• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

MissingNo. 1

Reaction score
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread like this yet so I'll start one now.

What further evolutions of Pokemon from previous generations would you like to see? Me, personally, I think there should only be expanded evolution lines of Generation V Pokemon. V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" so that probably assumed that the previous Pokemon were finished, meaning their evolution lines were set and done. Further evolutions of Generation V Pokemon, on the other hand, I would love to see.

I'm definitely expecting a pre-evolved form of Throh and Sawk, much like Tyrogue. Another evolution I want to see is one of Audino. It could be another Blissey and serve as a big blob of fat that just WON'T DIE (heh heh) but it could also serve as a BIGGER yield of experience than Audino. You thought Audino was a good Pokemon to get experience from? Well then, it's obvious that you haven't met its evolved form!

Pinsir, definitely, and with that, Heracross. Houndoom. Many others. And more baby Pokemon would be great too!

Okay, first and foremost, no baby pokemon. I'm sorry but I found them to be utterly pointless.

As for pokemon that I want to see an evolution for:

Farfetch'd
Eevee (A bug or fighting type evo would be cool)
Dunsparce (Maybe a normal/dragon evolution)
Luvdisc (Gen V would've been perfect but they blew it big time)
Girafarig (Just so I can see a giraffe pokemon that's actually tall)

Pokemon from Gen III and Gen V should be the focus of any new evolutions. And of them, a good list would probably be: Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Kecleon, Chimecho, Absol, Luvdisc, Liepard, Swoobat, Audino, Emolga, Durant, and Heatmor would be the most intresting to see, I think.

I also really like Dwebble but hate how ugly Crustle is, so if Crustle got a "pretty hermit crab shell" type of evolution, I could hardly object. Sort of like how Togekiss made Togetic loads less ugly.

I'd love some more evolutions, but I don't really have any super specific requests. A new Eeveelution or two would be great. I'd also like to see more Hoenn pokemon evolutions as well as Unova.

The only evolutions I would like to see are eeveelutions( fighting and ghost would be awesome). As for pre-vo's and evo's for old pokes are unnecessary. I think GF should focus on this gen's poke designs.

I think that an Eeveelution is extremely likely due to all the Eevee promo lately. Other than that, I want an evolution of Jynx. I feel like it was kind of left out back in gen 4. Also, I wouldn't mind an evolved form of Qwilfish. I don't think it's such a gimmicky Pokemon like Farfetch'd that it's too much to ask for an evo from it. Right now it's one of those sad Pokemon that are very overlooked and competitively are basically NU within the NU tier. This has been said a few times I think, but a preevolution of Skarmory would be cool, especially considering it's the physical equivalent of Mantine. Finally, I actually want a Tropius evolution. Something that's gigantic and bulky.

I think that pretty much all the Gen V lines are complete enough as they are. I don't really want evolutions or preevolutions from any of them.

Hopefully a new Eeveelution or two.

Maybe Dunsparce since it was in BW2?

I feel like many of the Gen III Philemon need evolutions of some sort. Tropius, Spinda, Mawile, Luvdisc...II and I both got a large amount introduced in IV, so I feel we'll see some for III. I don't want them to make too many though, I personally always felt Gen IV introduced too many evolutions for old Pokemon. Nearly 30 or so.

Personally, I'd like to see some 4 stage evolution lines. I don't mean a "Stage 3", as that would throw things off balance. What I mean is, so far we have no evolution line that has a baby evolution and a stage 2 evolution. Some of those Stage 1 Pokémon could really do with evolutions. For example, I'd like to see:
Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu -> New Evolution (Raichu is pretty cool, but is outclassed, especially due to its frailty. Maybe an evolution with a spread like 80/100/70/100/70/115 - not ground breaking, but just enough to make it somewhat viable)
Azurill -> Marill -> Azumarill -> New Evolution (Imagine huge power being used on a Pokémon with a somewhat respectable base attack stat).

Dunsparce evolution that looks like this (minus the halo):

pokeddex27__dunsparce_by_nanaga-d4kiprn.jpg

Either Normal/Dragon or Normal/Ground I guess.

Farfetch'd!
It can be relevant too, darn it! I've been waiting seven years to evolve mine (it's at LV 98).

Babies
Lapras, Absol, Skarmory, Munchlax, Frillish

Evolutions
Three Eevees (Ghost, Steel, and Rock?), Emonga, Dunsparce

Babies

Evolutions

I think Munchlax is already considered a baby Pokemon. At least you get it with an incense like a lot of other babies.

Dunsparce evolution that looks like this (minus the halo):

pokeddex27__dunsparce_by_nanaga-d4kiprn.jpg

Either Normal/Dragon or Normal/Ground I guess.

Maybe replace the halo with horns and give it the dreaded #666 spot? :devil:

.... Yeah, that sounds really stupid now that I think about it.... :p

Babies

Evolutions

I think Munchlax is already considered a baby Pokemon. At least you get it with an incense like a lot of other babies.

It is.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom