• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Evil Ash....?

Amaura

Reaction score
Yo people sorry if this thread has already been discussed but has anyone seen Battling the Enemy Within when Ash is bewitched by the evil spirit of pokelantis...............? Well i was wondering if anyone else is wondering if evil Ash will return and do something...........um...........bad i guess

~This is my first thread so plz no flaming or criticizing me

Probally no, since i think it's a one time deal but i can be wrong and return in the future.

Last edited:
That would mean the spirit would have to somehow return... and the chances of that happening are close to 0.

Its not impossible that he turns evil again though. Pokèmon isn't unknown to recycling plots..

Remember that Ash is capable of bending Auric energies to his will, even though he doesn't actively practice such activities. It's entirely possible that his Aura was "tainted" by the presence of the evil spirit, and that, if he is exposed to a sizable enough quantity of Shadow Aura (the stuff seen in Colosseum and XD), a "residual" evil could resurface.

That is, assuming that Lucario and the Mystery of Mew took place before Battling the Enemy Within. Having lost track of the actual anime way back in the early days of Johto, I honestly have no idea.

You're right about the timing.

About the "residual" evil, remember that Ash broke free enough to tell Pikachu how to get rid of the evil spirit. Ash is too strong to be corrupted by evil auras.

Young Ash - check
Petrified Ash - check
Spirit Ash - check
Sacred Ash - check
Evil Ash - check

Next on the scene: Robot Ash from the future!

You're right about the timing.

Okay, good. :phew:

About the "residual" evil, remember that Ash broke free enough to tell Pikachu how to get rid of the evil spirit. Ash is too strong to be corrupted by evil auras.

I never saw the end of the episode. I got, like, halfway through the Pyramid battle and then decided not to load Part III because it was taking too long.

That is, assuming that Lucario and the Mystery of Mew took place before Battling the Enemy Within.

It did. The 8th movie takes place right at the start of Battle Frontier. "Battling the Enemy Within" is of course during the last stretch of BF eps.

Young Ash - check
Petrified Ash - check
Spirit Ash - check
Sacred Ash - check
Evil Ash - check

Pokèmon doesn't have a future.
Its stuck on the year Ash is ten.
I blame Dialga. Its too busy arguing with Palkia to keep time running.

Young Ash - check
Petrified Ash - check
Spirit Ash - check
Sacred Ash - check
Evil Ash - check

THIS WINS SO HARD IT IS GOING IN MY SIG

Well I want Evil Ash to make another appearance, it'd be awesome. Personally, I think we had a good chance when Brendan battled Paul, but no luck...

Besides, if Evil Ash DID come back, I could resume my insane Malevolentshipping :D

I remember seeing this when it came out in the U.S. for the first time. Looking back, I really think this could have been expanded on, maybe made into a movie. Pokemon had a good idea, and they just HAD to stick it in a stupid filler episode and ensure the fact that it would never happen again!
Also, Team Rocket didn't even meet up with the twerps. That's another plus- their whole "capture Pikachu" thing is getting real old anyway. They just ran around doing silly stuff, which is usually what they do in the movies. (that or shape up and help the twerps)
Another reason it would have made a cool movie- it would feature the Pokemon Ho-Oh, and we've never really seen Ho-Oh in a movie. (The only Legendary Pokemon from Generations I-III that haven't been in a Pokemon movie are Raikou and Ho-Oh) They are most likely saving Ho-Oh for the last ever Pokemon movie (if there is any :) ) because it seems to have a special connection to Ash. (what with all the times he's seen the thing) So, Ho-Oh in a movie would be REALLY COOL!
And all that crap about the king possesing Ash because of his rash behavior- are we talking about Ash from Battle Frontier or the excited little ten-year-old from Season One?! We aren't in Kanto anymore, Brandon! Deal with it! (I miss Kanto *sniffle*)

Looking back, I really think this could have been expanded on, maybe made into a movie. Pokemon had a good idea, and they just HAD to stick it in a stupid filler episode

Brandon was introduced in that episode and Ash battled him. How is that a filler?

Another reason it would have made a cool movie- it would feature the Pokemon Ho-Oh, and we've never really seen Ho-Oh in a movie. (The only Legendary Pokemon from Generations I-III that haven't been in a Pokemon movie are Raikou and Ho-Oh) They are most likely saving Ho-Oh for the last ever Pokemon movie (if there is any :) )

Ho-oh is in Movie 13, coming out next year.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom