• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

evkl's "various vacations" thread

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
I don't do much photography when I'm not on vacation, but when I travel (and I'm lucky enough to travel a fair amount,) I like getting pictures. Here's a few of my favorite shots from my trips:

17136_1228355437048_1473930155_30752607_1094185_n.jpg

This was taken from the balcony of the condo where I was staying on one of the smaller Hawaiian Islands, Molokai. I took a ton of pictures there--it's where I got my new camera--and it remains one of my most-favorite vacations. There's just nobody there and this island is beautiful and amazing. It's really hard to describe the amount of peace you have when something's that empty and all you can do is explore the world.

25470_1281768892351_1473930155_30863427_1531430_n.jpg

And this picture was taken in the souks in Marrakesh, Morocco. A souk is a covered market, but it's really much more than that. It's sort of a one-stop shop for everything you need if you're a tourist. There's plenty of stuff for the locals, too; lots of spices and fruits and even meats that are for sale in the surrounding areas. But I think this picture pretty well captures the busy-ness of it all. There are people everywhere, and you can see an enormous variety of stuff that anyone with purchasing power and a willingness to negotiate can walk away with.

• Staff
re: evkl's "various vacations" thread

Two more, just because:

Warning: not really NSFW but could be a little awkward.
17136_1228355477049_1473930155_30752608_3181001_n.jpg
This is a rock on an island of Hawaii called Molokai. It's called "Phallic Rock." I think you might be able to see why. It was less phallic than I expected but still pretty phallic, as it goes. The rock was a place where natives worshiped--praying, especially, for fertility. I can understand why; it's about as tall as me (6').

73238_1472928191214_1473930155_31300586_1044490_n.jpg

This one is much more appropriate--it's a picture from the Chinese Lantern festival that was going on in Montreal's botanical gardens last fall. I went up there for a weekend, and seeing this exhibit was one of the high points of the trip. Also, eating at o.noir, which I would recommend to anyone visiting Montreal.

Wow, how many countries have you visited? And are there any you haven't that you really would like to? Why?

Wow nice pictures evkl! May I ask what camera you use to take them?

• Staff

I use a Nikon Coolpix S570. It's nothing special but it gets the job done--I don't have the money (or the responsibility) to feel comfortable with a high-end SLR camera or anything like that. I'd drop it day one, guaranteed.

I'm lucky. I've been a lot of places; I've visited England, southern France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, and Austria in Europe, Morocco in Africa, and Canada in North America. I'd really love to get to Cuba (which is a challenge) and Japan (which is just far away) in the relatively near future. I'm going to be doing a cross-country drive after I graduate in May, so I should have some pretty cool pictures from that.

• Staff

I wanted to post this image because a cafe (I don't believe it was this one, though) was bombed in Jemaa el Fna. I was there--in Morocco, eating dinner in that square--about a year and a month ago and it's pretty wild to think about. This is a picture taken from the second floor of a cafe at night, overlooking the square. I think it's important to share this image at a time like this. I loved Morocco, and I'm deeply saddened by what's happened there.

15725_1287699680617_1473930155_30876466_6620124_n.jpg

Life works in funny ways.

Edit: I ate at the cafe that was bombed, but this isn't a picture from that cafe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom