsoft wants some attention from the casual set. Noting More. It’s weird. Nintendo had a great E3 this year and Microsoft and Sony didn’t. It’s usually the other way around.

MGS Peace Keepers looks like it's gonna be awesome.

*really wants*

The "PSP Go" (?) won't use UMDs? Sony's counting on everyone loving their downloadable games?

Ah well. If this brings the price down any of the PSP, I might be able to get the Dracula X Chronicles or Prinny.

A new Castlevania has me interested, although it's not for any system I own (sad). But the series has had a bad history with 3D games so far, so I'll wait for a few reviews before deciding if this is worth a PS3 for.

- Paint Party. Get this: it's basically MS Paint that uses the Natal. And I thought only Nintendo could make shitty motion sensing games!

You know, to be fair, the ones Nintendo makes are actually fairly good. It's the third parties that have flooded the Wii with "AMF Bowling!" and the like.

Last edited:
The sequel to Shadow of Colossus was also revealed on the PS3. It's a cross between Ico and SoTC. You're a boy with a baby griffin colossus for the pet.

My thoughts on Non Nintendo E3.
MS:
Project Natal would be good, but it would need many improvements before release. The halo games would be ok, but i hope they arent like Halo Wars. And forza 3, just awesome.
Sony:
I'm glad they are relesing lots of new PSP games, as i am bored of having nothing to play on my psp. The PSP GO! looks like another "preninum model" handheld like the DSI. And FFVII + psn will be sweet (if it isnt $70.)

I just read about Shadow Complex. Looks... too action-oriented to be a good Metroid game. But eh, we'll see. IGN say's it's on the PC too, so I may get it. I doubt I'm ever getting an Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom