• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

I say pre-evo for Lapras and Kangaskan, an evolution for Mawile, Sableye (though I admit the latter doesn't need an evolution, I just want one O_O), and Liepard (because it seriously sucks), both an evo and pre-evo for Torkoal and Tropius, and for them to do something with Absol, because I seriously don't get the point of that pokemon, concept-wise.

I really want new evolutionary monkeys to make it right cause they ruined the water monkey. I want a great ice and Electric monkeys!
Elemental Monkeys are based on Three Wise Monkeys (you know, the ones covering their eyes, ears and mouth), so, as the name may suggest, we won't get any more.

There's apparently a fourth one, "do no evil", with its arms crossed.

I think if we got another monkey, an Electric one would make the most sense since it goes well with Grass, Fire, and Water being a sort of "honorary Starter" type due to Pikachu in Yellow.

I'm thinking that Gen V was similar, in ways, to Gen I. For example, Audino = Chansey. I expect to see a prevo and and evolution for Audino at some point.

Cofagrigus might have a nice prevo with an interesting evolution method. Same goes for Cryogonal. And maybe lapras, but only if its done well.

I totally want Buffolant and Tauros to have a joint prevo. Same for Cacturne and Maractus, maybe a way to evolve Cacnea into either. A joint prevo (or evolution?) for Sawk and Throh.

And of course, Eeveelutions. I'd like Ghost.

Cofagrigus might have a nice prevo with an interesting evolution method. Same goes for Cryogonal. And maybe lapras, but only if its done well.

Poor Yamask, not only is it a human cursed to forever be a Pokemon, staring longly at the mask it holds and remembering its previous existance, but also cursed to be forgotten. You should be ashamed. D:<

Yamask?

Although a Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Rock evolution for Cofagrigus would be cool.

So I was thinking about Eeveelutions, and what would theme be this time round for the types? Gen 1 had the pseudo secondary trio going on, gen 2 was day and night light and dark, and gen 4 was the effects of humidity in hot weather compared to cold weather with the Moss Rock and the Ice rock. Going by that, we can either assume Dragon/Steel, to kind of go for a motif of the knight and dragon if this is France, or perhaps fighting/flying, to go for the land vs sky theme.

So, I went through the Dex, grabbed every single-stage and double-stage line, and gave my opinions on whether or not I believe GameFreak will expand it. I didn't go through the three-stage lines, although it's possible they may get new side evolutions, to save time.

Here's Gen 1. Will update with the rest of the Gens later! I left out Gen 1 Pokemon whose final evolutions are in Later Gens, and will do them in those Gens, except for Eevee, since it has one in multiple Gens, and the Hitmon-line, who also has Gen-stretching evolutions.
-----------------------

*Raticate Line: Nope. Early-game rodents don't seem like candidates for evolution, especially as there's really not any further point I can see them taking Raticate.

*Fearow Line: Nope. Same as above, early-birds seem like bad candidates for new evolutions, and Fearow is pretty much complete.

*Arbok Line: Nope. Cobras are pretty much the apex of tough-looking poisonous snakes in my mind.

*Sandslash Line: Nope. Another Pokemon I feel is more or less complete, and Sandslash isn't really a Pokemon I see a lot of interest in to give it an evolution.

*Ninetales Line: Nope. Well, they could make Twelvetails haha. But with us getting a new Fire Fox this Gen, an evolution to the original Fire Fox would probably be a bit redundant.

*Parasect Line: Maybe. I always thought perhaps a side-evolution of Paras where it regains control of its body, becoming a cicada with mushrooms on it as opposed to a mushroom with a cicada on it, would be kind of interesting...like more offensive based? But probably not, since the Paras line has a neat enough gimmick as it is.

*Venomoth Line: Nope. It's not a stand-out Pokemon by any means, and I can't think of much you can do with it.

*Dugtrio Line: Maybe. I'm sure people would probably enjoy an evolution where it finally emerges from the ground. Or make it a huge, earth-worm like creature that still stays burrowed.

*Persian Line: Maybe. Given Meowth's continued popularity, I'm surprised it never got a pre-evo (sure, it's a 1 EV Pokemon, but they could bump it and Persian up like they did for Roselia in Gen IV), but really, a Meowth side-evolution where it stays bipedal, and mani-neko influenced, seems like another idea I'm surprised they didn't do. Because, imo, Persian kind of abandons what I like about Meowth.

*Golduck Line: Nope. I just don't see them expanding this evolution any even though Psyduck is popular.

*Primeape Line: Nope. Seems pretty good to me. Except maybe making it a full on gorilla, but Slaking does that well enough.

*Arcanine Line: Nope. Most people LOVE Arcanine, and I don't think a Pokemon described as Legendary could have anything added to it without coming out a bit schlocky.

*Tentacruel Line: Maybe. I'm sure people would love a Giant Squid, and to have it finally receive a third evolution like its partner-in-annoying-crime, Zubat did.

*Rapidash Line: Nope. I remember when he had rumors of it evolving into a flaming pegasus long ago. But it's such a plain-jane Pokemon, I don't see them doing much with it.

*Farfetch'd Line: Maybe. I'm mixed. For one, turning it into a Kendo Duck, or a Chef, are both two cool little ideas I could see them doing. On the other hand, I agree that there needs to be some "joke" Pokemon like it which never evolve to keep things feeling more organic. Maybe don't evolve it, but give it a new stat boosting sword-item?

*Dodrio Line: Nope. There's actually quite a few Pokemon in Gen 1 where "more heads!" would seem like an easy choice for a new evolution though, but I think three is the perfect number to end on.

*Dewgong Line: Nope. This is probably the dullest line for me in the whole series, and I can't see an evolution happening for them either.

*Muk Line: Nope. Not really that solid of a creature to pull off a good evolution, as it doesn't seem like a Pokemon I'd expect to see anything added to.

*Cloyster Line: Nope. Still a solid Pokemon in this day and age, doesn't really need anything else. Well, except for the Slowbro version of Shellder perhaps, but that ship's come and gone by this point.

*Hypno Line: Maybe. It's one of my favorite Psychic Pokemon, and being a bit behind other Psychics, continuing its evolution would be alright. Maybe transforming it into some kind of stage magician with a top-hat or some shit like that?

*Kingler Line: Nope. We've got plenty of crab-like Pokemon at this point, giving an evolution to the original isn't needed. Unless it turns into one of those bad-ass Japanese Crabs that have the Samurai faces on them.

*Electrode Line: Maybe. There's a lot of neat ideas given the amount of Pokeballs, and a Master Ball-inspired one seems like the obvious choice. Or perhaps show us what's inside the Voltorb making it move?

*Exeggutor Line: Maybe. You could potentially pull off a neat-side evolution, by making Exeggute retain its egg motif more so, but I don't see Exeggutor itself evolving further.

*Marowak Line: Maybe. Eh, another Pokemon where I think something cool could be done in terms of side-evolutions, or perhaps having the bone armor motif expanded to its whole body for a Marowak evolution.

*Hitmon Line: Nope. I don't see them evolving Branch Evolutions, or adding another member to the Hitmon Family.

*Weezing Line: Yes. It's a very strong and popular Pokemon still, so I could see them adding onto it like they did with Rhydon, Magmar, and Electabuzz, and it's weird enough that you can add to it easier than a more natural looking Pokemon. The basic idea would probably be to make the second head fully formed, but I'd love if it just became a weird moon-shaped creature with multiple, little Koffing-shaped craters.

*Kangaskhan Line: Maybe. It seems kind of weird to do the whole Baby Kanga idea this late in the game, and while you could perhaps work in a male kangaroo evolution too, I'd rather see them create a new, more realistic kangaroo line.

*Seaking Line: Nope. It's pretty much complete in being a goldfish.

*Starmie Line: Nope. I've seen people suggest a Starmie Evolution before, but I don't really feel it'd be right myself. It's pretty well-off right now.

*Mr. Mime Line: Yes. We're in France, why not expand the Mime Pokemon with a new evolution as well? I love Mr. Mime, and would love to see him become stronger.

*Jynx Line: Maybe. It seems like they didn't expand it like Mag and Elec because of the controversy, but I think giving it an evolved form that moves away from the black face look, like a Valkyrie or Opera Singer, would probably be a good idea to help ease the whole racist thing. I agree with Mrs. Weatherford, fyi.

*Pinsir Line: Yes! Make it the new Roselia, a super cute pre-evolution little beetle, and a powerful evolution! Pinsir's time to shine!

*Tauros Line: Nope. People want a pre-evolution to link it and Miltank, but it's another idea which I think would work if introduced in past Gens, but seems weird to add it this far after both of them were created.

*Gyrados Line: Nope. Would defeat the purpose of Magikarp, really.

*Lapras Line: It's pretty much an "adult" Pokemon, so no evolution, but it's another big Pokemon who I think a pre-evolution would be a logical step. The Baby probably would be lacking the shell and horn, I guess. Remember when Shellos was its pre-evolution, lol?

*Ditto Line: Nope. Would ruin the gimmick.

*Eeveelution: Yes. I see a new Eeveelution, or two, happening...possibly next week. I'd like a Bug-type Eevee that can shrink using Minimize, myself.

*Omastar Line: Nope. Seems weird to expand the evolution of a revived fossil Pokemon.

*Kabutops Line: Nope. Same as above.

*Aerodactyl Line: Nope. At least for evolution. I guess a little pterodactyl would be kind of cute.

*Snorlax Line: Nope. Can't get any bigger, can it? Alright, it could, but Snorlax doesn't need an evolution at all really.

So I was thinking about Eeveelutions, and what would theme be this time round for the types? Gen 1 had the pseudo secondary trio going on, gen 2 was day and night light and dark, and gen 4 was the effects of humidity in hot weather compared to cold weather with the Moss Rock and the Ice rock. Going by that, we can either assume Dragon/Steel, to kind of go for a motif of the knight and dragon if this is France, or perhaps fighting/flying, to go for the land vs sky theme.

Wouldn't Ground/Flying or Rock/Flying be more fitting for that concept?

Yeah I meant ground. Had a lapse of type coverage for a second there.

Thought so. :)

Personally I'd like to see a Poison/Ground duo. If we're lucky we'll find out in a few days from now.

The dragon vs. knight theme is an excellent idea. I loved it the moment I was reading it. This type of antagonistic duality could work very well for version exclusives, just like the rivals Zangoose and Seviper. And considering their types these two could easily become viable favorites for competitive players.

Continuing this thematic discussion these are the other Eeveelution ideas we've thought out:
-Flying and Ground for Sky and Land theme
-Fighting and Ghost for Physical and Spiritual theme

Also someone earlier mention a Bug Eeveelution that could shrink through Minimize. I've been trying to think of which of the remaining types would best fit the idea of growing or expanding.

bug eevee used minimize!!!

i'd have to name mine Hank Pym or Janet VanDyne depending on the gender. OMGGGGGGGGGG

flying-Steel eeveeloutions in connection to the legendary Pokemon and their (possible) types. . .

Honestly from the left eeveeloutions (bug,steel,ground,ghost,fighting,flying,dragon,rock,poison)

my wish are Poison,Bug,Dragon and Flying.

Baby versions of Growlithe and Vulpix

Evolution of Dunsparce (that thing needs to be useful for something)

i really don't want any more eeveelutions - we've got plenty enough as it is, and every time we get more i feel like it takes away from the eeveelutions we already have. :(

the only eeveelution i'd want to see is a "final" normal-type one, a definite end to the set. like eevee's genes finally stop mutating and it just evolves normally. the end.

We probably are getting new eeveelutions and I couldn't be happier about that. I know that I will like them, since I like all the other ones. Plus that means I'll get to train moar Eevees in Gen VI! I'll never get tired of training this Pokemon!

The Eeveelutions are all extremely popular, so I don't think making new ones takes away anything from the others. The original three were introduced in Generation I, but they're still getting a large amount of attention along with the other two pairs, so I believe introducing another pair/trio/quartet wouldn't take away the focus of the previous ones.

They're like a little family that sticks together in a way that only Eeveelutions can do.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom