• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Mawile's Evo. could be Steel/Fighting.
ex_005__fhaneater_by_pequedark_velvet-d27sx5s.png

Now that's pretty darn awesome.

I'd like a Jynx evolution, but I'm scared the design will be bad.

I do agree with Jynx evolution. I hope she's looking better than Jynx, and also to avoid racism issues.

Although I would love a jynx evo I doubt it will happen. I used to think of jynx, magmar and electabuzz as a trio because they were all bipedal elemental creatures who got baby forms in the same gen, and I think the fact that magmar and electabuzz got evos at the same time and jynx didn't is because GF probably want to avoid reminding people of the Jynx controversy. My guess is that GF will probably never create a jynx evo or give jynx any sort of major role in game.

Sableye, Mawile, Banette, Dunsparce, Corsola, and Delibird should get Evolutions. It's kind of random but I think evolutions for Marowak and Xatu would be cool. Also, Jynx should get an evolution, but probably won't.

I want Dunsparce to evolve into a dragon. Being based on a hoop snake which is like a mythical creature, it should evolve into a powered-up hoopsnake dragon.

Evolutions I think are likely (not necessarily that I want to see for some):

Illumise/Volbeat (Possibly with some new typing) (Tail Glow could get pretty OP though)
Sableye/Mawile (A relatively-weak duo, similar to what they did with Murkrow and Mismagius)
Farfetch'd (Same logic as above, relatively weak. Also, several different directions to take involving an evo)
Eevee (One more other than Sylveon, probably Poison or Steel, because in Gens II and IV there have been 2 with one having an advantage over the other)
Pinsir/Heracross (Pinsir because it's a little boring, Heracross because the two are sort of a package deal)
Ledian (Horrible as it is, direly needs a boost)
Quagsire (Stats are good, but also leave room for an evo. Also, several evo possibilites)
Girafarig (Already looks like a baby giraffe, why not let it evolve into an adult?)
Dunsparce (Relatively weak, tons of evo possibilities such as fairy and dragon typing)
Quilfish (Relatively weak, a large blowfish would be interesting)
Magcargo/Corsola (Types are semi-opposite, both have mediocre stats, Magcargo could grow into a larger snail while Corsola could expand into a larger reef of coral; These two aren't very likely)
Stantler (Possibly gain a new type and/or be opposite of Girafarig in terms of versions)
Torkoal (Add a type? Could grow into a giant tortoise, though it would risk being too similar to the numerous other turtle-like Pokémon)
Altaria (Because it's semi-weak; not very likely)
Lunatone/Solrock (Perfect for version exclusives, a lot of room for improvement)
Claydol (See Altaria)
Chimecho (Just a gut feeling that it could evolve)
Banette (Because it was originally opposite Dusclops, who received an evo)
Tropius (See Altaria)
Absol (See Chimecho)
Gorebyss/Huntail (Maybe they could gain Psychic and Dark types, respectively)
Luvdisc (Let it evolve into Alomomola?)
Kricketune (See Chimecho)
Chatot (Could evolve into a toucan-like Pokémon, also stats could use improvement)
Lumineon (Room for improvement both stat-wise and appearance-wise)
Swoobat (See Lumineon)
Basculin (Could make a larger piranha- or barracuda-based evo)
Maractus (Could expand to make a larger cactus; not too likely)
Pachririsu/Emolga (Both have relatively low stats, and their designs could be expanded upon in evos. Possibly version exclusives?)
Stunfisk (See Chimecho)

I was going to share my ideas for pre-evolutions, but seeing the length of that list I think I'll hold off...

Last edited:
For goodness' sake, I hope this generation has an evolution for Mawile. Like, that Pokemon is on the top of "Pokemon I want to see Evolve" list, because I believe it can have so much potential, and yet it's kind of stuck where it is. .___.;;

Torkoal is pretty much in the same position, sadly. I wouldn't mind an evo for it, too.

I hope my analysis of which 2-stage and stand-alone Pokemon should evolve doesn't break any length limits or something. I am gonna be analyzing all 204 'mons that fit those two categories (minus legends, obviously)... I'm like over halfway done. Have 89 left to go.

For goodness' sake, I hope this generation has an evolution for Mawile. Like, that Pokemon is on the top of "Pokemon I want to see Evolve" list, because I believe it can have so much potential, and yet it's kind of stuck where it is. .___.;;

Torkoal is pretty much in the same position, sadly. I wouldn't mind an evo for it, too.

Dude, you must be loving MegaMawile!

It's really not the same thing as an evolution. Design-wise I think it looks pretty solid, but that doesn't make up for the fact that this puts a really big question mark on whether Mawile'll ever be able to get a proper evolution. It'll be weird to see where they draw the line between what constitutes a pokemon deserving of an evolution and those deserving of a mega form. I'm hoping this doesn't mean Sylveon and other branch evolutions will be the only cross gen evolutions we'll see this gen.

It's really not the same thing as an evolution. Design-wise I think it looks pretty solid, but that doesn't make up for the fact that this puts a really big question mark on whether Mawile'll ever be able to get a proper evolution. It'll be weird to see where they draw the line between what constitutes a pokemon deserving of an evolution and those deserving of a mega form. I'm hoping this doesn't mean Sylveon and other branch evolutions will be the only cross gen evolutions we'll see this gen.

Exactly it isn't the same thing as a traditional evolution. I could understand them giving Mawile a true evolution then giving that a evolution a Mega Evolution. But yeah them giving a Pokémon a Mega Evolution tells me that the Pokémon receiving it is already at its upmost stage.

Considering Mega Mawile already closely resembles Mawile in overall shape, I think it's safe to assume that regular Mawile will stay as an unevolved Pokemon.

Not that I'm complaining. As great as evolutions and pre-evos are, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to make proper evolutions for every single unevolved Pokemon. Now that we have Mega Evolution, I don't necessarily have to worry about that, and those Pokemon can still get a decent boost through these transformations. Only thing I don't like about it though is that it's essentially more formes. But hey, gotta take the good with the bad.

I don't believe either Absol or Mawile will be receiving evolutions. I believe that Mega evolutions will only be available to Pokemon already in their last stage of evolution. I really cannot imagine Absol having a mega evolution, and then having an evolved form with another mega evolution. And if the evolved Absol didn't receive a mega evolution like Absol did, that would just seem strange.

Perhaps if GameFreak discontinued mega evolutions after a few generations, they could receive an evolution. I hope that isn't the case, I'd quite like to see mega evolutions stay.

Yeah, it does sound like Mega Evolutions are something special on top of a species's 'final' evolutionary form. Thus, giving it a Mega Evo is kind of like (insert lame relationships analogy here) saying it will never evolve (ordinary Pokemon evolution) into anything further.

I imagined that Gen IV kind of fulfilled Game Freak's desire for New Evolutions, so it's not too surprising that, outside of Sylveon, we might see the end of cross-generational evolutions. Most of Gen IV and Gen V's original Pokemon felt mostly complete, bar a few oddballs here and there.

I'm still wondering if we'll see any Baby Pokemon though.

Mega Pokémon come with too many restrictions. Just from what we know, they require specific held items and a trainer may only use one Mega Evolution per battle. That is only fair for the likes of Blaziken and Lucario, but it certainly doesn't make it easy for obviously incomplete Pokémon to catch up with others. That said, I don't feel sorry for Mawile because Huge Power could easily be more than sufficient, but not every ability is groundbreaking.

I can see Sylveon being the only cross-evolution introduced in XY, but that doesn't mean that Mega Evolutions will take over in future generations, or even completely in this generation if DLC is taken into account.

I think we might get more eeveelutions in future generations, but otherwise cross-evolutions are pretty much done. If that isn't the case, I still can't see Mawile or Absol getting evolutions, because to me it seems that only fully evolved Pokémon are able to megaevolve and as weird as it sound, both Mawile and Absol are considered fully evolved creatures.

Mega Pokémon come with too many restrictions. Just from what we know, they require specific held items and a trainer may only use one Mega Evolution per battle. That is only fair for the likes of Blaziken and Lucario, but it certainly doesn't make it easy for obviously incomplete Pokémon to catch up with others. That said, I don't feel sorry for Mawile because Huge Power could easily be more than sufficient, but not every ability is groundbreaking.

I can see Sylveon being the only cross-evolution introduced in XY, but that doesn't mean that Mega Evolutions will take over in future generations, or even completely in this generation if DLC is taken into account.

No one say that you might only use one Megalution per battle and I might be wrong but right now in my mind, it's pure speculation that as long as the MegaMon hold the Mega Stone in battle and had fulfilled the other requirement (which I expected to be not so different from normal evolution), then that MegaMon will Mega Evolve every time you switch it out. Heck, they might even make it so that the Mega Stone can't be knocked off or switched like in the case of Arceus.

No one say that you might only use one Megalution per battle
The official Japanese website does.

and I might be wrong but right now in my mind, it's pure speculation that as long as the MegaMon hold the Mega Stone in battle and had fulfilled the other requirement (which I expected to be not so different from normal evolution), then that MegaMon will Mega Evolve every time you switch it out. Heck, they might even make it so that the Mega Stone can't be knocked off or switched like in the case of Arceus.
What does that have to do with what I said? You still need to have the Pokémon hold a specific item at the expense of something else.

The official Japanese website does.

and I might be wrong but right now in my mind, it's pure speculation that as long as the MegaMon hold the Mega Stone in battle and had fulfilled the other requirement (which I expected to be not so different from normal evolution), then that MegaMon will Mega Evolve every time you switch it out. Heck, they might even make it so that the Mega Stone can't be knocked off or switched like in the case of Arceus.
What does that have to do with what I said? You still need to have the Pokémon hold a specific item at the expense of something else.

I see, I do apologize for my hasty conclusion. But my dear, the website also made it clear that Mega Evolution happens right at the moment the MegaMon is sent into battle and the MegaMon will not revert into their normal state until the battle ends. Of course, 1 MegaMon per team and no hold item for that Pokemon is pretty reasonable consider how OP they are, Mewtwo has 154 base Sp. Atk, and they buff it even more. It's only fair they took your berry or life orb spot.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom