• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Evolving inkay on the switch

How will inkay evolve in the switch games?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Reaction score
When they were making pokemon x and y they came up with crazy creative methods of evolving , but inkay's is the weirdest one, even it is a little bit logical when you compare inkay and malamar , but I can only imagine someone evolving it when it is in television mode , holds the the joy-cons upside down and it doesn't work so he flips the TV .
The poll will be closed when SwSh are released on 15th november

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Given how Game Freak seems to be cutting corners and the fact that motion detection works differently from the 3DS, I think that they’ll drop Inkay’s evolution gimmick and just opt for a simple “reach Level 30” solution.

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
Maybe the new Inkay evolution gimmick will be that you have to throw the Switch at the wall to evolve Inkay then you have to buy a new Switch console to replace your damaged one. Everybody wins. (y)

But really, a standard level up method would work. I always hated the old gimmick.

Blockhead Pippi

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Probably make it a trade-based evolution that requires holding an item. Like what they did with Feebas.

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
They would most likely use the Switch's gyro controls for Inkay's evolution, I don't see them getting rid of the method just because it's not on the 3DS.

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
@Poke Dragon It depends on how easy the Switch’s motion controls are to respond to in terms of being docked. Or are you saying that Inkay will only evolve in handheld mode?

Kyriaki

Steven Stone For Life
Reaction score
With the Switch Lite coming out, I'm guessing you'd only need to hold the screen upside-down.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
However, not everyone will be playing on the Switch Lite.
True, but is there a technical difference between the OG Switch and Switch Lite that'll prevent the OG Switch from doing the flip? I will admit and apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on that