• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Evolving inkay on the switch

How will inkay evolve in the switch games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score
When they were making pokemon x and y they came up with crazy creative methods of evolving , but inkay's is the weirdest one, even it is a little bit logical when you compare inkay and malamar , but I can only imagine someone evolving it when it is in television mode , holds the the joy-cons upside down and it doesn't work so he flips the TV .
The poll will be closed when SwSh are released on 15th november

Given how Game Freak seems to be cutting corners and the fact that motion detection works differently from the 3DS, I think that they’ll drop Inkay’s evolution gimmick and just opt for a simple “reach Level 30” solution.

Maybe the new Inkay evolution gimmick will be that you have to throw the Switch at the wall to evolve Inkay then you have to buy a new Switch console to replace your damaged one. Everybody wins. (y)

But really, a standard level up method would work. I always hated the old gimmick.

Probably make it a trade-based evolution that requires holding an item. Like what they did with Feebas.

They would most likely use the Switch's gyro controls for Inkay's evolution, I don't see them getting rid of the method just because it's not on the 3DS.

@Poke Dragon It depends on how easy the Switch’s motion controls are to respond to in terms of being docked. Or are you saying that Inkay will only evolve in handheld mode?

why not using that move Switcheroo or Ally Switch or a other switching move during battle or learning activate it's evolution?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom