• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

On the subject of Eevee again, just came up with something: Finish the eeveelutions off with a Dragon-type, then make a physical alternative to Eevee, which only has physical evolutions, and link both Eevee and the alternative with a baby prevo that split evolves into one or the other. I'd totally get behind a really crazy evo-tree like that.

I don't get it why people still mentally think of types as Physical and Special, they don't use that system anymore.

I really don't see why there should be a "Physical" Eevee variant when they can play around with types all they want. Leafeon is a Grass-type, which was previously Special-only, but since they made the change in Gen IV they saw the opportunity to let Leafeon focus on its Attack stat instead, and I think this is enough proof that they won't end the Eeveelutions after the Dragon-type one.

I don't get it why people still mentally think of types as Physical and Special, they don't use that system anymore.

I really don't see why there should be a "Physical" Eevee variant when they can play around with types all they want. Leafeon is a Grass-type, which was previously Special-only, but since they made the change in Gen IV they saw the opportunity to let Leafeon focus on its Attack stat instead, and I think this is enough proof that they won't end the Eeveelutions after the Dragon-type one.

Flareon has a higher Attack stat than Leafeon and was introduced in the first generation, so that's not really proof. But I completely agree with you, there are no Physical and Spesial types anymore, so I doubt GF is still following that pattern (if they ever were that is).

A Steel/Ghost Golurk evolution. Give it Meteor Mash and you have the most badass Pokémon ever.

On the subject of Eevee again, just came up with something: Finish the eeveelutions off with a Dragon-type, then make a physical alternative to Eevee, which only has physical evolutions, and link both Eevee and the alternative with a baby prevo that split evolves into one or the other. I'd totally get behind a really crazy evo-tree like that.

Why shouldn't they? Just because they don't use the old physical/special system, doesn't mean we can't use it as the basis for interesting evo-trees. And I didn't say that they'll stop making eeveelutions after Dragon.

Why shouldn't they? Just because they don't use the old physical/special system, doesn't mean we can't use it as the basis for interesting evo-trees. And I didn't say that they'll stop making eeveelutions after Dragon.

Because I don't see why it should be necessary. Why should there be a "Physical" Eevee variant, and then a baby pre-evo connect them two, when they can simply give Eevee whatever type evolution they want? I just find it redundant. Also, one reason why Eevee is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time is because of its unique Eeveelutions, and I think their fans would be disappointed if they decide to stop that line with a possible Dragon-type and slap on the other types onto a new Pokemon. It wouldn't be the same.

They might not cater to the fans, but when it comes to Pikachu, Eevee and the like, I honestly think they do. A little more, at least.

Simply because its easier to give Eevee all the evolutions and maintain its uniqueness in the Pokemon world. Moreover I think there is much more money in it for the Pokemon Company and Nintendo if Eevee remains the only Pokemon that can evolve into multiple types. Eevee is just too popular now to be ripped off by not getting an Eeveelution for ALL the types. Had your idea presented itself way back in Gen 2 or something it might have worked, but not so well now. Given the special/physical type divide has been changed now and that Eevee is often used as one of the Elite Pokemon (Pikachu, Eevee, Mew, the Starters etc.) - its just so much better overall marketing wise to just let Eevee stay the Queen of All when it comes to Evolution.

Mawile could do with an evolution. I've always loved Mawile's design, but it does need an extra push to be useful in battle - same with Heatmor too, now that I think about it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Swoobat received an evolution; after all, it is Unova's Golbat and Golbat received an evolution in the generation after introduction.

in addition to the usually requested ones, i'd like to see Illumise and Volbeat evolve into something useful. maybe one a Bug/Fire Fire fly and the other a Bug/Elec Lightning-bug-glow-worm. i've always found them to be dull and just... there.

Chatot should evolve into something more interesting too. and a Spinda big cute Panda evo. :p and BUG EEEVVVEEEEEEEEE! that is all.

Generally, Hoenn's and Unova's Pokémon would appreciate extended evolutions. Unova obviously is entirely unrelated to any other region, while Hoenn also has a really low amount of relatives in other places.

Personal wants? Mawile and Sableye are at a point where they'd really appreciate them, I'd think. There's much more that could be expanded on them that would not only explore their roles much more but add to the individual species, too.

Someone mentioned a Jynx evolution. I'd really like that, because to me it seems Jynx got shafted at generation IV: She clearly had something going with Magmar and Electabuzz (Fire-Ice-Lighting humanoids, recieved very similar baby forms, all of them close in the dex) but it seems it got broken at that point.

Generally, Hoenn's and Unova's Pokémon would appreciate extended evolutions. Unova obviously is entirely unrelated to any other region, while Hoenn also has a really low amount of relatives in other places.

Personal wants? Mawile and Sableye are at a point where they'd really appreciate them, I'd think. There's much more that could be expanded on them that would not only explore their roles much more but add to the individual species, too.

Someone mentioned a Jynx evolution. I'd really like that, because to me it seems Jynx got shafted at generation IV: She clearly had something going with Magmar and Electabuzz (Fire-Ice-Lighting humanoids, recieved very similar baby forms, all of them close in the dex) but it seems it got broken at that point.

I would welcome Jynx and Mr. Mime evolutions that looked less like their awkward middle stages and more like their more appealing baby forms - cuter and more animalistic/bestial rather than so pseudo-humanoid that they're a bit grotesque.

I really really want Donphan to have a expand evolution !
It based on a Elephant .
So It should have a expand evolution 2 generation ago .
But it still haven't got one .

I want them to introduce a real evolution of Arbok as a funny reference to the whole "Arbok evolves into Seviper" thing.

A Steel/Ghost Golurk evolution. Give it Meteor Mash and you have the most badass Pokémon ever.
That high-pitched shrieking you're hearing? That's just me agreeing with you. Quite loudly. But yes, this. Times infinity. The epic would kill! :drool:

And make sure to give it a usable special attack stat and make it look like Big O.

Last edited:
Also a Torkoal evo. And Mawile and Sableye like many have said.

Hoenn was really neglected in terms of families. :/

I'm expecting mostly Unova prevos/evos, like Sawk/Throh, Basculin, and Sigilyph.

Not Stunfisk though. Derpfish is fine as is.

I kind of want them to pull another Roselia...introduce a pre-evo and evolution at once to a rather ho-hum single stage Pokemon...it'd probably be a Gen V Pokemon, I'd wager.

First one that comes to mind is Stunfisk given its popularity, and why I can see (and imagine) a adorable Baby Stunfisk, I can't think of an evolution for it really, because honestly, it's one of those that's perfect as is. :p

Maybe Maractus, though, given it's kind of a new Roselia.

But if not Gen V, maybe they'll surprise us by giving either Pinsir or Farfetch'd an evolution AND a pre-evolution.

Now that Farfetch'd is mentioned, I'm actually probably one of the few people who doesn't want Farfetch'd to get a pre-evo or evolution (same with Kangaskhan too). My thoughts on this largely comes from George Hutcheon's well written column on its origin. I have to agree with him that Farfetch'd was probably introduced as a way to fool us players into trading something that could potentially become stronger, in return for something not quite up to snuff. In short, a gimmick Pokemon meant to con us foolish players back in the hayday of our youths playing Gen I.

You can argue that Farfetch'd no longer fits that role now that it can be found and caught in the wild, but I actually do kind of like and prefer how Farfetch'd still keeps some of its ties to its original role by having no evolutions or pre-evos. So I also have to agree with George here that I'd rather not see a Farfetch'd evolution.

With Kangaskhan, that's a different argument, but not today.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom