• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Does Unburden's speed boost activate when berries are consumed?

Is there any reason to get Sword or Shield?
It depends on what kind of fan are you. If you have enjoyed previous game in spite of their flaws you'll find the usual campaign with decent Pokemon distribution, cool features, new ways of connecting with your Pokemon, and some addictive postgame features because of the semi open world. But if you think recent games have been disappointing and aren't worth the price perhaps because of their difficulty and story you're free to skip it.

I don't have Pokemon Home. I am aware that to be able to get the Zeraora, you have to have Home.
I know that I can download the free "basic" version onto my Switch and just get one box, which is fine for me.
My question is this -- Do I *have* to also download the mobile version on my phone to link it?
I try to not clutter up my phone with too many apps.

I don't have Pokemon Home. I am aware that to be able to get the Zeraora, you have to have Home.
I know that I can download the free "basic" version onto my Switch and just get one box, which is fine for me.
My question is this -- Do I *have* to also download the mobile version on my phone to link it?
I try to not clutter up my phone with too many apps.
No, you do not have to get the mobile version, but it's recommended because that way you'll be able to get gift Pokémon, such as a Hidden Ability Kanto Starter and a Hidden Ability Galar Starter.

Is Clawitzer an exclusive? I can't find it. I already found a lot of Skrelps, but 0 Claunchers. Please help me.

Yes, Clauncher is a version exclusive Mon, with Skrelp being its opposite version counterpart, something that I was hoping wouldn't happen with the DLC. Interestingly, it and Skrelp are the only version exclusives in the DLC, so at least it's just one set of counterparts and not multiples like normally. Still a pain, regardless, but this also means that the Crown of Tundra DLC will probably have similar version exclusives. But, yes, just like in XY, Clauncher and Skrelp are version exclusive counterparts.

No, you do not have to get the mobile version, but it's recommended because that way you'll be able to get gift Pokémon, such as a Hidden Ability Kanto Starter and a Hidden Ability Galar Starter.

Okay, thank you for the info.

Do Dusk Balls work in Pokémon Dens all the time, or do they only work at night? I'm a little confused on whether a Den counts as a "cave" or not for the purpose of the Dusk Ball's effectiveness.

Do Dusk Balls work in Pokémon Dens all the time, or do they only work at night? I'm a little confused on whether a Den counts as a "cave" or not for the purpose of the Dusk Ball's effectiveness.

No, sadly, dens don't count as "caves" for the Dusk Ball, at least from what I've tried. Dusk Balls are only useful at night when it comes to Max Raid. However, there is an oddball situation that sometimes crops up due to the DLC, where the Dusk Ball works when the activated den in question is in a cave. In that case you can use Dusk Balls to their full extent. It's a rather random situation, but because the den is located in a cave, it registers in-game that the "location" is a cave, thus the Dusk Ball can be used then. Again, it only takes effect in the Isle of Armor, as some dens are in caves, but outside of that, the Dusk Ball only works at night when it comes to "outside" Max Raids. Hope that helps.

I just got the expansion passes for Sword and Sheild...the thing is it let me redeem the sheild one but keeps telling me i need the full version of sword, i have the full version of sword a physcial copy to be exact and i got it launch day, what is going with my game? if i have to i will restart sword from the beginning. nevermind i got it working,lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Abilities of the Dynamax Conkeldurr, Froslass, and Gigalith that are fought during the Sordward and Shielbert storyline? I know Gigalith's Ability isn't Sand Stream, but I'm not sure if it has its Hidden Ability or not.

IoA spoiler: Does anyone know what's the level of the Dynamax Vespiquen fought on Honeycalm Island?

are Queenly majesty Tsareena and dazzling bruxish perfect counters to Galar Slowbro with Quick Draw?

Can Poltergeist hit a target through Protect,work during semi invulnerable turn when affecting the targets item?
hit throug a substitute?

I have a few questions.
  1. When do you gain access to 2 star raids?
  2. Is there a resource online that shows when each raid level is unlocked? I can't find anything on Bulbapedia nor Serebii, though I could be looking in the wrong places.
  3. Can you use the daycare in the Wild Area right away? If not, when? I can't remember, and I don't want to jog all the way down there any to learn I can't use it yet.
Thanks so much.

I have a few questions.
  1. When do you gain access to 2 star raids?
  2. Is there a resource online that shows when each raid level is unlocked? I can't find anything on Bulbapedia nor Serebii, though I could be looking in the wrong places.
  3. Can you use the daycare in the Wild Area right away? If not, when? I can't remember, and I don't want to jog all the way down there any to learn I can't use it yet.
Thanks so much.

To answer your questions in order:

1: 2 Star Raids are available after beating Milo. Every odd numbered badge increases the level of Raids you can participate (No badges: 1 star, Milo: 2 star, Kabu: 3 star, Opal: 4 star, Piers: 5 star), so if you're looking for certain raids of certain levels, be wary of how quickly you acquire badges, as the more badges you have, the fewer lower level Raids you'll find.

2: No, there is no online resource that really clarifies that, or at least not ones I've found. But from my own personal experimentation and exploration, my first part of this post shows the aforementioned results.

3: Yes, you can. It doesn't matter which Daycare you use, both are accessible right from the start. Though I generally recommend using the Route 5 Daycare, as it's a lot easier to not get in trouble with the local Mons and potentially get a full party wipe by accident. Plus, Route 5 it does have the whole long route to hatch eggs on shtick that several games have had.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom