• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

It's only fair they took your berry or life orb spot.
Fair for Blaziken, Lucario and Mewtwo, but not so much the others. The point is that there are still several single-stage and two-stage Pokémon with mediocre attributes (Absol isn't one of them) that deserve regular evolutions.

There are Pokémon that don't even have a single base stat over 100. Common sense dictates that they would be better off with regular evolutions. Mawile may be an exception to this due to Huge Power, which is a very unusual case.

I said this in another thread (and another forum) before, that could swerve around the "Mawile and Absol can't get evolutions" thing.

Pokémon that Megavolve will evolve into their final stage that is accessed by level up. Such as Pikachu would evolve into Mega Pikachu, not Raichu as Raichu can only be accessed by evolving Pikachu with a Thunderstone. That's why Ampharos, Blaziken and Lucario evolve into their final formes, while Mawile and Absol are "Mega" formes of themselves.

Although obviously according to the Torchic event, you have to evolve your Pokémon into Blaziken before it becoming Mega Blaziken, which makes me doubt my own theory as you could just, as an example, evolve Pikachu into Raichu then find a Raichuinite and access it's Mega forme, but I really hope they aren't just going to kind of say "These Pokémon could benefit from an evolution but instead we're going to make it so they won't ever evolve." Personally I feel Pokémon should evolve.

Another thing they "could" say is in a few generations time, whenever they want to give Absol and/or Mawile evolutions is that there simply wasn't the data of their evolved formes to megavolve into them at that time (As these items could be very well manmade, unless I've missed something)

Of course however GameFreak will find a way to swerve round it themselves in the future. It just doesn't seem right to me that a game that evolution is a huge part of would go and limit Pokémon. Sure, the Legendaries don't evolve, but they are already "special" because of their title of "Legendaries". It's like they're saying "These are what your getting and they're never going to get any better other than Megavolutions".

Last edited:
I'd bet Gamefreak has a scapegoat, just in case.

First off, "MegaEvolution" has apparently only be discovered in the Kalos region. Next, MegaEvolved Pokemon still resemble their old selves quite heavily ('cept maybe Mewtwo). Next, items are required to activate these forms, and some might not even be obtainable forever (like the Torchic event), suggesting perishable triggers. Next, and the most imporant part: the old Pokemon's "data" still exists, where as a MegaEvolved Pokemon's might not. You can search the GTS for "Lucario", "Blaziken", "Mewtwo", but you can't search for "MegaMewtwo."

Now, there are some big benefits to MegaEvolved Pokemon. For those fans who were heartbroken that Scyther got an evolution into Scizor, now you'll not have to worry about turning your precious Ampharos or Mawile or whatever into some slow monstrosity permanently. Swap freely, between the two forms, if you so desire. Also, no more playing "Bingo" with your Pokemon's chances of scoring an evolution in the first place. With MegaEvolution, every Pokemon is eligible. No longer will Gamefreak have to wrestle with bloating the PokeDex with more and more old Pokemon--they can stick to making all new ones (Slyveon not withstanding).

Since Mawile got a Mega Evo, that makes me wonder what will happen with Sableye. I want him to evolve normally! Then maybe in later gens, its Evo can get a Mega.

It seems like Sylpheon is the only new one we get! I don´t count Mega Evolutions cause the only good one are Charizard and Blastoise!

I hoped for some evolutions for some Hoenn and some SInnoh pokes but nothing for now. Doubt they´ll give us a new ones. They seem to focused on MEga Evolutions

i also am not expecting much in actual evolution expanding.... with the advent of megas. eevee got one because shes the poster child for gimmicks, new typings and new eveolution methods specifically.

I was looking at Cryogonal, and my goodness it could very well evolve into that Ice/Steel offensive glass cannon I've pondered about.

- Give it higher speed and a scary SpA. Something along the lines of low/low/pitiful/140/average/120 (coming to somewhere near 500).
- Give it access to Freeze Dry (makes sense too)

Basically, it would blast big holes through anything that's not Steel or Fire (which would, in turn, demolish it). Give it HP Ground to combat fire types, and the only things likely to take it down without taking big damage would pokemon with access to mach punch.

There you have it. If you're going to make glass cannon type in Ice, why would none of the pokemon from that type have decent glass cannon stats?

I do hope we aren't done with regular evolutions. Didn't someone say in an interview recently something like "Pokemon has always been about evolving"? In any case, I think they've left a way out in very specifically stating that this only occurs in Kalos (as opposed to saying something like "In Kalos, trainers have discovered blah blah blah").

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Well, only one Megamon per battle if, and only if, the other trainer has a Megamon as well. D:
Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Also on topic, I'd love it if Parasect, Butterfree, Beedrill, Vespiquen, Dustox, and Beautifly all got Megas... *-* I would love Gamefreak for all eternity. *-* (also give male Combees a soldier-bee typed evo.. 0: That'd be sexy! :D)

Well, only one Megamon per battle if, and only if, the other trainer has a Megamon as well. D:
Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Pretty certain it just means that both players can have a Mega in a battle. Not that both have to have one in order for it to work.

Evo lines-
Number 1- Ledian and always Ledian.

Ones I strongly want-
Torkoal, Mawile, Qwilfish, Ariados, Girafarig, Marowak, Arbok, Luvdisc, Emolga

Ones I think should have-
Pachirisu, Basculin, Corsola, Chatot

Megas-
All Starters. Beedrill. Any 3 evo Pokemon still in NU. And Aggron.

Last edited:
rapidash: shes cool but mediocre compared to today's fire-types. maybe a pegasus? (stealth rock you ruin my life :/)
Jynx: got left out in the gen 4 evos.
houndoom: cerberus evo/mega?
mightyena: needs love, badly
farfetch'd

i cant think of many more offhand

I love its design, but Kricketune is honestly pretty crap. I'd like to see them expand on the instrument and music theme. Maybe it could become a music conductor, or become more violin-like?

Personally, I don't want any more new evolutions, and I'm even more opposed to new prevolutions. Prevolutions just seem pointless to me, especially since I can't think of any of the top of my head that I actually like. And then I find that new evolutions tend to simply ruin the old designs. The newer Eeveelutions probably count for at least half of the new evolutions that I've actually liked. Not counting split-path evolutions, like Gallade and Froslass, that is. I don't mind them at all, as long as they're not overdone.

I personally think that most things should just evolve once, then a fair few less should have three-stage evolutions. A very small amount of these should have splits in them. Then there should be a decent number of standalones, but not too many. Eevee should be the only exception.

When Gen I first came out, I think it had the proportions more or less right. One thing that really annoys me now is that most standalone pokemon are legendary or mythical. I believe that legendary pokemon should not form a majority of anything. Including dragon types.

I'd like to see evolutions for Rapidash, Dunsparce, Stantler, and Girafarig.

Dunsparce. More than anything Gamefreak! Give the derp-snake something other than para-flinch!
Also, baby Skarmory would be nice. That is all.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom