• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Walkthrough Evolve Feebas in R/S/E with a dead battery.

Reaction score
So you have Feebas, but you’re only halfway there.

The way it evolves is either by trading with a Prism Scale or levelling up with 170 points in the Beauty stat, but we don’t have the Prism scale in R/S/E, so guess what? We have to use berries that turn into Pokéblocks that are fed to Pokémon to raise their contest stats (Beauty). Our problem is that we can’t grow berries, so we need careful management of our resources.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
Before we start with my method, you’ll need
• Access to Lilycove, Route 113 and Route 115 via Meteor Falls.
• A Pokémon with Surf and another with Theif.
• Feebas with a nature that compliments Dry-tasting Pokéblocks (Modest, Mild, Rash or Quiet).
• For Pokémon Emerald only, a Pokémon with Compound Eyes.

11 Chest Berries must either be stolen from wild Spinda on Route 113 or found elsewhere. There is only a 5% chance for each Spinda to hold one, but Compound Eyes in Emerald makes it closer to 20%.

One Kelpsy Berry is the key to a high beauty stat. A patch can be found in the upper area of Route 115, accessible with Surf.

Take these berries to the Berry Blender in the Lilycove Contest Hall. Save your game before attempting to blend, because the margin of error is small and the cost is your chance to evolve Feebas!

Time to blend! You need most of your Chesto Berries to be blended with a Level of 12, so practice your timing and get the Blender spinning fast! I believe you need at least a maximum RPM of 110 for Pokéblocks made with Chesto berries at Lilycove to be at Level 12. Blending the Kelpsy Berry is a little more forgiving. With 11 blue and 1 indigo Pokéblocks, you’re ready to feed your Feebas! Feed them the Pokéblocks in order from the lowest Feel to the highest. Now, level up your Feebas and watch it evolve!

The Level of a Pokéblock is the number that’s added to the stat (much like EVs), and the Feel is what’s added to a Pokémon’s Sheen.
When a Feebas reaches a Beauty stat of 170 (2/3 of the maximum, 255), it is eligible to evolve, so we want the highest possible Level in a Pokéblock. The Level changes depending on the maximum RPM of the blend, so time your A presses well!
When a Pokémon reaches the maximum Sheen, it can no longer eat Pokéblocks, so we want as low of a Feel as is possible. The Feel changes depending on the Berries used, so that’s why we blend at Lilycove.
We can almost use only Chesto berries with the natures mentioned above, as each Pokéblock adds 13 points to Beauty and 13*12 is 169, unfortunately one point less than is required for evolution! The Kelpsy Berry makes a Pokéblock with a greater Level, so by replacing the final Chesto berry Pokéblock with one from a Kelpsy berry we push the Beauty above 169 and into the range of evolution. My goal was to make an infinitely repeatable formula to evolve Feebas, but it is instead limited to the number of Kelpsy berries available.
(So 13*11 + (>=14) >= 170, slightly more complex than the other equation.)

If you don’t have Thief, you can instead catch Spinda and take their Chesto Berry from them. This uses a lot of Pokéballs.

Last edited:
Your math is wrong somewhere because this didn’t work for me. You should double check your numbers before putting up a guide for people with limited resources and no legitimate ways to replenish them. Good thing I saved before using my Kelpsy berry.

EDIT: 13*11 is 143. 170-143 is 27 not 14

To make it work you need 12 blue pokeblocks and 1 indigo

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom